Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardman series Kerry 2018 (Full, Half, Oly, Sprint)

Options
  • 08-10-2017 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hardman series is open for business. For 2018 they have the full distance Hardman in Killarney, Half in Waterville, two Standard distance (Dingle and Killarney), and the Sprint in Valentia.

Very well run events, low entry fees, spectacular locations... Last years Sprint in Valentia was held in glorious weather, best place in the world when the sun is shining. This used to be hosted by the local Tri Club but has been resurrected by Hardman, race of the year for me in 2017 and looking forward to swimming to the island again in 2018.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Did the Valentia Tri there last year and couldn't speak more highly about it. Super well organised and stunning locations. Getting the ferry over in the wetsuit was a new experience :) Only about 100 doing it on the day which was surprising. Defintely doing again next year and hoping to do the Olympic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Planning on doing the Killarney Olympic in Sept next year. Anyone any idea how quickly these events sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

EDit wrote: »
    Planning on doing the Killarney Olympic in Sept next year. Anyone any idea how quickly these events sell out?

I don't think they sold out last year, but that was the first year for most of them. Feedback from anyone I know who entered was very positive- I'd not be surprised if the Waterville half sells out given the plaudits of the route I've heard. Valentia deserves to sell out many times over, its an incredible course (but I guess a long journey for many people). Amazing views of the Blasket islands help mask the pain running up that hill!

I've entered Killarney, Valentia, Hardman, and may well give Waterville a lash, we'll see how it goes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭griffin100

Delighted to see this race series gaining some traction. Alan has put in Trojan work over the last few years. It's come a long way since 16 or so of us (plus a few relays) did the first Hardman in 2011 :)

Advertisement