Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If you were to pick Arsenal's best side and formation/tactics what would it be and how do you think that differs from how Wenger will probably set things out.

Off topic: from the show I listened to you talk about more than Arsenal so wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on Villa? hasn't been the best past few years for Villa fans, always made Arsenal's problems kind of enviable ones from our perspective :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greendom wrote: »

Still trying to decide if that article has a point, or if it's waffle for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

haha nice little dig at spurs and the rest of the divers from venga :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42986662

pudzey101 wrote: »

It's a shame Jack kicked out a leg as he went down recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nothing but a win at Wembley on Saturday will suffice. A draw won't close the gap so team selection is of the utmost importance. A big performance from our DM is needed. It will probably be Xhaka so he will need to perform his defensive role first and foremost. A lot depends on him doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Win this on Saturday & I can see us making the CL for next season. Anything less than that though & we're looking at the EL as the most likely route back into Europe.
    Didnt see us beating them earlier in the season & that worked out okay, fingers crossed we can repeat that. The one worry I have is that we've followed up every decent win this year with a flop, so after hammering Everton I'm not confident this will end well.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Coquelin playing some lovely stuff for Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Coquelin playing some lovely stuff for Valencia.

He always gave everything for us, and although he was limited going forward, he was still the closest thing we had to a DM. I think it was a bad idea to get rid of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://soundcloud.com/brian-oregan-932825069/bp-zone-episode-15

Here ya go guys a little later than usual :) enjoy and let me know your thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭golfball37

There’s no mention of spurs from Wenger in that article?

golfball37 wrote: »
    There’s no mention of spurs from Wenger in that article?

Spurs fan you are ?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/08/wenger-tottenham-diving-twittter/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nothing but a win at Wembley on Saturday will suffice. A draw won't close the gap so team selection is of the utmost importance. A big performance from our DM is needed. It will probably be Xhaka so he will need to perform his defensive role first and foremost. A lot depends on him doing that.
    I'd take a draw so the gap doesn't grow any further. I think there is still time to close that gap. A win would be massive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Defensively, a win is beyond us I think. Get out of there with a point and focus on closing the gap in subsequent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

May it's just me, But I'm very positive about a win tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭golfball37

Again that’s just an opinion piece. Still no evidence Wenger mentioned Spurs anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

golfball37 wrote: »

Again that’s just an opinion piece. Still no evidence Wenger mentioned Spurs anywhere?
    Sorry for butting in here, but it’s obvious who he’s talking about, Spurs are the dive-iest team about at the moment and all the media are talking about them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

May it's just me, But I'm very positive about a win tomorrow :D

Well, the way I see it, despite what you'd be led to believe this Spurs team really aren't all that incredible.

Like, they're 4 points ahead of us in a season where we are widely believed to be in crisis after crisis.

Everyone got all excited about them cos they beat Madrid, ignoring the fact that in their previous match, that terribly underperforming Madrid team lost to Girona.

They just won a cup replay against Newport (a f*ckin replay against NEWPORT!)

Now, I know we have f*ck ups in us at the best of times, but we have every chance of putting them back in their box as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

emmetlego wrote:
    Sorry for butting in here, but it’s obvious who he’s talking about, Spurs are the dive-iest team about at the moment and all the media are talking about them!

It's ironic when wenger himself brough in players like ljundburg and pires who played a huge part in bringing diving to the league

Mr.H wrote: »
    It's ironic when wenger himself brough in players like ljundburg and pires who played a huge part in bringing diving to the league

Wow. I never realised they invented diving. Amazing bit of trivia there. Any more tidbits of wisdom you'd like to share with us before you leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Quazzie wrote: »
    Wow. I never realised they invented diving. Amazing bit of trivia there. Any more tidbits of wisdom you'd like to share with us before you leave?

Yeah who knew anything about diving before those guys

article-2279233-0000FFC500000258-379_468x373.jpg

I see Morata is nowhere near a return for Chelsea. Seriously hoping Agent Giroud goes into donkey mode for the rest of the season.

haha the 2 new boys know the story :D

DViN93UW4AILNxl.jpg

DViN93XXkAE9NEA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Up and early you guys excited? Wooo COYG!

Any guesses for the lineup today?

3 at the back or 4?

Can an in form Ramsey and previously in form Jack find a spot in the starting lineup?

I think we will pretty much go the same lineup as Everton. Am not too bothered about Lacazette just getting a run off the bench, he's our only real striker for Europa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Oddly enough, I’m looking forward to this. That’s a recipe for disaster so!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just had a good listen to your cast there Brian cheers for giving time to answer not just my Arsenal question but my Villa one too.

So you lads got a nick name for Auba yet? or is that it, never going to be writing his full name correctly ever time

Rumour that Ramsey is left out, Jack and elneny start

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/962287576324497408

Rumour is correct. Ramsey must be injured. Bring it on.

Looks like a team sent out "not to lose" in my opinion.
    Wenger maybe hoping to snatch a goal and defend with Xhaka, Wilshere and Elneny included.
    Might be a good ploy but time will tell.
    Not many game changers on our bench.
    Hope we get a good positive start at least and no silly defending.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like 4 at the back then. Considering away form this season I'll take anything that isn't a loss at this stage even if it's the most insipid of draws.

Looks like a team sent out "not to lose" in my opinion.
    Wenger maybe hoping to snatch a goal and defend with Xhaka, Wilshere and Elneny included.
    Might be a good ploy but time will tell.
    Not many game changers on our bench.
    Hope we get a good positive start at least and no silly defending.

Given our away record, I think it's the right option. Happy to defend and have Auba score a few on the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think it's good to see us setting up with what looks like a defensive, counter attacking mindset.

Having said that, there's no way I can see us keeping a clean sheet.

NDWC wrote: »
    I think it's good to see us setting up with what looks like a defensive, counter attacking mindset.

Having said that, there's no way I can see us keeping a clean sheet.
    I'd say Wenger had his lineout in his head when he spoke about "diving" the other day. Might have been to influence the referee more than annoying Spurs.
    Hope we don't give away any penalties today after that.

I'd say Wenger had his lineout in his head when he spoke about "diving" the other day. Might have been to influence the referee more than annoying Spurs.
    Hope we don't give away any penalties today after that.

Hope they dont try and buy any penos aswel :) can see us hittin em hard on the counter with auba a few times though :)

God BT are poison to listen to

Have always been anti-Arsenal. Is it being shown on any of the US networks?

Rio Ferdinand is insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yup NBC sports...slightly more bearable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Are any of our games on sky sports these days? Seems like every single week we're on bt. As somebody who refuses to fork out for bt on top of everything else it's infuriating.

• Advertisement

They even have a former Spurs manager as commentator. It's crazy how biased they are

NDWC wrote: »
    Are any of our games on sky sports these days? Seems like every single week we're on bt. As somebody who refuses to fork out for bt on top of everything else it's infuriating.

rarely , dont think iv ever forked out for a game unless i was actually at one since streams came on the scene :D

Spurs V Arsenal Drinking game

Every time Glenn Hoddle does a positive analysis on Arsenal you down a shot of tequila.

You'll be ok to drive home after the game

Quazzie wrote: »
    Spurs V Arsenal Drinking game

Every time Glenn Hoddle does a positive analysis on Arsenal you down a shot of tequila.

You'll be ok to drive home after the game

Ud need a bottle a tequila downed before the game even starts to listen to that cnut :D:D

Mustafo looking very shakey today.

That was an amazing ball by wilshire Auba was onside aswell

• Advertisement

Very tight offside call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Bellerin playing well

liam7831 wrote: »
    Bellerin playing well

Is he? There's been 4 crosses in from his side in under 20 minutes but no one on the end of them.

liam7831 wrote: »
    Bellerin playing well
    Is he? There's been 4 crosses in from his side in under 20 minutes but no one on the end of them.

defensively he is playing good , he forgot Giroud left for the chelsea still thinks hes in the box i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I know he's fast but you hardly expect him to get on the end of his own crosses :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement