Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Giroud wins Puskas award!

Absolutely delighted !

Check out @FIFAcom’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/FIFAcom/status/922535683461468160?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

greendom wrote: »

The force is strong with Arsenal twitter again

wawaman wrote: »
    The force is strong with Arsenal twitter again

Yes i see Antonio Conte and Cristiano Ronaldo both voted for Ollie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

A moment of silence for the Ox again please. Looks like he's gonna be on the end of another hammering.

It's a shame they didn't take Theo as well.

Giroud wins Puskas award!

Delighted for Giroud but I honestly felt that particular goal was just good fortune. You could argue that for any goal but it wasnt as if he picked his spot and scorpioned it from 25 yards.

His goal last Thursday was better in my opinion because he steered it toward goal with the right amount of power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Delighted for Giroud but I honestly felt that particular goal was just good fortune. You could argue that for any goal but it wasnt as if he picked his spot and scorpioned it from 25 yards.

His goal last Thursday was better in my opinion because he steered it toward goal with the right amount of power.

Tough audience! Remember he started the move with a flick pass too. That's what got him the deserved award, amazing goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

emmetlego wrote: »

Tough audience! Remember he started the move with a flick pass too. That's what got him the deserved award, amazing goal!

Yeah: love seeing the goal from the moment we counter: watching OG going full pelt (for him), busting a gut to get into the box and then the improvised finish. Go Ollie!

Yeah but when he got the touch to that goal lets be honest it was more in hope then anticipation. He even said so himself at the time. I like Giroud, im a big fan and while the goal looked aesthetically good, it could have went over the bar if he didnt connect as well with it. Ok i accept the argument that this could be said for any goal but he was almost gone past the ball when his heel met it. Good improvisation but very much undeliberate.

The build up to the goal i agree was outstanding and done it the world of good in terms of votes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah but when he got the touch to that goal lets be honest it was more in hope then anticipation. He even said so himself at the time. I like Giroud, im a big fan and while the goal looked aesthetically good, it could have went over the bar if he didnt connect as well with it. Ok i accept the argument that this could be said for any goal but he was almost gone past the ball when his heel met it. Good improvisation but very much undeliberate.

I've yet to see a truly spectacular finish that this doesn't apply to which makes the entire point moot imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

They should have a worst celebration award for his celebration in the next game.

That was a low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

They should have a worst celebration award for his celebration in the next game.

That was a low.

I play FIFA 18 and when you score with Giroud that is his default celebration. :o

Good grief. Can we not simply enjoy that goal for what it was and not criticise for once? That was quite simply, a thing of beauty. Finding fault in it is just seeking out misery!!!!!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've yet to see a truly spectacular finish that this doesn't apply to which makes the entire point moot imo.

There is a big difference between looking toward goal, seeing the opportunity and taking a pop and just throwing a heel at the ball in last ditch hope of connecting on it when the ball is behind you.

I admire his improvisation and the build up but im hesitant to fawn over it in the same way as others. Each to their own and all. For me his goal the other night was a bit better because with his back to goal he improvised and got the right amount of power and direction in the ball. He knew a little more about it and made his own luck.

Good grief. Can we not simply enjoy that goal for what it was and not criticise for once? That was quite simply, a thing of beauty. Finding fault in it is just seeking out misery!!!!!

Seeking out misery? FFS overreaction much?? :confused:

All Arsenal goals are brilliant whether it comes off the head or arse it doesnt matter so long as it goes in and gives Arsenal the three points so from that point of view its fantastic.

I just think it had a slice of luck about it. In the context of greatest ever goals im stopping short of hailing its excellence. Im surely entitled to have a different opinion about it?

Seeking out misery? FFS overreaction much?? :confused:

All Arsenal goals are brilliant whether it comes off the head or arse it doesnt matter so long as it goes in and gives Arsenal the three points so from that point of view its fantastic.

I just think it had a slice of luck about it. In the context of greatest ever goals im stopping short of hailing its excellence. Im surely entitled to have a different opinion about it?

Much as I loved the scopion kick, the header he banged in to rescue a draw at Old Trafford was worth way, way more to me.

I really hope we hold on to him. If plan A is what we saw on Sunday, him coming on as Plan B for the last 20 - 30 mins is just great in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

any team news for tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Haha, just listening to yesterday's Arsecast. Ronald Koeman and his painted balloon head :D:D

keano_afc wrote: »
    Haha, just listening to yesterday's Arsecast. Ronald Koeman and his painted balloon head :D:D
    It was brilliant, I spat coffee al over the kip! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

any team news for tonight ?

Seems Ospina is out, not sure about others. Maybe something like...

Macey

Debuchy Chambers Mert Holding Maitland-Niles

Coquelin Willock

Walcott Iwobi

Giroud

Wilshere, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

This on TV tonight?

Pacifico wrote: »
    This on TV tonight?

Not in ireland anyway.

Love this from Hector...

Bellerin: "It doesn’t matter how we do. If we win it's always the other team’s fault and when we lose it is always our fault." [@JamesOlley] https://t.co/FJ9Reo2j1G

Team for tonight....

At Emirates. #afc: Macey, Debuchy, Elneny, Holding; Nelson, Coquelin, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles; Walcott, Iwobi; Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wilshere, surely?

Gently gently with that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Wilshere has been playing some lovely one touch football

Split open by a ball straight between the centre halves, Macey hesitated coming out and had the ball dinked over himself.

And theo cant stay onside to save his life.

Bleedin eejits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Split open by a ball straight between the centre halves, Macey hesitated coming out and had the ball dinked over himself.

And theo cant stay onside to save his life.

i know it's his debut, but Macey practically ducked out of the way of that one. :mad:

Iwobi and Coquelin have been embarrassing so far, Nelson and Maitland Niles impressing

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    i know it's his debut, but Macey practically ducked out of the way of that one. :mad:

Decent save just there though.

Everything Coquelin has done in this match has been horse shìt

What a sub!

What a sub!

Havent seen a sub score so quickly in a while

Sooo, the new Bendtner?

Sooo, the new Bendtner?

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

welcome to arsenal :D

Fair play to the younglad, keep them coming.

Quite the debut! His pace is electric too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

In the time he was on, nketiah did more than Walcott in the last 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

wawaman wrote: »
    In the time he was on, nketiah did more than Walcott in the last 2 years

The same Walcott who scored 25-30 goals in that time? Nah.

He did however score more goals than Ox has this season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Was Elneny playing centre half again? FFS - are there no other actual defenders in the club? The chap is only barely adequate in midfield he's not cut out to be a defender. Where's Krystian Bielik gone? Is he on loan or injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

sonic85 wrote: »
    Was Elneny playing centre half again? FFS - are there no other actual defenders in the club? The chap is only barely adequate in midfield he's not cut out to be a defender. Where's Krystian Bielik gone? Is he on loan or injured?

Injured I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Sooo, the new Bendtner?

You wouldn't wish that for the lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Injured I think.

Yeah I was thinking there was something up. The few times ive seen him he's looked quite good - he'd be a great option for the cups and Europa League. Pity

Hopefully Niketah will become as good as some of the other Chelsea cast offs - Lukaku De Bruyne etc, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just back from the continent.
    Saw the goals on tv there.
    Two wins out of two and Koeman gone :D. Never liked that guy and boy did he rub it in when they beat us. Delighted for him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Go away more often :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Don't suppose there's any chance we're the 3 o'clock kick off on Sky on Saturday?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Don't suppose there's any chance we're the 3 o'clock kick off on Sky on Saturday?

Sky Guide says West Brom v Man City

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement