Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear garden partition requirments

Options
  • 08-10-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I live in a rented terraced house.My neighbour is also renting. There is a large hedge planted on their side of our rear gardens which provides good privacy for both of us. They just informed me that their landlord is cutting it down to knee height tomorrow. They just did the same with the hedge at the front of our houses which didn't bother me so much.

Finally my question: Is there a legal/ local planning requirement for adjoining rear gardens to have some form of partition at a minimum height? My neighbour doesn't want this to occur either. ( I know the landlord can do what they like with their hedge)

Everything on line is about height restrictions, not minimum heights.

Any informed help will be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I live in a rented terraced house.My neighbour is also renting. There is a large hedge planted on their side of our rear gardens which provides good privacy for both of us. They just informed me that their landlord is cutting it down to knee height tomorrow. They just did the same with the hedge at the front of our houses which didn't bother me so much.

Finally my question: Is there a legal/ local planning requirement for adjoining rear gardens to have some form of partition at a minimum height? My neighbour doesn't want this to occur either. ( I know the landlord can do what they like with their hedge)

Everything on line is about height restrictions, not minimum heights.

Any informed help will be greatly appreciated.

It’s a hedge, on their side of the boundary so he can what he wants with it.

Other options include putting a fence up on your side or planting some screening on your side too.

Landlord could be removing it to reduce ongoing maintenance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is there a legal/local planning requirement for adjoining rear gardens to have some form of partition at a minimum height?

To answer your query....unless it is specifically specified in the oroginal planning planning permission, there is no particular height requirement.

Advertisement