Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

emmetlego wrote: »
    Agree with all your post, except the bit above. Yes City should win it outright, but I can see Spurs having a problem, especially so if Harry Kane is sold on to Real Madrid, which is probable! Spurs have only played 2 teams from the top 6 so far, and lost 1-0 to one of them last Saturday.
    I didn't know he was linked to Madrid. That would be a big loss to Spurs if he went alright.
    Yesterday though they deserved at least a draw. Deli Ali missed a sitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

not sure if this was posted before - its a very touching documentary about wrighty and rocastle. nicely done.

Great memories in that video tinged with a lot of sadness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Troy Deeney starting to feel that karmic retribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Great memories in that video tinged with a lot of sadness.

Dein recounts how he raved about Rocky to his family so much that when his wife bought him a new wallet for his birthday, instead of a family photo on the inside, she had inserted a photo of Rocastle. Hadn’t heard that before but speaks to how much Dein was part of the club.

Dein recounts how he raved about Rocky to his family so much that when his wife bought him a new wallet for his birthday, instead of a family photo on the inside, she had inserted a photo of Rocastle. Hadn’t heard that before but speaks to how much Dein was part of the club.

Dein said something along the lines of, "Ive seen a young boy who plays like a Brazilian". Its shocking to think that we had a man like that at board level that was besotted with football to the extent that he attended reserve and youth matches and yet we somehow froze him out of the club after all he done for us and now we are stuck with a lad who doesnt know a football from a baseball :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Still a good win.

Hopefully Sanchez starts scoring again, seems to be trying too hard at the moment.

Sanchez has no interest in the club at all. I'd rather he was sold to PSG in january to be honest. I just want him out of the club as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Dein said something along the lines of, "Ive seen a young boy who plays like a Brazilian". Its shocking to think that we had a man like that at board level that was besotted with football to the extent that he attended reserve and youth matches and yet we somehow froze him out of the club after all he done for us and now we are stuck with a lad who doesnt know a football from a baseball :mad:

Didn't Dein bring Kroenke into Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

FixitFelix wrote: »

Oops.

FixitFelix wrote: »

Kroenke bought itvs stakeholding. Not sure how much involvement Dein had in the deal. to be fair, no one knew much about Kroenke back then and when billionaires invested in clubs the lazy assumption was that it is to pump money in and win trophies ala Abramovich.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this was mentioned before. Separated at birth, Eddie and Marlo Stanfield from the Wire :)

eddie_nketiah.jpg?itok=PNKXqXpd

350?cb=20070927101650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

As someone who was at the Swansea game, I have to say it was a big disappointment. There is zero atmosphere at the Emirates these days and no sense of excitement any more. Speaking to a number of regulars, they just seem resigned to another season of mediocrity under the current regime and this is clearly having an effect on participation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

SkySter wrote: »
    As someone who was at the Swansea game, I have to say it was a big disappointment. There is zero atmosphere at the Emirates these days and no sense of excitement any more. Speaking to a number of regulars, they just seem resigned to another season of mediocrity under the current regime and this is clearly having an effect on participation.

Right now, winning the league is all anybody cares about and they’re just not in a position to do that this season. If they had real ambitions of winning the league then they’d be sitting on 26 points instead of 19. The frustrating thing is that it was very achievable too. If they beat Watford & Stoke away from home (like they did last season) and gotten a draw from the Pool game that would be 26. Even 25 points, allowing for a loss to the Pool would be a fantastic position to be in. Instead, they’re already 9 points off City and that’s more likely to be 18+ come the end of the season than it is that they’d claw any of that back

L'prof wrote: »
    Right now, winning the league is all anybody cares about and they’re just not in a position to do that this season. If they had real ambitions of winning the league then they’d be sitting on 26 points instead of 19. The frustrating thing is that it was very achievable too. If they beat Watford & Stoke away from home (like they did last season) and gotten a draw from the Pool game that would be 26. Even 25 points, allowing for a loss to the Pool would be a fantastic position to be in. Instead, they’re already 9 points off City and that’s more likely to be 18+ come the end of the season than it is that they’d claw any of that back
    Plus the fact that the main owner has said he only has the ambition to make money and not to win things. That and the easy way the manager deals with lame performances and defeats.

Plus the fact that the main owner has said he only has the ambition to make money and not to win things. That and the easy way the manager deals with lame performances and defeats.

Did he say that in the interview he did last week? I haven't read up on it yet.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did he say that in the interview he did last week? I haven't read up on it yet.
    No not last week.
    Someone posted this up a few weeks ago.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/stan-kroenke-i-didnt-buy-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

Odd way of showing it.
    He's a peculiar man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

SkySter wrote: »

Yeah it came across that way on tv as well. I didn’t even feel much tension during the game either, which is effectively a by product of the non excitement associated with the team and club at the moment.

It’s not only a problem with Arsenal though, it’s unfortunately modern football these days. We are effectively a cash cow now for Kroenke and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. Stan will just pass over the club to his son Josh when he finishes/retires.

• Advertisement

Odd way of showing it.
    He's a peculiar man.

Sure is. He's at least trying to say what fans want to hear. Actions speak louder than words, though.

For example, he will say that they want to win more than just the FA Cup, but at the same time it's clear he has no idea how that's actually going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Sure is. He's at least trying to say what fans want to hear. Actions speak louder than words, though.

For example, he will say that they want to win more than just the FA Cup, but at the same time it's clear he has no idea how that's actually going to happen.

I get pissed off that we dont have such a passionate fanbase that we cant force Kroenke out like Liverpool did with Hicks and Gillette.Maybe its because we are so much more profitable than Liverpool were that Stan wont let go.
    Im a big critic of Wenger and his decrease in ability but more and more Im thinking hes staying on because he knows Kroenke is a cancer on our club,and there is one thing that cannot be doubted and that is Wengers genuine love for Arsenal Football Club.
    Its not money he's staying for,he has plenty by now.
    He made this club what it is today,I really feel he thinks if he leaves his legacy will be destroyed and everything he has built will fall asunder under the custodianship of Kroenke.
    Wengers ego is not hanging on until the bitter end,its hanging on until everything hes worked so hard to build doesnt fall apart because of Stan fcuking Kroenke.
    Wenger needs to go but Kroenke needs to go first.

In more positive news Im really looking forward to seeing a few young lads in the team Thursday.
    A lot of good prospects doing real well in these Europa games,dont know if its just me but its a lot better watching these lads play in the Europa league rather than the League Cup.

Yep. Couldn't give a damn about these mickey mouse cups so throw a load of young lads on for the experience.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I get pissed off that we dont have such a passionate fanbase that we cant force Kroenke out like Liverpool did with Hicks and Gillette.Maybe its because we are so much more profitable than Liverpool were that Stan wont let go.
    Im a big critic of Wenger and his decrease in ability but more and more Im thinking hes staying on because he knows Kroenke is a cancer on our club,and there is one thing that cannot be doubted and that is Wengers genuine love for Arsenal Football Club.
    Its not money he's staying for,he has plenty by now.
    He made this club what it is today,I really feel he thinks if he leaves his legacy will be destroyed and everything he has built will fall asunder under the custodianship of Kroenke.
    Wengers ego is not hanging on until the bitter end,its hanging on until everything hes worked so hard to build doesnt fall apart because of Stan fcuking Kroenke.
    Wenger needs to go but Kroenke needs to go first.
    Complete and 100% bull****. Who buys the players? Who keeps the underperforming players? If Wenger loves the club in any way other than how a junkie loves someone and drags them down then why hasn't he forced a change? He's taking higher pay than all but half a dozen managers in the world and keeps his mouth shut.
    **** him. He puts that dross out there week after week. And every week pockets more then any of us (I'm guessing here :p) make in a year.
    I'll say it again, **** him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Spurs beating Real Madrid 3-0, never nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They're so far ahead of us these days. City are even further ahead again.

If Liverpool weren't their own kind of jokeshop so far this year there'd be actual pressure on the club rather than the malaise we generally feel.

Complete and 100% bull****. Who buys the players? Who keeps the underperforming players? If Wenger loves the club in any way other than how a junkie loves someone and drags them down then why hasn't he forced a change? He's taking higher pay than all but half a dozen managers in the world and keeps his mouth shut.
    **** him. He puts that dross out there week after week. And every week pockets more then any of us (I'm guessing here :p) make in a year.
    I'll say it again, **** him.

I don't share your faith that kroenke is the man to lead our club forward.
    Wenger made Arsenal what it is today and I'll side with him over kroenke every day of the week.
    Btw Wenger is not without his faults and there is many.
    Nothing will change for the good until the cancerous leech kroenke is fcuked as far away from AFC as possible,whether Wenger is manager or not.

Spurs hockeying Madrid,FFS.

And playing fast and intelligent football too.
    The way we used to play.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I don't share your faith that kroenke is the man to lead our club forward.
    Excellent attempt to put words in my mouth. Well, "excellent" isn't the right word. Probably get a ban for the correct one.
    Wenger made Arsenal what it is today and I'll side with him over kroenke every day of the week.
    Arsenal today, and for at least the last 5 years are a joke, a punchline. So I really don't see how that's a positive for Wenger.
    Btw Wenger is not without his faults and there is many.
    Nothing will change for the good until the cancerous leech kroenke is fcuked as far away from AFC as possible,whether Wenger is manager or not.

Spurs hockeying Madrid,FFS.
    Wenger is like one of those nodding dogs everyone used to have in their cars.

One thing I want to restate: if anyone wants to say he made Arsenal what they are now as a positive just think about that for a few seconds with a modicum of awareness. What reaction do you get when you tell someone you're an Arsenal fan? When's the last time you could do anything other than nid along with the jokes because you knew there was no comeback whatsoever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CatInABox wrote: »
    They're so far ahead of us these days. City are even further ahead again.

They're one point ahead of us in the league.

One.

Excellent attempt to put words in my mouth. Well, "excellent" isn't the right word. Probably get a ban for the correct one.

Arsenal today, and for at least the last 5 years are a joke, a punchline. So I really don't see how that's a positive for Wenger.

Wenger is like one of those nodding dogs everyone used to have in their cars.

One thing I want to restate: if anyone wants to say he made Arsenal what they are now as a positive just think about that for a few seconds with a modicum of awareness. What reaction do you get when you tell someone you're an Arsenal fan? When's the last time you could do anything other than nid along with the jokes because you knew there was no comeback whatsoever?

Right ok,I'll leave you at it,I'm not the enemy you think I am.

So mustafi injured.
    Kos suspended.
    Sead 50/50.

For city game.

Im fearing the worst here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ol' Donie wrote: »

One.

Yeah, I was talking more in terms of the players they have, and the ability to win big games. I think overall, they've got a better team, and I think that they're so much more mentally switched on than Arsenal. They seem to want to win everything, and I don't think I could say the same about Arsenal.

I suppose that next direct comparison is in a couple of weeks, so we'll know more there, but I don't think the next couple of matches are going to go our way.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, I was talking more in terms of the players they have, and the ability to win big games. I think overall, they've got a better team, and I think that they're so much more mentally switched on than Arsenal. They seem to want to win everything, and I don't think I could say the same about Arsenal.

I suppose that next direct comparison is in a couple of weeks, so we'll know more there, but I don't think the next couple of matches are going to go our way.
    There wasn't much evidence of their want to win against West Ham and Man United. Turning it on for one game in three doesn't sound that much better than what we do to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Ol' Donie wrote: »

One.

They'll be 4 after this weekend.

So mustafi injured.
    Kos suspended.
    Sead 50/50.

For city game.

Im fearing the worst here.

Kos is ok for the City game.
    Kolasinac will be fine too.

Kos is ok for the City game.
    Kolasinac will be fine too.

Really?

Thought kos was injured.

Good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

DNpjyMZW0AI0icr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I love watching these line ups.

Bleedin streams better not be acting the maggot for anyone who chooses to watch them this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hope Nketiah gets a few minutes I wanna see more of this lad

Giroud unlucky not to score there.

Walcott having a poor game tonight. Absolutely nothing coming off for him yet.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Walcott having a poor game tonight. Absolutely nothing coming off for him yet.

Thought he was one of our main bright sparks going forward, a couple of nice one-twos with other players. Certainly wouldn't say he's doing any worse than anyone else out there.

Thought he was one of our main bright sparks going forward, a couple of nice one-twos with other players. Certainly would say he's doing any worse than anyone else out there.

On at least three occasions he was of kilter with the one touch passing of Giroud and Jack. There was also a time when the ball fell to him, just outside the box and he totally miscontrolled it, and nothing came of it. Too many of our attacks are ending with him.

Best bit of action so far.. the keeper falling over.

Quazzie wrote: »
    On at least three occasions he was of kilter with the one touch passing of Giroud and Jack. There was also a time when the ball fell to him, just outside the box and he totally miscontrolled it, and nothing came of it. Too many of our attacks are ending with him.

'That ball came flying to him at chest height. All he could do was try to chest it down and have a shot, and he was closed down by the time that happened. Nothing more he could have done. I don't get what it is about Walcott that irks people so much.

'That ball came flying to him at chest height. All he could do was try to chest it down and have a shot, and he was closed down by the time that happened. Nothing more he could have done. I don't get what it is about Walcott that irks people so much.

He's a headless chicken.
    Edit...youre right about that incident though..nothing more he could have done

Coq is clueless with the ball at feet, and not much better without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why didn't he give it wilshire :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement