Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

newbie2 wrote: »
    Djourou :rolleyes:

How did i forget Djourou of course? In fairness i thought he had the makings of a decent centre back and had some great games in the Arsenal shirt. Absolutely dogged with injury though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sad to see Giroud go. He was a good servant and he was hard done by this year for playing time. Turns out we all loved him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think it's the defensive midfield cover more than the defenders themselves. Look what we did with Senderos in 2006, didn't concede a goal in the CL knockouts until the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Overall a good window I think, better squad than when we started anyway

I think it's the defensive midfield cover more than the defenders themselves. Look what we did with Senderos in 2006, didn't concede a goal in the CL knockouts until the final.

They defended far deeper than we are currently defending. Actually when we drop back that bit deep we look decent enough as a defensive unit. Being caught so high up the pitch is where we are getting skinned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seeing Ollie go to Chelsea is way worse than Sanchez at United for me :(

By miles it is.

However, although it hurts, I'm happy for Giroud that he's gone to a top 6 club, not some nonsense like West Ham or Everton.

Hope he wins the FA cup now.

Dread to imagine him and Hazard getting a good thing going.

And Cesc. They'll be very dangerous.

Glad we don't have to play them again this season.

• Apparently Ozil hasn't actually signed the contract yet....

giphy.gif

liam7831 wrote: »
    Overall a good window I think, better squad than when we started anyway

We have no variation at all up front now though. Welbeck dont really score enough, Lacazette has hit a slump and his hold up play can be quite poor in general and Aubameyang is a very similar type of player.

We're too slow at getting the ball into the box anyway so im not quite sure if we are going to end up frustrating the hell out of both Laca and Aubam. We need a manager who can get the best out of that forward unit and plan to get the ball into space to those men as opposed to an 80/20 chance of winning it while being grossly outnumbered by the opposition defence

Madness to sell Giroud. It should have been Welbeck really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seeing Ollie go to Chelsea is way worse than Sanchez at United for me :(

Agreed! Rather him go outside England! 1 1/2 year contract to Chelsea only hope he moves elsewhere.

• Advertisement

So, in all the excitement, it's worth pointing out we have a net spend of about 8 million quid.

A great window in some ways, but isn't there still a mountain of cash somewhere?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Apparently Ozil hasn't actually signed the contract yet....

giphy.gif

Where you getting that from? He signed it this morning ;)

giphy.gif

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    So, in all the excitement, it's worth pointing out we have a net spend of about 8 million quid.

A great window in some ways, but isn't there still a mountain of cash somewhere?

Net Spend FC. Ozil will get a good chunk of cash to stay on. He is getting almost a three fold pay increase

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Apparently Ozil hasn't actually signed the contract yet....

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/status/958753705775583233

As expected, club confirms #14 shirt for Aubameyang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Reports of a failed late bid for Jonny Evans, wouldn't match Brom's asking price

https://twitter.com/AAllenSport/status/958760152198467584

Sooooooo Rambo is our highest goal scorer by some distance now. Kos is right up there!

Giroud is coming across very well in his interview. Really wish him the best of luck at Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Net Spend FC. Ozil will get a good chunk of cash to stay on. He is getting almost a three fold pay increase

That is great money. The bonus is, there is no pressure, as we not expected to win anything. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm guessing the late bid for a centre back was a load of bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm guessing the late bid for a centre back was a load of bollocks

bid was made for Evans but unsuccessful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Jeff is gone to Angers on loan in Ligue 1

Sky trying to talk up Jonny Evans not being in the WBA match day squad, when it was clear he got injured in their last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really sad to see Olly go. Loyal servant and model professional. Under appreciated too. We never really played to his strengths. Feel he will be a great signing for Chelsea who will use him much more effectively I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

greendom wrote: »
    Really sad to see Olly go. Loyal servant and model professional. Under appreciated too. We never really played to his strengths. Feel he will be a great signing for Chelsea who will use him much more effectively I feel.

His Sky Sports interview just now looked like one of those forced hostage statement videos.

• Where you getting that from? He signed it this morning ;)

giphy.gif
    Basil3 wrote: »

giphy.gif

and Chuba going to St. Truiden in Belgian Pro Ligue

andddd....Debuchy gone to St Etienne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

andddd....Debuchy gone to St Etienne

Say it isn't so.

• Advertisement

Bielek off to Walsall too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »

Very happy with what we brought in but really pissed we sold him and even more so to a rival.

The two lads we signed are excellent but you have to wonder why we had to sell to buy this window we are ****in loaded.

You had to hope this is the start of a rebuild and there will be more in the summer of the same quality

Time will tell if we're finally going to try compete or if we just balanced the books here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Still don’t know how we haven’t addressed the real problem......

My dream for the summer would be Simeone to take over and bring Oblak with him from Athletico

I'd love to see Simeone take over but I can't shake the feeling that when Wenger moves on we're going to end up with some Mickey mouse manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Theo off the mark for Everton. I think debuchy was promising untill he got injured. Wonder if there's any surprises left in the transfer market.

On a complete sidenote, great to see Seamus Coleman playing again

I don't think so , maybe with Misilentat now with the Dortmund link we might see Tuchel come in but who knows

Anyway Podcast returns tommorow night anyone got any questions for it , Will have loads to talk about Arsenal related , Auba , Miki, ****ing swansea , The manager

https://twitter.com/AAllenSport/status/958760152198467584

Sooooooo Rambo is our highest goal scorer by some distance now. Kos is right up there!

Bearing in mind that Cazorla ain't gonna be playing, Koscielny is basically third. Those 2 new signings need to light the place up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Whilst the Manolas deal seems to have been a red herring there's an E550 exec private jet heading towards London from Turin. Took off about and hour ago and it's heading towards London

Brace for Walcott already.

• Advertisement

Shock Arsenal player does better under different manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not quite sure what to make of this Spurs - United game. Can't they both lose?

Wow, it's magic. :rolleyes:

Aye. Assist in his first game for them, 2 goals in this one. I've got a feeling this transfer window is going to be historic for the wrong reasons.

Kudos for the lad

Aye. Assist in his first game for them, 2 goals in this one. I've got a feeling this transfer window is going to be historic for the wrong reasons.

He would have scored those goals for us. One completely unmarked in front of goal, the other an opportunistic header that came straight to his feet. Don't think the change of manager made the difference.

That said, we should have played Walcott ahead of Welbeck.

He would have scored those goals for us. One completely unmarked in front of goal, the other an opportunistic header that came straight to his feet. Don't think the change of manager made the difference.

That said, we should have played Walcott ahead of Welbeck.

No he wouldn't because he wouldn't be on the pitch.

Who scores more for the rest of the season? Aubameyang/Mkhitaryan or Walcott/Sanchez/Giroud? :P

No he wouldn't because he wouldn't be on the pitch.

Who scores more for the rest of the season? Aubameyang/Mkhitaryan or Walcott/Sanchez/Giroud? :P

Not a fair comparison.

On a similar note it's wonderful seeing Sanchez give the ball away and pass the ball sideways for United :)

Whilst the Manolas deal seems to have been a red herring there's an E550 exec private jet heading towards London from Turin. Took off about and hour ago and it's heading towards London

Lads that private jet is just about to touch down at Luton and correction it took off from Rome not Turin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement