Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ayew had a fantastic game. Tore us apart just with lots of hard work and a bit of experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Awful stuff. Three defenders standing still looking on as the ball bounces in front of them, as Clucas flies through the air to leather it into the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

i've turned now. I cant take much more of this sh1te. I think your time is up Arsene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

bet Aubameyang is thinking **** this and on a plane back to dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wenger should be sacked no question, he should walk away if he loved the club like he said he does but no, Wenger loves money. A f****** *****.

Literally ANY other club in world football would have got shot years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Tactics are shocking, same type of play against every team. Anywhere else it would be unquestionable.....

Arsenal are a pretty good team if you look past the defence, the midfield and the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will I pack Ozils bags or is one of you doing it ?

Comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

bet Aubameyang is thinking **** this and on a plane back to dortmund

Looking at the chances created for our forwards today Auba won't be anywhere near as prolific as he is with Dortmund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Arghus wrote: »
    Arsenal are a pretty good team if you look past the defence, the midfield and the attack.

Ya I agree our keeper is top notch!

northknife wrote: »
    i've turned now. I cant take much more of this sh1te. I think your time is up Arsene.
    You just now think wenger time is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

What’s happened to laca. We’ve enough dross as it is without him adding to the problem.

OG saying goodbye.

Grim.

What the **** is pter Cech laughing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger should be sacked no question, he should walk away if he loved the club like he said he does but no, Wenger loves money. A f****** *****.

Literally ANY other club in world football would have got shot years ago.

The man should be absolutely embarrassed by his work absolute embarrassment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

**** this.

Only reason I turned on tonight was to see possibly Giroud's last game.

I'm done for the season.

League of Ireland is back in a few weeks and even when Cork City got relegated to the first division it was more enjoyable seeing them play than watching this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Fully deserved that defeat today. The team is rotten to the core. Only one thing will fix this and it’s the one thing that won’t ****ing happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

omega man wrote: »
    What’s happened to laca. We’ve enough dross as it is without him adding to the problem.

He was poor but he didnt get any help from his team mates all night.

Brutal from everyone tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Feels kinda like the politics in the U.S.

Someone at the top who is toxic but there is a base there who apologise for it.

Everyone sees who he is bar those that are blinded by him. Time for a change, should be told tonight that he is no longer wanted and will have no hand in any transfers going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gutted Giroud is leaving especially to our London rivals Chelsea. This club is in serious serious trouble.

Yeah I'm sick of it the same gutless **** anytime we're outside of our safe zone the Emirates , I know they beat Liverpool but it's swansea ****ing city and they didn't get lucky like last week they bullied us around and 100% deserved it ......So pissed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Waited for a week to see this and typical Arsenal disappoints. Another away trip with 0 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Only one transfer matters at Arsenal and we all know who needs to be moved on

omega man wrote: »
    What’s happened to laca.  We’ve enough dross as it is without him adding to the problem.

He was poor but he didnt get any help from his team mates all night.

Brutal from everyone tonight.
    Same thing will happen with Aubameyang  though. so whats the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

OK. One last thing before I go to bed. Lacca got zero fu****g service tonight, Zero, nada! How can anyone apportion blame to him is beyond me.

Also, while I will be sad to see (of all our leavers) Ollie go, to any club, especially Chelsea, but there is no room in modern football for sentiment. If it means we bring in a proper world class front man, who has a history of hooking up brilliantly with our other new signing, then we have to take it. I liked Ollie, I even defended him when he was our 1st choice at times, but ultimately it's best for us both if he moves on. I can see why this is a good, yet slightly melancholy event.

3 wins in 11. That run of form I'm expecting can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Same thing will happen with Aubameyang  though. so whats the point?

Wherever you copied and pasted the name from obviously a different colour font :D:D:D

This is the worst I can ever recall it been. Even Bruce Riochs team were better than this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Surely Wenger is under pressure now from within the club. He’s run out of credit and excuses.

• Advertisement

Save us Ivan get rid of him to **** !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

But auba is only coming because of wenger, so we sack wenger and loose out???

What a cluster ****.

Player doesn't give a **** once he's been paid enough

Player doesn't give a **** once he's been paid enough

Bit like our manager.

https://twitter.com/btsportscore/status/958458482122018816

Scary stat. Cech is so far past his use by date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Basil3 wrote: »

Scary stat. Cech is so far past his use by date.

Has been for a while now, we should really have let Ospina go last year and taken Chesney back, he's flying it in Italy albeit with a decent defence in front of him. We were gash all over the field tonight, Swansea outfought and outplayed us and deserved the win. Auba had better not need a "settling in period" or we are royally screwed. That being said, scoring goals wont hide the fact that we are sh1t defensively.

But auba is only coming because of wenger, so we sack wenger and loose out???

What a cluster ****.

Lol who told you that.

Well lads, at least we have each other eh?

Im honestly beginning to have my doubts about Lacazette. Yes the ball going into the box is very very slow....but im not so sure he's all that at this stage. His first touch is atrocious for 53m. Our game dont seem to suit him. We criticise Giroud but he gets on the ball on several occasions and plays his role well. Hasnt a bad first touch either.

In fairness Swansea are on a good run of form and were hard working and well organised and the decisive goal in the match came from a freak individual error on the part of Peter Cech - I'll just say that, because I like to be fair.

But Arsenal were very poor tonight. They struggled all night to make anything happen. Apart from Monreal's goal was that Iwobi shot in the first half the only good chance that they carved out in the ninety minutes?

A lot of players were very disappointing - Ramsey was at his frustrating worst; in the first half in particular he gave the ball away on three or four occasions with those stupid flicks that he loves - how can he be so careless? If I was a coach I'd have him deaf from from roaring at him, but the fact that he's comfortable giving the ball away speaks of a culture of indulgence towards the players at the club; I can understand why he drives people to derangement watching him. Xhaka was very ineffective, I still can't believe he cost as much money as he did and his continuous lack of awareness defensively cost the team again tonight. Iwobi was fairly limited, as always.

Elneny did his job adequately and he was unlucky to be subbed, even if I could partly understand Wenger's thinking at the time. I think Ozil tried his best. That was a great assist for the goal and he was always looking to get on the ball and make something happen.

But that was the problem: nothing was happening. Arsenal seemed so devoid of ideas. Just endless passing around and in front of the Swansea players, most of it slow and repetitive. Just give the ball to Ozil and he'll magic wand us out of this quagmire seemed to be the thinking. There was no movement or attempts to stretch and get in behind the Swansea defence. Okay, like I've said, Swansea defended well and made it very tough to play through them, but there should have been more spark and creativity from Arsenal. Wilshire's absence made a difference, he's got that trickery in tight spaces that could have oiled the cogs of the machine, but he's only one player: there's a lot of other Arsenal players in that midfield that have big reputations as ball players, but they sure didn't look it tonight.

At half-time I switched over to the Liverpool-Huddersfield match. It was crazy to watch the difference in speed and purpose with which Liverpool moved. It was a similar type of game in many ways: technical side playing away to a team from lower down the table that was content to sit back and stifle. But Arsenal were so, so slow and ponderous, Liverpool, in contrast, did things quickly and even if they were in a sense doing the same thing as Arsenal were - passing it about in front of a massed defence - there was so much more of a sense of cohesion and cleverness about them. They scored before half time when Firmino made a clever run in behind the defence and finished well - it wasn't even a surprise.

It's great and all that some money is being spent on the team offensively, but you do have to wonder what good it is going to do with that defence behind it. Swansea didn't actually attack that much tonight, but they didn't even have too. Every time they did get forward it was usually left to a last ditch tackle to save the day and when that didn't work chaos was left to reign unabated: players slipping, suicidal back-passes, goalkeepers fresh-air kicking. Arsenal at the back tonight stank of complacency and disorganization. There were individual errors which you can't anticipate, but they were compounded by a complete absence of a plan of what to do next when Swansea were on the attack - and you have to blame the manager for that one.

• Advertisement

That was abysmal. No sense of urgency at all over 90 mins.
    Turgid to watch, so so so dull for the first 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

northknife wrote: »
    You just now think wenger time is up?

I guess you just live in hope that things will get better and you hide behind the good times with that hope, but this season has just got worse and now I really am starting to believe that Wenger has outstayed his time at the club and while I thank him for those good times (yes I know, a long time ago), I now firmly believe that it his time to go.
    I guess it is like an old pal who is dying. You remember the great times with affection, but you just want the pain and suffering to end for your friend.
    frown.png
    I really am torn between the love for my club and the shambles that we are at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Very hypothetical... Wenger fúcks off tomorrow, who comes in?

As a stop gap we are talking an Ancelloti or a Gus Hiddink I think until we can court a prospective young manager

Carlos Carvahal haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I want this guy

https://youtu.be/xhtq1ObGHy8

☀️

In all seriousness though I'd give Marco Silva a go until the end of the season what's the worst that could happen couldn't be as bad as Wenger staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thomas Tuchel and carlo ancelotti are pp favourites http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials/Next-Permanent-Arsenal-Manager-3938048.html

Would love it to be diego simeone though

We all know nothing is going to happen before now and the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Edit : if you place a bet there it mightend be payed out for another 10 years ha ha ha :D:D ( I had to) :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement