Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

Just did some reading and Expected Goals is a measure of the quality of a chance. That chart is just the per-90 stats but mis-named to make it sound more complex and in-depth.

The chart is named correctly? It's just expected goals + expected assists per 90 for each player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Basil3 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/956983360651497472

Aubameyang in the Dortmund squad for tomorrow

Until he's in it, and plays, don't worry about that. Could and most possibly is a ploy by BVB to put the squeeze on us!

Anybody catch that c*** Piers Morgan and his Trump interview on twitter. Bellerin even had a go at him over it!

Ha Ha. The Yeovil fans singing at Sanchez "what a waste of money - what a waste of money" after he gives the ball away for the umpteenth time. Even the commentators are mentioning his wastefulness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

emmetlego wrote: »
    Ha Ha. The Yeovil fans singing at Sanchez "what a waste of money - what a waste of money" after he gives the ball away for the umpteenth time. Even the commentators are mentioning his wastefulness.

Wouldn't be laughing wait till you see miki crossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

jayo26 wrote: »

You do know Walcott used to play for us right? Were used to ****e crosses!

Miki is not a wide man really though. His best football is in the centre where he can run from deep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two assists for Sanchez tonight according to the BBC.

I'm watching it. 1 assist, the other the defender gave the ball to the Utd player. He was his usual industrious self, but he gave the ball away loads again. You'd imagine against this opposition, he'd have blown them away. He was very ordinary with a couple of hilarious bad moments... I can say that now he's not wearing our jersey! Tried a 35 yard cross field ball and it went into the stands! Frustrating when he was a gooner.... Not so much now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm watching it. 1 assist, the other the defender gave the ball to the Utd player. He was his usual industrious self, but he gave the ball away loads again. You'd imagine against this opposition, he'd have blown them away. He was very ordinary with a couple of hilarious bad moments... I can say that now he's not wearing our jersey! Tried a 35 yard cross field ball and it went into the stands! Frustrating when he was a gooner.... Not so much now!

His first United game on an awful pitch tbf

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    His first United game on an awful pitch tbf

Correct, and a perfect continuity for what he has displayed for us over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Correct, and a perfect continuity for what he has displayed for us over the last 12 months.

Motm performances?

It's fantastic seeing so many united lads in this thread lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just checking up on Ozil. Look after him until July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Glad your happy but none of us came into this thread over the past two weeks with anything other then best of luck messages and good will.

Of course were going to have a comment when the topic is one if our players feel free to actually come into the United thread anytime you want to discuss a performance.

Glad your happy but none of us came into this thread over the past two weeks with anything other then best of luck messages and good will.

Of course were going to have a comment when the topic is one if our players feel free to actually come into the United thread anytime you want to discuss a performance.

That's so petty and pitiful. Bless you.

He has been sh1t for us for several months. I sincerely hope he infects your team and club with the cancer he infected us with.

I say good riddance to him. A complete puppy

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't plan on reading the united thread when Arsenal have a match, but that's just me. I'll give it a try sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Some craic if we sold them a pup...I doubt it but,it'd be some craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's amazing, the thread is a bitchfest, till they come in, and we're all on the same side for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's amazing, the thread is a bitchfest, till they come in, and we're all on the same side for once.

Embrace it while it lasts cos He'll start banging in the goals for them soon:(

Yeah, I don't plan on reading the united thread when Arsenal have a match, but that's just me. I'll give it a try sometime.

I recommend visiting the United & Liverpool threads from time to time.

They're the same as ours in the sense that anything outside of perfect wins are met with screaming and hand wringing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Two assists for Sanchez tonight according to the BBC.

Gotta love the BBC
    No chance in hell the first one is his assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

See Arseblog got suspended from twitter for 12 hours for calling Piers Morgan a pric,k , He's dead right I hate that Piers Morgan a dirty stain of a fan on the club

See Arseblog got suspended from twitter for 12 hours for calling Piers Morgan a pric,k , He's dead right I hate that Piers Morgan a dirty stain of a fan on the club

He's an absolute lowlife.

Absolute bottom feeder.

Disappointed in Arseblog, I know he has much better words to describe him.

The chart is named correctly? It's just expected goals + expected assists per 90 for each player.

Yup, my mistake. However I still question how useful it is in isolation though. The fact that long-term it tends to get close to the actual goals/assists and I doubt it's too much different from the actual rankings for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

yabadabado wrote: »
    Just checking up on Ozil. Look after him until July.

This is the post of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That's crazy when you consider some of the other stuff that goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Didnt see any of the game tonight but I see Sanchez got motm even though there was a few supposedly better than him. Martin Keown trending on the twitter machine, he must have given Alexis a good tanning

This is the post of the day!

Yeah. I love it . You can'r beat a bit of banter. He's probably right too. :pac:

wonga77 wrote: »
    Didnt see any of the game tonight but I see Sanchez got motm even though there was a few supposedly better than him. Martin Keown trending on the twitter machine, he must have given Alexis a good tanning

Keown posted a lot of anti Sanchez stuff over the last few months so he probably has to continue his attacks. I don't believe Sanchez was MOTM from reading the different reports, nor was he awful either.
    He attacked Ozil too so i won't even consider his verdict on that as i think Ozil was class for most of the season. I think Ozil would be the final piece in United's jigsaw but i want him to stay as he's the only world class player we now have.

I can live with Sanchez going there.

I couldn't take Ozil going there. That's too much.

• Advertisement

Keown posted a lot of anti Sanchez stuff over the last few months so he probably has to continue his attacks. I don't believe Sanchez was MOTM from reading the different reports, nor was he awful either.
    He attacked Ozil too so i won't even consider his verdict on that as i think Ozil was class for most of the season. I think Ozil would be the final piece in United's jigsaw but i want him to stay as he's the only world class player we now have.

Jack is also outstanding although his injuries have greatly curtailed him up to this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I can live with Sanchez going there.

I couldn't take Ozil going there. That's too much.

I honestly think Özil is gonna stay

Until he's in it, and plays, don't worry about that. Could and most possibly is a ploy by BVB to put the squeeze on us!

He's been named in the starting lineup. Injury incoming.

Jack is also outstanding although his injuries have greatly curtailed him up to this season
    Yep, as long as he stays injury-free.
    Without all those injuries he'd probably have been gone from us years ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep, as long as he stays injury-free.
    Without all those injuries he'd probably have been gone from us years ago.

If he can stay fit and as rumored takes a new deal on the same or less wages he really would be a strong candidate for Arsenal Captain. His fitness curtailed his development but he is still young enough that if he can put those injuries behind him he could be a proper leader on the pitch for Arsenal as he matures and a real one club man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I honestly think Özil is gonna stay

Not if we dont show ambitions and by the looks of things its the same old arsenal.

3 out 1 in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Zorc has said that Aubamayang will leave if their demands are met. He admits the Aubamayang wants to leave, even though he starts today.

Zorc also says they're happy to wait until summer if their fee isn't met.

http://www.football365.com/news/borussia-dortmund-tell-arsenal-pay-up-or-aubameyang-will-stay

If we miss out on a proper superstar cos we won't up the offer by 6 mil - half what we got for f*ckin Coquelin the other day - I'm going to be very, very angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Watching the dortmund game auba couldn't get any service at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

http://www.football365.com/news/borussia-dortmund-tell-arsenal-pay-up-or-aubameyang-will-stay

If we miss out on a proper superstar cos we won't up the offer by 6 mil - half what we got for f*ckin Coquelin the other day - I'm going to be very, very angry.
    You're gonna be very, very angry.

Yep, expecting the excuses to roll out starting with a tweet from Ornstein... Maybe Monday will be the final nail in the coffin. The fact that he played today said it all. Although, we played Ox against Pool and sold him the next week to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Yep, expecting the excuses to roll out starting with a tweet from Ornstein... Maybe Monday will be the final nail in the coffin. The fact that he played today said it all. Although, we played Ox against Pool and sold him the next week to them!

I think there was a lot of positive vibes today. BD trying to force us to buy by going public, playing him purely to show it wasn't a done deal, then his demeanour when he played today (possibly his worst game for years by all accounts).

I'm glad you guys aren't in negotiations your crumbling under the pressure :)

I'll be pissed if we don't get a deal done but I think the signs are actually good

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think there was a lot of positive vibes today. BD trying to force us to buy by going public, playing him purely to show it wasn't a done deal, then his demeanour when he played today (possibly his worst game for years by all accounts).

I'm glad you guys aren't in negotiations your crumbling under the pressure :)

I'll be pissed if we don't get a deal done but I think the signs are actually good

I'm just so f*****g pessimistic when it comes to Arsenal these days, I do hope you're correct!

I want to believe

On a nicer note we're not the only ones out of the Cup.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

On a nicer note we're not the only ones out of the Cup.:D

Definitely looks like Van Dijk is sorting that defense out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Definitely looks like Van Dijk is sorting that defense out.....

I wonder do the media darlings of Liverpool and spurs have a website saying how long it’s been since they won a trophy?

wawaman wrote: »
    I wonder do the media darlings of Liverpool and spurs have a website saying how long it’s been since they won a trophy?

Have The Pool lost two in a row?

Yes! The baton of CRISIS CLUB has been passed for a week or two.

I wonder what the statement coming out of Dortmund today means. It doesn't really sound like the issue is purely a figure of money. They talk about 'certain parameters' and 'demands being met'. All very vague.

I wonder what the statement coming out of Dortmund today means. It doesn't really sound like the issue is purely a figure of money. They talk about 'certain parameters' and 'demands being met'. All very vague.

It's taking too long.

Waiting till the deadline is nonsense. It makes no sense to play this brinksmanship nonsense, if we're properly committed to getting him.

Thankfully, I'm neary always wrong about this sort of business.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement