Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor issues - can't figure it out (Simon XT)

Options
  • 08-10-2017 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have sensors of this kind - TX-5011-03-1 , with my Simon XT system. Details here (http://produktyutcfs.pl/files/Instrukcja_Instalacji/TX-5011-03-1_Instrukcja_Instalacji_EN.pdf).

I have about 8 of them throughout the house and now at least 2-3 of them on random occasions report "sensor failure". I believe it's not the battery as an error of battery low would be reported.

Any ideas? Should I just replace them? They are about 6 yrs old. Also what sensor should I buy, I can't seem to find these kind available to purchase any more.

Also I was thinking of just replacing the entire system... would this be a waste of money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jon1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have sensors of this kind - TX-5011-03-1 , with my Simon XT system. Details here (http://produktyutcfs.pl/files/Instrukcja_Instalacji/TX-5011-03-1_Instrukcja_Instalacji_EN.pdf).

I have about 8 of them throughout the house and now at least 2-3 of them on random occasions report "sensor failure". I believe it's not the battery as an error of battery low would be reported.

Any ideas? Should I just replace them? They are about 6 yrs old.

Replacing the sensor heads in the devices is what you need to do.
    It's nothing to do with the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

altor wrote: »
    Replacing the sensor heads in the devices is what you need to do.
    It's nothing to do with the batteries.

Thanks Altor, would you know where I can source the sensor heads?

Thanks Altor, would you know where I can source the sensor heads?

Most of the suppliers here would have them.
    If you bring one of the old heads in with you they will know what you are looking for.

altor wrote: »
    Most of the suppliers here would have them.
    If you bring one of the old heads in with you they will know what you are looking for.

Cheers!

Slightly different topic. Is is possible to hook a camera up to the Simon XT, so I can stream activity in the event the system is triggered?

• Advertisement

Slightly different topic. Is is possible to hook a camera up to the Simon XT, so I can stream activity in the event the system is triggered?

No, you would need a separate system to do same.

Advertisement