Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomfox Honda Drogheda

Options
  • 08-10-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Is the aforementioned closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Yep. Closed last week. I passed it Thursday and they where taking down all the signs. Heard Ronan is working in Malone’s now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

What happened there? A Drogheda institution for manys a year.

Seemed to close quite sudden.

Walked by today and already had the for sale signs up and changed to sold on them. Word is Joe Duffy is moving in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Ah feck ...i was hoping it would remain honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Small place for joe Duffy I would have thought. Especially with the other big showroom vacant at Tesco petrol station. It used to be Saab and opel if I remember correctly. As far as I know Fallon’s still own those units he never sold them just leased them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That's a bit mad- his website is still up and clearly new model Civics for sale (they're only launched very recently) http://www.tomfoxhonda.ie/contentv3/
    Must have been a fairly sudden thing

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Small place for joe Duffy I would have thought. Especially with the other big showroom vacant at Tesco petrol station. It used to be Saab and opel if I remember correctly. As far as I know Fallon’s still own those units he never sold them just leased them out.

That garage showroom is a Beacon Hospital now. Was an Opel one you're right.

Is this place really closed?

I drove past it last night (after hours, about 9pm) but it still had a load of cars and the 'Honda' lights and such turned on (well, the letters that still light up, that is).

Is this place really closed?

I drove past it last night (after hours, about 9pm) but it still had a load of cars and the 'Honda' lights and such turned on (well, the letters that still light up, that is).

You likely passed me and the dog at that time and I can tell you there were zero cars there, inside was empty as was out back. Place is still lit up but there is a sold sign out front. You may have been looking at Boyne Cars who do Nissan and Opel across the road which would have had plenty of cars on show out front

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

the 'Honda' lights and such turned on (well, the letters that still light up, that is).

This possibly has something to do with the closure. Car manufacturers insist main dealers now have state of the art showrooms (regardless of how many cars they sell) and this one was quite shabby compared to others. I'd say there was a lot of pressure from Honda to do major upgrades or lose the dealership. I'm purely speculating though. They also don't allow 'sharing' any more. Where you used to have VW, Audi, and maybe Skoda under the one roof, they all must be separate now. Same with BMW and several others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Rang their parts department the other day.

Lady who answered confirmed that their gone.

Shame. Bought my first car from them.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Rang their parts department the other day.

Lady who answered confirmed that their gone.

Shame. Bought my first car from them.

Any word on why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Any word on why?

Didn't ask. She just said it's gone and ended the call.

Advertisement