Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone following the AGM? A spicy meatball indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyone following the AGM? A spicy meatball indeed.

Nah same old stuff spouted, was more interested in a couple of newspaper headlines...

"Arsenal could complete a double swoop of Ajax's top two stars, Kasper Dolberg and Matthijs de Ligt, ahead of Barcelona if they appoint Marc Overmars as their new sporting director."

And

"Arsenal have reportedly struck a deal to bring influential Barcelona chief Raul Sanllehi to the Emirates."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This was posted over on Reddit. Thought ye might enjoy.

https://streamable.com/vv5d2

"The tape Giroud can show his grandchildren"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭yknaa

Nah same old stuff spouted, was more interested in a couple of newspaper headlines...

"Arsenal could complete a double swoop of Ajax's top two stars, Kasper Dolberg and Matthijs de Ligt, ahead of Barcelona if they appoint Marc Overmars as their new sporting director."

And

"Arsenal have reportedly struck a deal to bring influential Barcelona chief Raul Sanllehi to the Emirates."

Getting misty-eyed thinking of Marc Overmars returning to the club. Right up there as my favorite Arsenal player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Tim Stillnan’s report into the AGM is shocking. It’s up on Arseblog for those that haven’t seen it. Shows how much contempt the board and Kronke has for us supporters and indeed the shareholders! Club is a shambles.

Link here, to save anyone looking for it. I stopped reading Tim Stillman's stuff a good while ago as I felt he was trying too hard to be a clever wordsmith....this is an easy enough read, though.

In reality, the events of the other day won't have any impact. Still pretty embarrassing for the club/owners.

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/10/arsenal-2017-agm-the-chips-are-down/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The article shows how impossible it is to get rid of this shower.
    We are in big trouble as a football club but as a business we're flying.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/924259503788478464

Same lineup. Just gotta find a way to watch it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Just heard on the radio we're after winning every single game this season at home in all competitions..I didn't realise that.

Fortress Ashburton Grove?

• Advertisement

Just heard on the radio we're after winning every single game this season at home in all competitions..I didn't realise that.

Fortress Ashburton Grove?

Yeah, we have the best home record of all teams since the start of the year.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, we have the best home record of all teams since the start of the year.

I don't like your positivity.

Wenger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Merse giving it loads on SSN. He’s spot on.

Very good minutes silence, barely a sound.
    We get an early free kick in a great position to put in a good cross and we kick it back to the CB ???

Useless feckin stream.

Shocking.

• Advertisement

Our porous defence and keeper strikes again.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Boring ****e so far.

The snail's pace build ups are ruining us.
    Far too lateral and slow.
    Allows them loads of time to cover back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Booooooooo etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Should be two down.

Shocking half and performance at home. On the back of Spurs losing today we should have been well up for this.

Swansea have the beating of this team every time which is a shocking indictment of Wenger 'tactics' approach to games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hate this formation

Sooooo sloooooooooow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hate this formation

It's grand in big games for the most part, but absolutely no need for 3 CBs against Swansea.

Good man, Kolasinac. Let's keep it going now.

Urgh, they sliced us open and could have been 2-1 up. Ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can anyone else see what Xhaka is doing to keep Wilshere out of the team? Surely he's worth a shot now at this stage.

We keep giving the ball away too easily.
    Should be putting these to the sword now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Can anyone else see what Xhaka is going to keep Wilshere out of the team? Surely he's worth a shot now at this stage.

prob injure him in training :pac::pac:

Very poor from Kos there. Easy chance.

• Advertisement

2-1 Ramsey. Nice one.

Lovely goal :D:D
    Quick ball the secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Great response

Good 2nd half so far. Could do with a few more goals to boost the + difference on the table and need to boost morale by putting these to the sword.

One thing I liked about Ramsey's goal is that he took it nicely with his wrong foot.

Sanchez there with the outside of his right foot does my head in. You're a professional footballer, if you're that much worse with one foot than another, then practice!

Really hope Kolasinac isn't injured.

Is this going to end 2 all?
    We are letting them back into it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah 4th. We're home :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mot a great performance but I'll take the win against a team we often struggle against.

Main worry is the injury to Kolasinac

Looked stronger in the 2nd half. Happy with the 3pts

• Advertisement

We're not putting games to bed when we're well on top.
    Job done though even if we looked edgy enough near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah a win is a win, so I’ll take it. Obviously there is a lot of improvement to make. Big game now next week away to Man City, will be a massive test to get anything from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

This place goes eerily quite when we win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

This place goes eerily quite when we win...

Speaking for myself, a win just doesnt feel the same anymore. The joy has been sucked out of following Arsenal and its just not fun anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Speaking for myself, a win just doesnt feel the same anymore. The joy has been sucked out of following Arsenal and its just not fun anymore.

Indeed, I feel like "what's the point?" This victory is just holding off another inevitable ludicrous defeat to a team we should be annihilating. The season isn't half way done yet and we're in a dogfight for fourth at best.

I know other teams supporters would love to have the problems that Arsenal have, but I can't help but feel that we should be competing in the league, we should be winning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Still a good win.

Hopefully Sanchez starts scoring again, seems to be trying too hard at the moment.

• Advertisement

Still a good win.

Hopefully Sanchez starts scoring again, seems to be trying too hard at the moment.

Yeah...pretty sure our 3 highest scorers this season so far are Lacazette, Welbeck and Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The next two league games though will tell a lot. Man City away and then Spurs at home. Wins in them and it becomes fun again.

The next two league games though will tell a lot. Man City away and then Spurs at home. Wins in them and it becomes fun again.

I really hope i'm wrong but I just can't see us winning either. We are far too stop / start, like yesterday we had loads of possession in the first half but were content to play sideways or even backwards when in good positions. We have lost the speed in attack. It was a bit better in the second half alright as we became more anxious to score.
    I think City will win the title with Spurs second.

I can't see anything other than a 3 or 4 goal win by city next. We're a mediocre team at the moment. City will win handy.

I think City will win the title with Spurs second.
    Agree with all your post, except the bit above. Yes City should win it outright, but I can see Spurs having a problem, especially so if Harry Kane is sold on to Real Madrid, which is probable! Spurs have only played 2 teams from the top 6 so far, and lost 1-0 to one of them last Saturday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement