Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask for refund for tiles before they're delivered to me? Changed mind.

Options
  • 08-10-2017 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

As title says. Visited a large tile retailer on Thurs and ordered tiles for various rooms for refurbishment job on house. Was a bit under pressure for time. Brought samples home and want to buy the tiles I think I prefer now in a different retailer. Tiles due to be collected tomorrow. Am I within my rights to go into shop today and ask for refund? Around €1,200. All sorts of signs up saying no refunds etc. I know they will refuse! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

You are not legally entitled to a refund on a change of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

newo wrote: »
    As title says. Visited a large tile retailer on Thurs and ordered tiles for various rooms for refurbishment job on house. Was a bit under pressure for time. Brought samples home and want to buy the tiles I think I prefer now in a different retailer. Tiles due to be collected tomorrow. Am I within my rights to go into shop today and ask for refund? Around €1,200. All sorts of signs up saying no refunds etc. I know they will refuse! Thanks

Change of mind = no right to refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

They might charge you a restocking fee -that's if they accept the tiles back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

I don't have the tiles yet. Ok thanks probably not much point in asking them 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I don't have the tiles yet. Ok thanks probably not much point in asking them ��
    Ask them anyway. While you don't have a right to cancel, they might be obliging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you paid for them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Tell them you've changed your mind and don't think you can afford to do up the kitchen as planned. I wouldn't let them know you seen nicer ones elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

Sorry yes should have mentioned I paid for them in full. Thanks for the replies all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No harm in asking to cancel, you may have to pay a restocking fee as it is likely they have ordered them in for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I don't have the tiles yet. Ok thanks probably not much point in asking them ��

While you might not have them yet, they may have already shipping from a supplier.

Depending on how "popular" they are, the store might help, but if they are a tile that no one else has ordered in a while, they might not want to get stuck with them

• Advertisement
Advertisement