Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Will be funny to see all the people who said Ozil was shít for years, who then changed their tune to he's the best no. 10 in the world when it looked like he was leaving and it fit their "arsenal are fúcked" narrative, go back to saying Ozil is shít again.

That said, he was largely shít until the contract negotitations rolled around. It kind of reminds me of when Walcott was given his last bumper contract. Here's the money Theo but you'd better fúcking deliver... he did not.

Will be funny to see all the people who said Ozil was shít for years, who then changed their tune to he's the best no. 10 in the world when it looked like he was leaving and it fit their "arsenal are fúcked" narrative, go back to saying Ozil is shít again.

That said, he was largely shít until the contract negotitations rolled around. It kind of reminds me of when Walcott was given his last bumper contract. Here's the money Theo but you'd better fúcking deliver... he did not.

When Ozil is on top form he is delightful. 350k though....it's a gamble. He's different mustard than Walcott though. Far more technical

Has Jack Wilshere signed his deal yet? The man should start every game. Matter of fact he should be club captain. The only man that even remotely resembles a leader at the club at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Ozil, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan + 1 more Centre Back and it's a wonderful transfer window.

Now if we can somehow buy a new manager before the window shuts it'll be the best:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Has Jack Wilshere signed his deal yet? The man should start every game. Matter of fact he should be club captain. The only man that even remotely resembles a leader at the club at the moment

That would be a great way to ensure his injury form continues.

Arsenal captaincy = guaranteed injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's been a rollercoaster few years, but I don't remember going from such furious anger to such excitement in, what, 15 hours? before.

Although, I am still very angry.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's been a rollercoaster few years, but I don't remember going from such furious anger to such excitement in, what, 15 hours? before.

Although, I am still very angry.

Same boat as you. Last night's result left a bitter taste but props to Arsenal as we badly need a change and they're giving us just that

Amazing all this positivity then I remember last night.

Jesus arsenal, never a dull moment.

If I thought a new manager was coming in I'd be cock a hoop. I'm generally meh about it tbh. Aubameyang like Lacazette will end up a shell of a player by the time Wenger is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The Twitter reaction to Ornstein breaking the Ozil story is up to its usual standard. Some genius replies.

Pter wrote: »
    That would be a great way to ensure his injury form continues.

Arsenal captaincy = guaranteed injuries.

:D

True that.

He looks stronger and has alot of maturity in his game now though.

If I thought a new manager was coming in I'd be cock a hoop. I'm generally meh about it tbh. Aubameyang like Lacazette will end up a shell of a player by the time Wenger is finished

Mislentat, ozil, auba all being at the club has me leaning towards a new manager being lined up; Tuchel in my mind.

A lot of background changes being made in the club so not unreasonable to think they have something lined up for the manager role.

• Advertisement

He looks stronger and has alot of maturity in his game now though.

Dem ankles tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Pleased about the Ozil news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I see Alex Song is back training with us. How long before the rumours start of re signing him.

I see Alex Song is back training with us. How long before the rumours start of re signing him.

About 90 mins ago.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/958684589509283840

Give him the captaincy. Least he deserves for staying in this mad house.

Last night, I swear I was thinking I don't want anything to do with these pr*cks anymore.

By now, I cannot WAIT for our next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

yabadabado wrote: »
    Just checking up on Ozil. Look after him until July.

NZBj1Zs.gif

All the lads that thanked that :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The Ozil news is the bit thta has cheered me up.
    All we need now is a real GK, a decent CH & a DM & we 'might' be good enough to get a point away to Swansea.

Get a decent manager & we may even win away to Swansea.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

yabadabado wrote: »
    Just checking up on Ozil. Look after him until July.

NZBj1Zs.gif

I was looking for that message to quote it when I saw you posted it! Luv it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

NZBj1Zs.gif

Maybe he meant July 2021 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I think one of ye touched on a smokescreen to being in another player, apparently there is rumours coming from Bild that it’s Max Meyer from Shalke not a CB..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Woooooo we've signed Ozil
    serious.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

astradave wrote: »
    I think one of ye touched on a smokescreen to being in another player, apparently there is rumours coming from Bild that it’s Max Myers from Shalke not a CB..

I think I'd prefer a CB to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

j14 wrote: »
    I think re-signing Ozil is the best signing we could make this transfer window.

I'm so happy, I'm quoting myself!

j14 wrote: »
    astradave wrote: »
    I think one of ye touched on a smokescreen to being in another player, apparently there is rumours coming from Bild that it’s Max Myers from Shalke not a CB..

I think I'd prefer a CB to be honest.
    That was me. Never heard of him but his name strikes fear immediately. Also, google says he can play both center half and CDM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

This will all mean nothing if we sell Giroud to Chelsea IMO.

Or to anybody really

newbie2 wrote: »
    This will all mean nothing if we sell Giroud to Chelsea IMO.

Or to anybody really
    Don’t know if that’s entirely true. He wasn’t starting for us, had minimal impact when he did come on... I’m very happy so far, but I’d be delirious if we sign a cdm or center half, and twitter is alive with rumor at the moment.

In other news, Debuchy is outta there, and Nasri's only 30 too!

:pac: Nasri could face a 4 year ban if found guilty :pac:

https://talksport.com/football/former-arsenal-midfielder-samir-nasri-terminates-contract-antalyaspor-180131270736

Nope wouldn't take him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A good day for the Arsenal parish so. Not a bad week off the field for you at all I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Today has made me realise I prefer transfers to actual football these days.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetlego wrote: »
    That was me. Never heard of him but his name strikes fear immediately. Also, google says he can play both center half and CDM.

Google told me he's an attacking midfielder :-/

He was, but converted to cdm

Dem ankles tho

While he has been wrapped in cotton wool to a certain degree he also appears to be tougher. I think he decided to himself that there is no point giving out to refs and that it's better to get his own in and stand up for himself. As a result, the opposing players are treating him with more respect.

Incidentally here is McNair's tackle from a few years back (feels like yesterday) which more or less ended Jack's season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I like Wilshere and he has been impressive (I hope get signs a new contract) but I dont think he has been back in the first team long enough to have proved anything so far.

Oh and....Manolas...wasnt he heavily linked with us about 5 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Oh and....Manolas...wasnt he heavily linked with us about 5 years ago?

I think we signed Mustafi after we failed to land Manolas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Would David Luiz really be helping the defence all that much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

David Luiz the answer to our comical defending?

Jeeeeeesus.

Jeeeeeesus.

Could he play CDM???

Manolas is a guy we've chased for the last 2 years in all 4 of the windows. Seen him play for Roma one night against Juve and he did very well for the most part against a superior team, but he made one mistake and they scored form it. A perfect fit for us so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Luiz is perfect in the 3 man backline as the centre back and has been pretty flawless since the switch to that formation. I just cant see Chelsea selling him in this window.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Luiz is perfect in the 3 man backline as the centre back and has been pretty flawless since the switch to that formation. I just cant see Chelsea selling him in this window.

Ornstein just tweeted that OG is now a Chelsea player for 18m and Luiz is staying put!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seeing Ollie go to Chelsea is way worse than Sanchez at United for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep they don't deserve him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

emmetlego wrote: »
    Ornstein just tweeted that OG is now a Chelsea player for 18m and Luiz is staying put!

15.3m and 2.2m in add ons.....apparently.

Its a decent price in this market, even if he is what, 31?

Dread to imagine him and Hazard getting a good thing going.

Jeeeeeesus.

Send in the clowns should be the new club anthem (although he looks like Sideshow Bob) :D

In fairness though he wouldnt be a bad defensive midfield option but he's a fairly terrible centre back

Wenger hasnt a clue about coaching centre halves anyway.

Sold Gabriel and tried to offload Mustafi a couple of months ago. We've had some turnaround of centre backs since Sol left in 2006.
    We havent had a competent centre back pairing since Sol and Toure and alot of that is because they werent galavanting up the pitch like two children and had Gilberto and Vieira in front of them

Senderos 04-08
    Toure 03 (as CB) - 09
    Gallas 06-10
    Vermaelen 09-14
    Sol (return for 6 month spell) 2010
    Koscielny 2010-present
    Squillachi 2010-13
    Mertesacker 2011-present
    Chambers 2015-present (spell on loan)
    Holding 2016-present
    Gabriel 2015-17
    Mustafi 2016-present

Apologies if i have forgotten anyone but they surely cant all be this bad?
    No real long term stability in that position and comical tactics. No point having a defensive midfielder if we are so deep in the opposing half that we require a divers bell. Good teams seem to find a long term pairing that works.

Cygan was with the club until 06 as well :D

Cygan was with the club until 06 as well :D

Id suppressed that memory to the pits of my mind thank you :D
    Hey in fairness though he was like Franco Baresi compared to Squillachi

The first earliest signs of Wenger losing the plot was when Adams left and he signed Cygan to replace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Djourou :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement