Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No complaints really. Spurs were the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Soups123 wrote: »
    Wenger has absolutely broke him inside out, not the first player and won't be the last
    Whatever happened to personal responsibility? He's been crap for a while and clearly doesn't deserve to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think the only positives to take from that game are that it's over and we didn't ship 5

I think Laca is a dud

I'm starting to think we paid 53m for a more expensive Walcott. Brutal. No first touch whatsoever. Sulking like a bitch too. He was more interested in fixing his socks when he was just on the field than getting onside

People slate Welbeck but at least he showed some urgency when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

NDWC wrote: »
    I think the only positives to take from that game are that it's over and we didn't ship 5

agreed , would rather a win in our next match at wembley anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If there was ever a game to show how rubbish we have become then that was it.
    We have the worse defenders in living memory. Koscielney is a busted flush and has been for ages, he can't jump. Mustafi is very average and Bellerin was swapped for a pub player. Nacho not much better today.
    The manager should have hauled Xhaka off before half-time too.
    When I saw Iwobi coming on I knew the game was up and then Welbeck compounded the issue.
    We could have conceded 6 easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Spurs were very good to be fair to them. A late Arsenal equalizer would have been daylight robbery.

A good team with a solid game plan made Arsenal look like a bunch of naive kids.

Spurs will face harder games against better organized teams of players with less quality.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? He's been crap for a while and clearly doesn't deserve to start.

I agree with this in fairness, for 53m he should be performing regardless of the manager's influence. No excuses.

All the superlatives will be flowing about Spurs and their British core. Kane aside they look very ordinary and will win nothing. Son and Alli were rubbish today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Unlucky today lads I wasn't confident before hand but chech did very well to keep ye in the game .
    I will him the benefit of the doubt I think he was trying to nutmeg deli alli and misjudged it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

From the moment he was bought he was dropped for big games, everytime he is played he is subbed.

When you spent big money on a player you have to say this is my man, then play him and back him for a reasonable amount of time.

Wenger shot his confidence 100%

Where the fúck was Ozil though? 350k a week and he was nowhere? :mad:

From the moment he was bought he was dropped for big games, everytime he is played he is subbed.

When you spent think money on a player you have to say this is my man, then play him and back him for a reasonable amount of time.

He was good enough to be the French first call.
    Yet when he comes to Arsenal he's not first choice.
    Something wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Where the fúck was Ozil though? 350k a week and he was nowhere? :mad:

To be fair, a new improved contract doesn't change the man. He's paid to provide what he provides, and unfortunately he doesn't do that in big games, especially big away games

Ps Martin keown and Rio Ferdinand doing the analysis live on bt think there is no foul by Kane on kos during his goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I didn't get to see the game today as I was working. Can't say I'm surprised at the result. Our away form is woeful for over a calendar year now. All in on the Europa League now, try and do a Utd on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He was good enough to be the French first call.
    Yet when he comes to Arsenal he's not first choice.
    Something wrong there.

Absolutely

Look at Xhaka he has been played regardless of form. Our attacking play should be designed to suit our goalscorers.

Everyone is intitled to opinion but mine is Wenger hasn't backed him and has shot his confidence

I didn't get to see the game today as I was working. Can't say I'm surprised at the result. Our away form is woeful for over a calendar year now. All in on the Europa League now, try and do a Utd on it.
    We have no chance with those four defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

davycc wrote: »
    Ps Martin keown and Rio Ferdinand doing the analysis live on bt think there is no foul by Kane on kos during his goal.

Ok? :confused:

All the superlatives will be flowing about Spurs and their British core. Kane aside they look very ordinary and will win nothing. Son and Alli were rubbish today.

I was reading the other day that their trophy drought is now over one year longer than our famed one from '05 to '14. You'd never hear a word about it whereas it was constantly used as a stick to beat us with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

When you spent big money on a player you have to say this is my man, then play him and back him for a reasonable amount of time.

Couldn’t agree more with this. He got into two great positions after coming on and if the f*cking manager believed in him a bit more since he joined and hadn’t wrecked his confidence I’m sure he’d be putting chances like that away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

when u see Leicester win the title with even worse players, you do wonder is player personally the be all end all.

its not.

i would like to see this current side be managed and coached by a whole new set of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Quazzie wrote: »
    To be fair, a new improved contract doesn't change the man. He's paid to provide what he provides, and unfortunately he doesn't do that in big games, especially big away games

To be fair, he should be ****ing doing it. He has the talent.

"I don't have the balls for big away games" should not be accepted as an excuse.

We have no chance with those four defenders.

Yeah I fully agree, our defense is terrible. Also doesn't help that the midfield can't protect to save their lives. The defense and midfield are priorities in the summer. Also need a new keeper as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My own opinion on it is, I think there was a foul, but it was minor, and understandably not given, but I think Kos did nothing to try stop the goal from happening, and it wasn't the foul that was the reason for that, it was his lack of intent, poor positioning, and cowardice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more with this. He got into two great positions after coming on and if the f*cking manager believed in him a bit more since he joined and hadn’t wrecked his confidence I’m sure he’d be putting chances like that away.

Lacazette missed the ****ing chances

I wouldn't have given it either if i was a ref.
    Koscielney has to be much stronger. Our defenders in years gone by used to terrorise attackers, now it's the other way around.
    Weakness will always be found out.

Ok? :confused:

Some one on this thread a few pages back was saying kos was fouled so just passing on the thoughts of neutral enough pundits

Some one on this thread a few pages back was saying kos was fouled so just passing on the thoughts of neutral enough pundits

I need to remember to go on other teams threads to pass on opinions of pundits. I always forget until people who support other teams start doing it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Haha go on out of that. Spurs absolutely dicked Arsenal in the second half. They dicked Liverpool in the second half and destroyed United for 90 minutes.

If you think that’s down to Kane you haven’t a clue. We could have sent Dembele out for the 90 minutes on his own and given him the ball and Arsenal wouldn’t have got a kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Absolutely bullied all over the park. Harry Kane monstered any defender he went into 50/50’s with. I’ll give Mkhitaryan a pass, he was exceptional against Everton, so forgive him for this. Iwobi was awful again, no surprise there. Jack was brilliant again, his heart and desire just isn’t replicated in the team sadly. Cech kept us in the game at times, despite his faux pas or 2! Lacca’s poor finishing and off side strays were reminiscent of Theo...

All in all, we could very nearly have scraped a draw in the last 10/15, but overall they deserved to win. We just are not good enough to scramble top 4, but feel overall we aren’t that far behind Spurs/Pool to give up the chase for 4th, they could drop points too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im very surprised there even a question of it being a foul.

Spurs might have done us a favour if they had put half their chances away.
    A 5 or 6 goal hammering would surely make us shop for proper defenders.
    Now Wenger will just continue to ignore the rubbish we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

DeanAustin wrote: »

Haha go on out of that. Spurs absolutely dicked Arsenal in the second half. They dicked Liverpool in the second half and destroyed United for 90 minutes.

If you think that’s down to Kane you haven’t a clue. We could have sent Dembele out for the 90 minutes on his own and given him the ball and Arsenal wouldn’t have got a kick.
    Point remains, you’ll win nothing as you’re not good enough. I agree fully with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Gizmo55 wrote:

If the manager believed in him????

He isn't the tooth fairy. If you don't believe in him he doesn't cease to exist. Wenger paid the bones of 60 million for him. If that's not belief I don't know what is. Wenger isn't the one that kissed the shot from 8 yards.

PS. Gizmo I know your my dog but that's a very silly opinion. Also did I leave the oven on?

Basil3 wrote: »
    I need to remember to go on other teams threads to pass on opinions of pundits. I always forget until people who support other teams start doing it here.

Genuinely not trying to wind ye up Rio jenas keown and the bt own analysts all agree there was no foul by Kane.

I'm not being a sore winner so I will leave your thread in peace.
    I fully expect you to go on a decent run and hopefully you can overtake Chelsea by the end of the season, I would much prefer they finish 7th and you finish 4th with spurs in third

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

emmetlego wrote: »
    Absolutely bullied all over the park. Harry Kane monstered any defender he went into 50/50’s with. I’ll give Mkhitaryan a pass, he was exceptional against Everton, so forgive him for this. Iwobi was awful again, no surprise there. Jack was brilliant again, his heart and desire just isn’t replicated in the team sadly. Cech kept us in the game at times, despite his faux pas or 2! Lacca’s poor finishing and off side strays were reminiscent of Theo...

Is this not the problem that's plagued Arsenal for years? Always look great spanking mid and lower league table sides at home. Get found out then in the big games and the tricky away fixtures to the likes of Bournemouth and Swansea.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Point remains, you’ll win nothing as you’re not good enough. I agree fully with that.

We may not but that’s not coz we’re not good enough. Portsmouth and Wigan won a cup. Leicester won a league. Sometimes a bit of luck plays a part.

Juve on Tuesday. Best of luck against Ostersund.

13 points from 14 away games this season. 24 points away from the top, could be as much as 27 by the end of the day. What a time to be alive.

• Advertisement

13 points from 14 away games this season. 24 points away from the top, could be as much as 27 by the end of the day. What a time to be alive.
    We are where we are and where we deserve to be.
    There is a huge gap forming between Arsenal and the teams above them and it will only increase until Wenger and Co. leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We may not but that’s not coz we’re not good enough. Portsmouth and Wigan won a cup. Leicester won a league. Sometimes a bit of luck plays a part.

**** away out of here you've won nothing of note in 30 odd years nearly longer than I'm alive ya ye won today but don't believe the media hype in yerselves. We played absolute **** today and you still struggled to beat us 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

**** away out of here you've won nothing of note in 30 odd years nearly longer than I'm alive ya ye won today but don't believe the media hype in yerselves. We played absolute **** today and you still struggled to beat us 1-0

Let them have their moment: they don't come that often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's 2-1 to Arsenal on aggregate this season... so eh, Arsenal are the real winners

It's 2-1 to Arsenal on aggregate this season... so eh, Arsenal are the real winners

I'd say that even our 3 FA cups in 4 seasons is still 3 trophies more than Spurs and their fúcking Great British Core managed. Juande Ramos was the last manager to win anything with them and before that George Graham and before him Terry Venables

Spurs is not the problem lads. Pass no remarks of posters coming in here to gloat. I don't blame them.
    #Our problems are internal.

• Advertisement

Portsmouth and Wigan won one more cup than Spurs if so.

Pretty certain that's Europe gone next year, 5 or 8 points behind 5th. That's crazy at this point of the season.

I do wonder if Wenger will step aside in Summer or will he be arrogant enough to think he's the man to get us back to Europe. Never know, might win the league with no European distraction! ☺☺☺
    Top 6 is this years top 4.

Pretty certain that's Europe gone next year, 5 or 8 points behind 5th. That's crazy at this point of the season.

I do wonder if Wenger will step aside in Summer or will he be arrogant enough to think he's the man to get us back to Europe. Never know, might win the league with no European distraction! ☺☺☺

He'll still brazen it out imo.

Portsmouth and Wigan won one more cup than Spurs if so.

Well done Sherlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He is earning roughly £9 million a year.

Unless the board sack him, there is no way he won't see out the last year of his contract.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement