Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Whole thing looking very precarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I find it hard to imagine that Dortmund will force Auba to stay even if they don't find a replacement. He clearly wants out and was booed by the fans at the weekend.
    Whatever else happens its only slightly more than 2 days till this is all wrapped up and we know the story

I can imagine Spurs and Chelsea swapping, just to throw Arsenals plans under the bus.

And if Chelsea "balked" at the reported 15mn, they can just f*** right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I know it's best for all parties, but I'd be a little bit sad if it all ends like that for Giroud at Arsenal. He's a limited enough player, but I've grown fond of the big handsome lug over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Chelsea have us by the balls. If we want this deal, we have to sell Giroud at a rubbish price.
    He's not going to start, so I say let's just get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Giroud has a year and a half left on his deal and at 31 will be used sparingly. Arsenal never get good money for outgoing players, so I’m used to it by now. They won’t be strenghtening a rival. Chelsea won the league last season, Arsenal are a million miles from that. If they could get £15m and maybe Luiz and that freed up Batshuayi to go to Dortmund which frees up Aubameyang to come to Arsenal then I’d be happy enough. I’d rather Giroud go to Dortmund if he left but that horse seems to have bolted!

The easiest and best move for all concerned is just to stick with the original plan of Giroud to Dortmund. Chelsea turned his head, and messed everything up....but they won't pay the money. Hopefully he will see that he'll get more playing time at Dortmund ahead of the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

I think it would be good for Holding. He needs games and experience and it has helped Chambers and Wilshere an awful lot. Still a young man. It might have happened a bit too quick for him last season.

Yes agree, a lot of the time when they go on loan they actually play very little game time and can work against them and playing in a poor team doesn’t help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Transfer aside it's Match day! Here's to us winning tonight! Do not eff up :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rodders999

We would do well to remember the time Chelsea strung us along over the loan move for Demba Ba (BANTER) when we were desperately in need of a striker only to pull the plug at the last minute leaving us with nothing.

That time Jose stooped the deal because he didn't want to strengthen a rival.....novel idea that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll be sad to see Ollie go regardless of who he goes to. Don't really want to see him at Chelsea though if the nutty sounding rumours that they would give Arsenal Luiz in return are true then I'd probably come around to the idea.

This report, based on L'Equipe news this morning, really makes it sound like Chelsea messing us about. Claims they made and then withdrew a Giroud bid once we accepted it. Also mentions Monaco might be interested.
    http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/arsenal-were-willing-to-accept-chelseas-offer-for-olivier-giroud-but-ran-out-of-time/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

We've less time to get this Aubemayang deal done as the German transfer window closes at 5pm tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's completed today.

The German window closes at 5pm tomorrow so at least we will be spared the sight of Jim White going into cardiac arrest at news of the deal breaking down tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Stupid transfer window. Is Giroud still injured or what?

Anyway, looking forward to having a watch of Ozil, Mkitarian, Wilshere and Lacazette tonight.
    Could be brilliant.

Are we on the box anywhere, anyone know?

• Advertisement

NBC have it on their sports streaming thing

NBC have it on their sports streaming thing

Is it possible to subscribe to that? So sick of crap streams, stuttering and buffering with pop up adds every two seconds.

Probably with a vpn. Can't do it without one though, unless you live in the US

Well, this is exciting. Apparently Auba and his family have turned up at Dortmund airport:
    https://twitter.com/RN_Florian/status/958314081546629120

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Seriously, how can you believe:
    a) that’s Aubamayang and family
    b) even if it is him, when was that taken?
    c) that he’s not on his way to Chelsea?

This is a big f*****g circus. I won’t believe he’s our player until Ornstein says it’s completed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

rodders999 wrote: »
    The German window closes at 5pm tomorrow so at least we will be spared the sight of Jim White going into cardiac arrest at news of the deal breaking down tomorrow night.

Arsenal can still sign him up to UK deadline tho just Dortmund wouldn't get a replacement in.

chartered unscheduled departure from Dortmund heading west:pac:
    https://www.flightradar24.com/C25A/1046fafa
    Let the circus continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Let the circus continue

Just landed in Luton, which is North London at least :D

Closest Airport to the training ground apparently. :)

Ah come on lads. This is getting ridiculous.

Have we someone there to meet him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Closest Airport to the training ground apparently. :)

Your username is class. Just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It's a done deal.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/958334991242493952

32,000 people were tracking that flight. Insane.

Let the circus continue

Hahaha only Arsenal fans would be this mad to try and follow every move ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ah come on lads. This is getting ridiculous.

Have we someone there to meet him?

Dick Law is waiting in arrivals with a pork pie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't know, they are travelling a bit too light :pac:

Sky Sports News
    (@SkySportsNews)

BREAKING: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang arrives at @Arsenal training ground. #SSN

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/958346257956790272/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

This is the most un Arsenal transfer window for years normally I'm depressed the day before it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

dinorebel wrote: »
    This is the most un Arsenal transfer window for years normally I'm depressed the day before it ends.

It's maybe done sign of the catalyst for change

dinorebel wrote: »

I'm not normally depressed until the day after it closes. Call me an optimist, but I always hope for a repeat of the Ozil transfer every window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

L'prof wrote: »
    .....Arsenal never get good money for outgoing players, so I’m used to it by now. .....

anelka_arsenal_2.jpg?itok=Nqwf3v1O

I really, really, reeeallly hope I'm wrong but I'm not all that delighted with the transfer window. Better than most, sure. But we've swapped Sanchez for a far less talented player (is he even a starter for us?) and Aubameyang will have to be shoehorned in somewhat with Lacazette and I get the feeling he'll be gone within 2 years.
    If himself and Mkhitaryan clock up 60 goals and assists between them next year as we win the league I'll celebrate more than anyone, I just don't see it happening.

I really, really, reeeallly hope I'm wrong but I'm not all that delighted with the transfer window. Better than most, sure. But we've swapped Sanchez for a far less talented player (is he even a starter for us?) and Aubameyang will have to be shoehorned in somewhat with Lacazette and I get the feeling he'll be gone within 2 years.
    If himself and Mkhitaryan clock up 60 goals and assists between them next year as we win the league I'll celebrate more than anyone, I just don't see it happening.

I look at it completely differently. Auba is the replacement for Sanchez, and a better one, imo. I don't think he has to be shoehorned into the side any more than we had to shoehorn Sanchez and Lacazette in together.

Mkhi is just a bonus.

Overall, we're going to be a stronger team than the start of the window, and that's about the best we could have hoped for considering the loss of Sanchez.

Lets hope he isnt there to ask for directions to Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Jaysus button your worse than a glass half empty guy.

I’d say our starting 11 will be stronger, but overall we are weakened with the probable loss of OG and the cup players Theo and Coq. Still think we need a midfielder/defender... Or is this Greek kid the next big thing???? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Basil3 wrote: »
    I look at it completely differently. Auba is the replacement for Sanchez, and a better one, imo. I don't think he has to be shoehorned into the side any more than we had to shoehorn Sanchez and Lacazette in together.

Mkhi is just a bonus.

Overall, we're going to be a stronger team than the start of the window, and that's about the best we could have hoped for considering the loss of Sanchez.

Yep, you have to look at the situation the club was facing before the window. We all know it shouldn't have come to that but based on the situation the new team were in they've done a good job assuming Aubameyang signs.

Resigning Ozil is the priority then, it's gone very quiet on that front which is probably a bad sign if he doesn't sign up in the next month or so.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I’d say our starting 11 will be stronger, but overall we are weakened with the probable loss of OG and the cup players Theo and Coq. Still think we need a midfielder/defender... Or is this Greek kid the next big thing???? :rolleyes:

Agreed better 11 but smaller squad. That said these lads where crippling the club too many lads not playing in huge wages I think we'll hopefully see a smaller group with better quality goin forward.

The lads we shipped out where on top dollar

Another classic from Gunnerblog

Arsenal twitter just went up another notch!

• Advertisement

Signing the likes of Paddy Boomerang does increase the likelihood of Ozil staying though. Central midfield is still a major issue though. We're soft.

Above all else, it means the rest of the season will be far, far more exciting than it would have been if the squad stayed the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

emmetlego wrote: »

iv high hopes for the greek kid hes the kinda fella you'd like to see up against the likes of diego costa or the likes :) ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That kardashian reply :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement