Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rodders999

Anyone know what Kolasinac did that has seen him banished to the wilderness? Stated the season very well but has fallen behind Monreal and even Maitland Niles in the pecking order now it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

rodders999 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Kolasinac did that has seen him banished to the wilderness? Stated the season very well but has fallen behind Monreal and even Maitland Niles in the pecking order now it seems.

It's a mystery. He was brilliant when he played. Just another player Wenger hates I guess.

Then you have the likes of Iwobi, Cech and Xhaka who are un-droppable no matter how poorly they play. He does have his favourites.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

I wonder was Kolasinac signed against Wengers wishes...like this window has been unlike any other.
    The start of his grip being loosened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

rodders999 wrote: »
    Then you have the likes of Iwobi, Cech and Xhaka who are un-droppable no matter how poorly they play. He does have his favourites.....

Cech and Bellerin have played every minute of every game, Xhaka is just behind them.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/mins_played?se=79

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Cech and Bellerin have played every minute of every game, Xhaka is just behind them.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/mins_played?se=79

Arguably our three worst performers of the season starting week in week out and making the same mistakes week in week out.

I'm no fan of Ospina but he should start tomorrow in my book as Cech is an absolute liability in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've got tickets for the match tomorrow, and after the recent shítshow was looking forward to seeing Aubameyang's debut. Kinda pissed he's unlikely to play now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

rodders999 wrote:
    I'm no fan of Ospina but he should start tomorrow in my book as Cech is an absolute liability in goal.

rodders999 wrote:
    Arguably our three worst performers of the season starting week in week out and making the same mistakes week in week out.

Ya Cech is pure muck at this stage,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ya Cech is pure muck at this stage,

So are Xhaka and Mustafi. I really thought Xhaka would come good this season but he needs to be sold, an absolute liabilty. Mustafi makes some shocking mistakes too, just not good enough. Two players who constantly switch off.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    So are Xhaka and Mustafi. I really thought Xhaka would come good this season but he needs to be sold, an absolute liabilty. Mustafi makes some shocking mistakes too, just not good enough. Two players who constantly switch off.

The window where we spunked £90m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez must surely go down as the worst ever.....by any club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mustafi can play well, but will also make stupid mistakes. Xhaka is just pure shít, I don't think I've ever watched a match and thought he'd had a good game afterwards. At best he does ok, and quite often a lot worse than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'll be shocked if Kolasinac doesn't start after Monreal's howlers the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Xhaka and Ramsey does not work together at all, when El Neny was substituted no one protected the back 4.

Also I don;t like to see Iwobi in the starting 11 now that Mkhitaryan is available

If Opina is the answer then the wrong question is being asked.

It's amazing how up **** creek we still are for a GK and even a CB at that.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Xhaka and Ramsey does not work together at all, when El Neny was substituted no one protected the back 4.

Also I don;t like to see Iwobi in the starting 11 now that Mkhitaryan is available

Elneny was replaced because we were chasing the game. Protecting the back 4 wasn't a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Basil3 wrote: »
    Elneny was replaced because we were chasing the game. Protecting the back 4 wasn't a concern.

I understand and he's on a yellow which is a caution as well

It's good to see Aubameyang training with the first team today
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/pictures-first-team-train-ahead-everton-match

Pretty sure Mertesacker wouldn't be able to catch Aubameyang on that pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I’m so buzzing about seeing Miki and Auba link up. Both were amazing at Dortmund, I think Mourinho just zapped Miki’s confidence. Hopefully he gets it back with us. If Iwobi starts instead of Miki I swear to Jaysus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I’m so buzzing about seeing Miki and Auba link up. Both were amazing at Dortmund, I think Mourinho just zapped Miki’s confidence. Hopefully he gets it back with us. If Iwobi starts instead of Miki I swear to Jaysus...

Though Wenger already said he was starting? And Auba has a fever so probably won't play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Though Wenger already said he was starting? And Auba has a fever so probably won't play

Aubameyang trained today, as did Jack so the fever is over. I'd say he'll probably start Lacca and bring Auba on... Isn't that what he always does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Lets hope Auba makes that same impact on his debut that Batshuayi did on his Dortmund debut tonight. 2 goals and an assist

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Lets hope Auba makes that same impact on his debut that Batshuayi did on his Dortmund debut tonight. 2 goals and an assist

He'll have to start first!

He'll have to start first!

I'm fine if he comes on for the last 20 and bangs in a hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

having that sneaky feeling walcott will play a blinder and turn into messi ... yet couldn't stay onside or cross with us :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

My line up for today

Cech
    Bellerin Mustafi Kos Kolasinac

Elneny Wilshere

Mkhitaryan Ozil Aubameyang

Lacazette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    My line up for today

Cech
    Bellerin Mustafi Kos Kolasinac

Elneny Wilshere

Mkhitaryan Ozil Aubameyang

Lacazette

Where are we going to get goals from if Monreal doesn't start?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Quazzie wrote: »
    Where are we going to get goals from if Monreal doesn't start?

:D

:) fair point, but personally i prefer Kolasinac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wonga77 wrote: »
    With they way things are going at our club he'll probably score an og and then be carried off injured ha ha.
    We really need him to hit the ground running and steal the show. I'll go for a hat-trick.

Great to watch a little team like Burnley defend as if their lives depended on it and getting stuck into the big boys. Every player earning his wages and giving his all. No big names and no primadonnas among them. Dyche has them all doing their jobs to the best of their ability.

Sanchez really having a torrid time at united. Nobody passing to him, and when they do he kicks it out or loses the ball.

Just then, he lost the ball and it resulted in a fast break where Huddersfield could have scored. United eventually break back, until Sanchez gets the ball and he's bossed off the ball.

• Advertisement

Sanchez really having a torrid time at united. Nobody passing to him, and when they do he kicks it out or loses the ball.

Just then, he lost the ball and it resulted in a fast break where Huddersfield could have scored. United eventually break back, until Sanchez gets the ball and he's bossed off the ball.

haha and hes on a yellow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

United fans on the thread saying he had a great first half??????

I didn't watch the whole half, must have missed the good stuff he did.

Shur you'd still get lads on here from time to time saying that they still trust in Wenger. It's how you want to see things, not how they actually are.
    I hope he goes to shyte now because he's gone but he did score 80 goals for us in 3 years. That was something.

apparently chasing the ball down when he loses it and turning players is a good 45 , it would wanna be for 600k a week :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Any sign of a starting 11 and whether the two new lads start

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Any sign of a starting 11 and whether the two new lads start

They showed footage of the team walking in from the bus, and Auba was with everyone, looking fine. We will know for sure in 10 mins.

hopefully he announces LMAO

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/959826438433230848

Auba and Mkhitaryan start. Laca to the bench. Rambo/Xhaka midfield. Should be interesting.

fcukkkkkkkkkin iwobi

What's wrong with Jack?

• Advertisement

Iwobi over Laca ffs

He needs to give Laca the support and confidence instead he keeps draining him of confidence

What's wrong with Jack?

I'd say it's just Wenger backing Ramsey he's an absolute hard on for him

It’s the formation that’s interesting. Where he has Iwobi it should be Jack!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soups123 wrote: »
    Iwobi over Laca ffs

He needs to give Laca the support and confidence instead he keeps draining him of confidence

Does he play that position though?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does he play that position though?

No idea where he'll have Iwobi but Lacca's link up play is great he should be one of the front 3

Iwobi shouldn't be in that front three or in the middle behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Iwobi another of wenger's untouchables

To be fair, I think Iwobi has played quite well lately. Better than he was, anyway.

To be fair, I think Iwobi has played quite well lately. Better than he was, anyway.
    That wouldn’t be difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The curse of the arsenal boards thread I see again.

Forget about Sanchez, he’s gone.

omega man wrote: »
    The curse of the arsenal boards thread I see again.

Forget about Sanchez, he’s gone.

Not really. Their first goal he lost the ball, and luckily for him is bobbled to another United player and resulted in a goal. Second goal he had his peno saved, but luckily got the rebound.

Don't really care either way about how United do, but will maintain a passing interest in how Sanchez does.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement