Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving cert hl irish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Anyone know what the filiocht and prós roghnach is. Do you only have to study one poem and prose if you answer this part? Thanks

No you still need to study 5 poems. One of them has to be written before 1850. The other 4 should be modern poetry. Technically I guess you could get away with studying two poems, one modern and one from before 1850.

You also have to do 5 pieces of prose. One has to be an oral story (bealoideas), one has to be a piece from an autobiography or a travel diary, one has to be a short story, one has to be a piece from a novel and one has to be a short film or a drama. The question on the paper will specify which type you have to answe on so you have to cover all 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Conor123456789

Thanks for the reply,I appreciate it. Would it not make more sence for all schools to do the filiocht roghnach since you only have to study two poems which is less than the amount you need to learn for option A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Call me old fashioned, are you seriously suggesting someone sitting the Higher Level exam study only two examples of poetry?

spurious wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned, are you seriously suggesting someone sitting the Higher Level exam study only two examples of poetry?

Im saying, why study more than you have to. Our school has always prepared students for the option A in the filiocht question but surely it makes more sence to prepare for option B since you study less poems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Thanks for the reply,I appreciate it. Would it not make more sence for all schools to do the filiocht roghnach since you only have to study two poems which is less than the amount you need to learn for option A

If an entire group of students are all answering on the same filiocht roghnach than I doubt it'll be very hard for the SEC to realise that school aren't doing the proper curriculum.

• Advertisement

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    If an entire group of students are all answering on the same filiocht roghnach than I doubt it'll be very hard for the SEC to realise that school aren't doing the proper curriculum.

Are schools required to prepare students for filiocht roghnach and option A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Schools are required to teach the syllabus.

Advertisement