Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibility of defective screen?

• 07-10-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi!

I've a oneplus one and recently dropped it and smashed the screen! :-/ It had been working fine up until this point but the digitiser broke so it was game over.

I was able to plug in an OTG cable and USB mouse to unlock it and then plug into my laptop and pull off pictures etc. I bought a replacement screen from Ebay and when it arrived plugged it all together (without gluing just yet) but it doesn't really work well...

The digitiser seems fine and registers input etc but the display is extremely laggy and updates really slowly. For example: I can type in my lock code really quickly and it'll register that no problem. but it takes maybe half a second for the keypresses to appear on the screen and then unlock.

Similarly, when I play a youtube vid there is no problem with playback speed and audio is perfect but the actual video image is extremely choppy and laggy etc. If i swipe left or right quickly on home screen the digitiser recognises it immediately but the screen will take half a second/full second to respond and update the display.

I got on to the seller and he offered to replace it and then I can try a new one to see if it is the phone or screen. However, I know the phone had been working perfectly as i had unlocked it with OTG and USB mouse before removing old screen and it worked perfectly (apart from broken digitiser!)

My question is......
    Before I send back the screen to try and get a new one, are some screens faulty that would sometimes cause this issue? Or is it possible that there's a different type of chip etc in the screen and my phone will have issue displaying anything to this type of knock off screen (making the point of getting a replacement redundant?) I.e. if I tried 100 of these screens would they all show the same problem or is there some manufacturing defect possible that could cause this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

For anybody who might stumble across this.... Might be use to somebody!

I returned the screen to the sender and they sent me another. New screen seems to work well and is really responsive etc. However, now it doesn't wake up when it goes to sleep!!!

Seems like the supplier has a load of dodgy screens. I'll try buy another off somebody else.

Advertisement