Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

emmetlego wrote: »
    I do hope we go on a good run in the league as we have done in the previous years, maybe the 2 new lads will be the impetus behind it? I guess we just don’t know. If we do go in a good run (and let’s face it, Pool and Spurs are just as likely to lose a heap of games) we could quite easily get 4th. Sad demise of the club and the man. Sooner he’s gone the better.

"Wenger spoke to the Mirror after his side's unlikely surge to 4th place and said he was relishing leading his team back into the Champions League".

I think thats the headline none of us want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Like why would Ozil waste his last few years with us? Shows a complete lack of ambition.

I have a feeling that promises of signing Aubameyang & also that Wenger will go in the summer could have something to do with it.

I have a feeling that promises of signing Aubameyang & also that Wenger will go in the summer could have something to do with it.

I always viewed Ozil as a massive Wenger supporter. Would be surprised if he would want him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fantastic signing there for ye and if it convinces Ozil to stay on it will give ye a base to use going forward.. can’t wait to actually see him play in the league..

Basil3 wrote: »
    I always viewed Ozil as a massive Wenger supporter. Would be surprised if he would want him out.

Yeah i'd agree but so were Fabregas, Van Persie et al, i think if he didn't believe change was around the corner he'd be off too.

Convinced Wenger will go in the summer, especially after how this transfer window has panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Lots of rumor on the twitter machine (not from reliable usuals) that Arsenal are using the Aubamayang transfer to sneak in a centr half too.

He’s also just been announced by the club just now too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Confirmed by Arsenal

Arsenal FC
    (@Arsenal)
    He’s ours ✅ #YoPierre

http://arsn.al/IxDJf2

Right, is there still time to tell Chelsea to go **** themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

5star02707 wrote: »
    Confirmed by Arsenal

Arsenal FC
    (@Arsenal)
    He’s ours ✅ #YoPierre

which i presume means the Giroud deal is likely complete as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Confirmed by Arsenal

Arsenal FC
    (@Arsenal)
    He’s ours ✅ #YoPierre

Excellent.

Can he play in goal?

which i presume means the Giroud deal is likely complete as well....

We should pull the plug on that right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Soups123 wrote: »
    Sanchez, Walcott and Coq out with Miki and Auba in was a great window, adding Giroud to Chelsea is a poor decision.

Giroud offers us something different and letting him leave is disappointing enough but to Chelsea is dreadful business.

Some positive signs this window tainted with the usual frustrations. If change is happening surely now the club and the man himself must see who needs to go, signings are pointless with Wenger in charge

Yes indeed. He truly hopeless and truly a narcissist. He can sign who ever wants to play at Arsenal, it will make no difference. Any talent will be diluted by the ineptitude and malaise of the management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That was exactly my thought.

• Advertisement

Plenty of time to bring Evans in.

So looks like we might be after a CB, and then it looks like Alex Song is a free agent, so he might be coming back to bolster the midfield :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Can the dog be manager? He might sort out defence out :pac:

• Advertisement

pudzey101 wrote: »

Wouldn't say no. He would be a very good option

Ok I'm confused.....it happens easily.

So the Deal for Auba supposedly hinged on Batshuayi to Dortmund and Giroud to chelsea. Yet, Dortmund appear to have announced on the back of themselves agreeing a deal for Batshuayi PRIOR to any announcement on Giroud.

Does this mean that if the Giroud deal doesn't go through the whole lot could still collapse, or is this a done, done deal......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Ok I'm confused.....it happens easily.

So the Deal for Auba supposedly hinged on Batshuayi to Dortmund and Giroud to chelsea. Yet, Dortmund appear to have announced on the back of themselves agreeing a deal for Batshuayi PRIOR to any announcement on Giroud.

Does this mean that if the Giroud deal doesn't go through the whole lot could still collapse, or is this a done, done deal......

Done Deal, basically us signing Aubameyang was done a week ago. We can't just announce it until Dortmund signs a replacement. Batshuayi is already having his medical in Dortmund when they posted their farewell to Auba

They done it to us with Djemba Ba a few years back. Payback time.

Seriously though I'd offer them Welbeck over Giroud. I like Welbz but there is more goals in Ollie. It will sicken me to see him at a rival. And I think Chelsea will suit Giroud too

Done Deal, basically us signing Aubameyang was done a week ago. We can't just announce it until Dortmund signs a replacement. Batshuayi is already having his medical in Dortmund when they posted their farewell to Auba

Photos just starting to circulate of Giroud arriving at Chelsea's training ground :(

They done it to us with Djemba Ba a few years back. Payback time.

That would be sweet as......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Get a decent established CB and this will have been a very positive window. Pity we’re sh1te mind you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rodders999

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Excellent.

Can he play in goal?

Even if he can't he'd be better than the dud in the scum cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

starting 11

newbie2 wrote: »
    starting 11

Get Elneny or Wilshere in there instead of Xhaka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Get Elneny or Wilshere in there instead of Xhaka.

Possibly elneny, but wilshire pushes up too much, we need a makelele type midfielder in there, becasue our defence is sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That team won't work, far too lightweight in midfield. Probably stick with a 4 and chuck Elneny in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wawaman wrote: »
    I think Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini would look crap in this team. No structure whatsoever and no protection from midfield.

The defence can only do so much.

If Leroy Fer is being routinely allowed to be in acres of space to run at your back 4, even Leroy Fer is going to cause you problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

newbie2 wrote: »
    starting 11

You can get rid of that clown in goals first off. As point out tho, it's very light in midfield.

Shocked to hear Alex Song is only 30 :eek:

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/958674358091894784

Ornacle has spoken. Ozil contract confirmed!!

We're not getting aubamayang.

We're never gonna offer what the club want, IF we do the lads a mercenary, he was fishing for a move to china or one of the Arab emirates last year, that makes him worse than a van Persie, worse than a nasri and even worse than Adebayor.

He's money mad, what's he gonna be paid at Arsenal...half what united/city/psg will pay is what. An absolute mercenary if ever I saw one of the same ilk as Pogba. Just using the media circus to his advantage. He an just ride out his contract like Sanchez and go for free to one of those clubs for double wages. It's not happening. He's not moving for football reasons.

He's never joining.

Quote me on this 1st of Feb.

Am I allowed to quote you a day early?

Ozil signed 3.5 year deal last weekend too! Not a bad day after last night’s shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Ozil signed 3.5 year deal last weekend too! Not a bad day after last night’s shambles

We've got Ozil, Mesut Ozil !!!!!

Interesting its only announced after Auba was confirmed...I wonder was there a dependency of us making a marque signing

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/958674358091894784

Ornacle has spoken. Ozil contract confirmed!!

Best news of the transfer window :eek:

Jesus christ!

Its all happening toda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

If Arsenal do indeed sign a good CB it has been a brilliant window.

Sign a decent center half and I will have a small sex pee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ozil staying, as an outsider, was always far more important than convincing Sanchez.

• emmetlego wrote: »

Me right now

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Interesting its only announced after Auba was confirmed...I wonder was there a dependency of us making a marque signing

Only signed this morning despite being agreed last weekend, so possibly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Amazing all this positivity then I remember last night.

Jesus arsenal, never a dull moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Amazing all this positivity then I remember last night.

Jesus arsenal, never a dull moment.

Everything is now awesome.

If Arsenal do indeed sign a good CB it has been a brilliant window.

Jonny Evans is in for some shock when he is encouraged to maraude well beyond his own half way line. He'll be made to look a mug like the rest

Nothing changes until clueless Wenger is gone tbh. We've shipped more goals than the team currently at the bottom of the league.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Everything is now awesome.

All we need is to sign 11 new fellas to do our away games for us, then we're set!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement