Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in clonsilla Dublin 15

Options
  • 07-10-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations on a decent broadband service in clonsilla?

I'm currently with virgin but now they're looking for 85 a month, so I'm thinking of downgrading to sky or eir. Would you recommend either?

I use a lot of internet for work and for streaming, so would need a decent connection with unlimited downloads.

I Want to have some feedback from someone on using Other providers before changing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

I just switched from Eir to Sky after Eir increased their monthly charge. €30 a month now with Sky and Eir were charging €55! Happy so far. The router arrived very quickly and the change over was straight forward. Check out bonkers for other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

baegan wrote: »
    I use a lot of internet for work ...

Ask work to pay for some of it... worth a chance if its an option to you.

Also - ring up Virgin and say you are moving - they have discretion to giving discounts if they think they will loose you..

Also thats 85 a month with all the tv etc - you can ask to drop the phone service and extra childrens tv channels - they are bundled but its cheaper if you request them off your bill.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

RTT wrote: »
    I just switched from Eir to Sky after Eir increased their monthly charge. €30 a month now with Sky and Eir were charging €55! Happy so far. The router arrived very quickly and the change over was straight forward. Check out bonkers for other options.

How long did this take?

Knine wrote:
    How long did this take?

I got the router the day after I ordered. Then three days later my Eir internet stopped working so I switched routers and I was up and running straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

RTT wrote: »
    I got the router the day after I ordered. Then three days later my Eir internet stopped working so I switched routers and I was up and running straight away.

Thank you. With 2 children who love their BB I don't fancy being without it for a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Knine wrote: »
    Thank you. With 2 children who love their BB I don't fancy being without it for a few days

Does it use the phone lines - so do you need to pay for phone line rental then also?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I find virgin a lot better than eir ...switched and switched back. My landline is close to free. Also the eir cabinet only had two ports left in it

ozmo wrote:
    Does it use the phone lines - so do you need to pay for phone line rental then also?

Yes it uses the phone line but the line rental is included in the 30 euro per month. The contract is for a year and then the cost increases to 55 euro but I plan to switch then if there is a better offer with a competitor.

Advertisement