Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurassic World Evolution

• 07-10-2017 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

I'm on a mission to spread awareness of this game. Long story short, if you've ever played Jurassic Park Operation Genesis in the past, this is its sequel. Actually calling it a sequel is slightly insulting. Jurassic World Evolution takes the genre to absolutely new heights.

For those that haven't played old JPOG, it's a dinosaur management park simulator, i.e. build your own JP. The reason I'm posting this now is that the company developing JPE (the same company that made Planet Coaster btw) recently held an expo and the JPE team had a small talk about the game, where they showed some screenshots but more importantly, a short video with actual in game footage. See for yourselves, to say it looks phenomenal is a gross understatement.

Video footage starts at 15:23.

Game scheduled for release summer of next year on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

I was already looking forward to 2 other dinosaur management games coming sooner than JPE: Mesozoica and Prehistoric Park. But that in game footage blows them out of the water. Only difference is from the get go is that the dinosaurs in those 2 games will be more scientifically accurate, i.e. feathers. Enjoy.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That was cringey too watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Looks great to me. Thanks for puttin this on my radar op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

i really enjoyed Planet Coaster, still play it when i get free time.

Ill definitely be picking this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I don't care how much this costs because I will spare no expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Zillah wrote: »
    I don't care how much this costs because I will spare no expense.

It's not the cost of the game that has me worried... it's the cost of a new PC cos my current one won't cut it! :o

Never again buying a console... PC FOREVER!

• Advertisement

spares-no-expense-hires-one-it-tech-support-wasnt-high-23921890.png

Note to self in game, hire more than one IT guy, pay decent wage.

spares-no-expense-hires-one-it-tech-support-wasnt-high-23921890.png

Note to self in game, hire more than one IT guy, pay decent wage.

In their defense, wasn't the facility operating on a skeleton crew because of the storm evacuation?

In their defense, wasn't the facility operating on a skeleton crew because of the storm evacuation?

Oh i know that. But, still would have paid the IT guy enough to keep him happy.

Also first thing ill do in game is releaae a T Rex and see what happens.

That's true and all but, despite Hammond's 'spare no expense' approach... they still didn't put locking mechanism on the tour vehicles doors :D
    Oh i know that. But, still would have paid the IT guy enough to keep him happy.

Also first thing ill do in game is releaae a T Rex and see what happens.

First thing I'll do is get a spino v rex rematch going! I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the majority of dinosaurs in JPOG will be returning here, along with a hell of a lot more... because god dammit I want my aviary with pteranadons, dimorphodons, etc! And my swimming pool with the mosa!

Maybe... maybe not so much a 'swimming' pool though just... just in case...

I will run a family-friendly dinosaur adventure park where no disasters occur. People will not, ideally, be eaten.

• Advertisement

I will run a family-friendly dinosaur adventure park where no disasters occur. People will not, ideally, be eaten.

- John Hammond, 1993.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

There's no way my laptop will be able to handle this game. Time to start saving for an actual gaming rig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've been throwing my money at my PC screen for the last 6 months and nothing is happening! I need this game in my life now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having finished both books by Michael Crichton I can say I'm looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Any idea if this will have VR support? I tried looking at a few forums but couldn't see any info

TheKells wrote: »
    Any idea if this will have VR support? I tried looking at a few forums but couldn't see any info

No idea. Considering it's made by the same studio behind Planet Coaster, and I don't believe Planet Coaster does have VR support (I stand to be corrected as I don't own it), I would say JW Evolution would follow suit.

The media embargo has been lifted and the first videos are in... OMFG. I do not have the words to describe how amazing this game is or how beautiful and realistic it looks.

Here's the official gameplay trailer, but I strongly suggest checking out other videos. It's unfreakin'-believeable.. I'm in love.

I'm gonna need a bigger PC....

45 minutes of gameplay:

Looks very nice. Still no word on VR support which is a pity. Even just cruising about in the wee sphere things would be enough. Build your park in 2D and visit it in VR.

Half tempted to pre-order it which is something I never do with games, but I do love me some Jurassic Park!

Probably rather wait for this than lump on Ark Park right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Love the fact that you can switch to various roles for tasks. Very interested in this for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

looks class cannot wait

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/

Will there be VR features?

We like VR and we supported it with Elite Dangerous, but we aren’t supporting VR in Jurassic World Evolution™.

Quite disappointed in that, but hopefully someone will mod it in. Just to tour my park as a guest in VR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I watched the full 45 minutes. Looks lovely. Nice to hear its on console too, will get this for PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Im going to build an amazing top notch park that attracts thousands of visitors.

*click save*

Release all dinosaurs, sit back and watch.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I suppose it's nice that they're making it for consoles, but gods, do I not want to try and control a theme park management sim with a controller. It's bad enough they make people try to play FPS' with those fking things, but this is absurd. I wish that game developers would put mouse and keyboard support into console versions of things, the hardware supports it.

But anyway, mini rant over, I watched Quill18 playing this for about 40 minutes last night and it looks like a really fun game. They did a really good job with Planet Coaster and it looks like this will be similarly well polished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Was looking forward to this but so far it's looking like a prettier but shallowier and more sanitised version of Operation Genesis from watching a few videos.

You can't kill dinosaurs, whether it be by shooting them from the chooper, having sentry turrets shoot them or by driving into them like you could in Operation Genesis. Why not?
    There are no children visiting the park. But it's ok to see adults get eaten by dinosaurs.

It also seems a bit silly that if you try to drive into a massive carnivore in a 4x4 (game won't let you hit them) it will just ignore you.

Visitors don't appear to have indivual emotions and preferences.

Are natural disaters/tornadoes in the game? I've just heard that there's bad weather which increases dinosaur's aggressiveness. Edit: There is, hadn't seen the latest trailer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure I saw a tornado in the trailer.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I suppose it's nice that they're making it for consoles, but gods, do I not want to try and control a theme park management sim with a controller. It's bad enough they make people try to play FPS' with those fking things, but this is absurd. I wish that game developers would put mouse and keyboard support into console versions of things, the hardware supports it.

But anyway, mini rant over, I watched Quill18 playing this for about 40 minutes last night and it looks like a really fun game. They did a really good job with Planet Coaster and it looks like this will be similarly well polished.

I'm gonna have to buy it for PS4 cos there's no way in hell my potato will be able to handle it :( I really need a new PC....

God the dinos look so beautiful though. And their movements are so fantastic as well, so fluid. So far, from a purely visual perspective I think chasmosaurus is my favourite. I think there's 40 dinos that are gonna be released. There's been about 13 or so species profiles posted on the official youtube page thus far, one every friday. I'm curious as to whether they'll include pterosaurs and aviaries, as well as mosasaurus and some underwater type exhibit. I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't, especially since they were a fairly big part of Jurassic World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Gameplay looks solid. Didnt get Planet Coaster but im pretty sure ill get this if reviews are good

Nice preview over on PC Gamer. Sounds like the game has a decent amount of depth and some replayability.

All onboard the hype train!!

This looks class

Nice preview over on PC Gamer. Sounds like the game has a decent amount of depth and some replayability.

Dinos get visible scars/wounds after fights (assuming they live of course). I NEED THIS NOW!! I'm throwing money at my computer but nothing's happening!!!!!

jaxxx wrote: »
    Dinos get visible scars/wounds after fights (assuming they live of course). I NEED THIS NOW!! I'm throwing money at my computer but nothing's happening!!!!!

THROW MORE MONEY FOOL!!!!

THROW MORE MONEY FOOL!!!!

I don't have anymore to throw!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Started playing Planet Coaster in preparation for this, hadnt played it before and was big fan of the original Roller Coaster Tycoons. Its bloody brilliant, building coasters is great and there is tons of customisation. Promising things for the JWE game thats for sure.

xpletiv wrote: »
    Started playing Planet Coaster in preparation for this, hadnt played it before and was big fan of the original Roller Coaster Tycoons. Its bloody brilliant, building coasters is great and there is tons of customisation. Promising things for the JWE game thats for sure.

Yeah, you can loose many hours to Planet Coaster. The stuff some people are able to build is amazing. Then stuff i build looks like a soviet union death drap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yeah, you can loose many hours to Planet Coaster. The stuff some people are able to build is amazing. Then stuff i build looks like a soviet union death drap.

You built Tayto Park?

I'm going to do something strange.... I'm gonna buy it on PC even though my potato computer won't be able to handle it but I'm gonna see anyway (will get in on PC eventually anyway so fek it) AND I'm gonna buy it on PS4. Weird right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll play this properly for an hour or 2.
    Then I'll be online like everyone else scouring the net for Infinite money cheats :D
    You can see it change at 2:50 , goes from 2 million to 999 million.
    It's in there somewhere ! :D

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'll play this properly for an hour or 2.
    Then I'll be online like everyone else scouring the net for Infinite money cheats :D
    You can see it change at 2:50 , goes from 2 million to 999 million.
    It's in there somewhere ! :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well I'll be lording around my park with all the lovely dinos while you peasants will be struggling with the financial costs of research and kids dying to lack of security !
    giphy.gif

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well I'll be lording around my park with all the lovely dinos while you peasants will be struggling with the financial costs of research and kids dying to lack of security !
    giphy.gif

Isn't that the whole point of the game?

https://youtu.be/z2UQv2JUZoU?t=1m32s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is there a general consensus about how it plays? Any early previews etc.?

This looks like the game 5 year old me could only dream about.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is there a general consensus about how it plays? Any early previews etc.?

This looks like the game 5 year old me could only dream about.

Well anyone on youtube who got to fly out there and play 20 minutes of it all had positive things to say about it. One youtuber I follow, BestInSlot, is pretty much a dino channel and he had some critiques of the game in terms of UI, sounds, etc and he posted a video some weeks back where Frontier tackled pretty much all gripes he had - one that stands out in memory was a camera issue when a dinosaur was released from the hatchery. So playing wise I have full faith.

Ok it's official, I'm insane.... There are 5 dinosaurs you get by pre-ordering the deluxe game (majungasaurus, suchomimus (both therapods), styracosaurus (ceratopsian), crichtonsaurus (ankylosaurian) and archaeornithomimus (ornithomimidae), as well as extra skins for the helicopter and 4x4. But.... I went ahead and pre-ordered it on PC (even though there's no way in hell my PC will handle it), AND ON PS4............. Somebody give me a kick up the bumhole for christ sake!!

Seriously though, just looking at the game makes me cry it's that beautiful.... Oh btw after the game is released there is a FREE Fallen Kingdom DLC coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of now, Gamestop are showing just the standard edition at €69.99, not showing the deluxe edition. On Steam, the standard is €54.99 and the deluxe is €59.99. On the PSN, the standard is €59.99 and the deluxe is €64.99. Moral of the story: go Steam or PSN! Jesus....

As of now, Gamestop are showing just the standard edition at €69.99, not showing the deluxe edition. On Steam, the standard is €54.99 and the deluxe is €59.99. On the PSN, the standard is €59.99 and the deluxe is €64.99. Moral of the story: go Steam or PSN! Jesus....

Did i see it lower on greenmangaming?
    Ill check....

Edit: i was wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement