Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 Closures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Nearly sure I saw a sign on the link road out of KK to the motorway saying that there was no access from Monday 9th until 13th.....maybe I am wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Are they sorting out the two dips in the road between Kilkenny North and Paulstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Are they sorting out the two dips in the road between Kilkenny North and Paulstown?

Given the short amount of time the road is closed, I wouldn't hold my breath on the subsidence being rectified. They must have gone at it 2 or 3 times already since that section of the road opened about 6-7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its only the link road from the Clara roundabout to the motorway thats closed this week.

Such a nightmare going the old road in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its only the link road from the Clara roundabout to the motorway thats closed this week.

Such a nightmare going the old road in the morning.

No it's not. The northbound lanes of the whole M9 from J9 Danesfort to J7 Paulstown were fully closed today. It'll be the southbound side on the same sections tomorrow to be closed.
    They are working on the dips that developed in the road (again).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

road_high wrote: »
    No it's not. The northbound lanes of the whole M9 from J9 Danesfort to J7 Paulstown were fully closed today. It'll be the southbound side on the same sections tomorrow to be closed.
    They are working on the dips that developed in the road (again).

So it was.

It was confusing as there was a post on twitter that said it was just the link road that was closed but was removed a couple of weeks ago.

I never got to fully read the signs when i was on the stretch after Paulstown.

There was some chaos at tbe Hebron road roundabout this morning.

Those bumps have gotten a lot worse over the last year alright.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    So it was.

It was confusing as there was a post on twitter that said it was just the link road that was closed but was removed a couple of weeks ago.

I never got to fully read the signs when i was on the stretch after Paulstown.

There was some chaos at tbe Hebron road roundabout this morning.

Those bumps have gotten a lot worse over the last year alright.

Yea I think initially it said 09-13th Oct and appeared to mean a full closure. I think they tweeked the plans as they got underway. The hump between J8 and J7 going uphill has become very bad alright.

so .....if heading towards Dublin tomorrow from Kilkenny...is the road open or not?

mick kk wrote: »
    so .....if heading towards Dublin tomorrow from Kilkenny...is the road open or not?

Open...southbound side is closed tomorrow J8 to J9 until 8.00pm.

Ok that was totally wrong...N10 link road closed northbound again this am. Causing chaos, very poorly communicated via their webpage. The M9 appears open northbound (I saw traffic from the old road) but no access from N10!
    Was there any reason the N10 outbound needed to be closed?? I assume they could have coned off the spur southbound for Waterford if they wanted to? 4/5 of the traffic is going northbound anyways.

• Advertisement

yep ...chaos this morning...cars heading out to the link road...then having to turn as it is closed off. No real information anywhere about it. This seems to be a big problem with KK CoCo...i remember before where they were doing roadwoarks between Durrow and Ballyraggat....roads would reopen at the weekends and they would leave the signs up saying to divert via Castlecomer when there was no need. Is it that hard?

The road was open this morning at around 7 as I had to drive to Dublin for a meeting. Did they close it again? I've to leave to go back to Kilkenny in about 30mins. Is the road closed southbound after Paulstown?

mick kk wrote: »
    yep ...chaos this morning...cars heading out to the link road...then having to turn as it is closed off. No real information anywhere about it. This seems to be a big problem with KK CoCo...i remember before where they were doing roadwoarks between Durrow and Ballyraggat....roads would reopen at the weekends and they would leave the signs up saying to divert via Castlecomer when there was no need. Is it that hard?

Happened me. Luckily i know the back roads around Clara and it's relatively easy rejoin the old N10 and avoid the chaos! Desperately managed info wise, they should be on social media updating continually. Shame everyday management can't be take off Councils and managed elsewhere.
    Is it back to normal tommorow or should be just hope for the best?

fg1406 wrote: »
    The road was open this morning at around 7 as I had to drive to Dublin for a meeting. Did they close it again? I've to leave to go back to Kilkenny in about 30mins. Is the road closed southbound after Paulstown?

Open. It's after kilkenny north exit it's closed today so all M9 southbound traffic is directed through kk. Hence the chaos

road_high wrote: »
    Open. It's after kilkenny north exit it's closed today so all M9 southbound traffic is directed through kk. Hence the chaos

Cheers. I got back ok on the southbound m9. I got caught in the mayhem yesterday on the ring road. 35 mins to go between 3 exits. KKCC had a survey on Facebook recently re their communications and how they can better it. Their road closure comms are appalling. Remember the Comer road/new road closures earlier this year? No notice whatsoever of that, for residents of the area.

Seems all finished. Drove it today. Nice and smooth I must say, good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

what went on fire on the N10 inbound in the last week?

A minibus according to the Kilkenny People

Advertisement