Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Quazzie wrote: »
    Plenty of people, many who read my posts, and know my stance on here, have taken it the way it was intended. Storming into a thread to gloat, then accusing someone of antisemitism, when you have zero idea of a poster's history or posting style on something you perceived incorrectly is in poor form, and goes against the run of this thread.

Again see my edited post.

Yea your right. Of course he was in here to gloat and decided to try to take a moral high ground. It was petty. Fwiw I really didnt think the post was meant that way. I am just saying that its hard to read sentiment in text form.

Listen Im a Liverpool fan. How often do you think we have people coming in slagging us off after our shocking defending this season. Best to just leave the kids have their moment and dont take their bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lads just stop talking about it like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Quazzie wrote: »
    Plenty of people, many who read my posts, and know my stance on here, have taken it the way it was intended. Storming into a thread to gloat, then accusing someone of antisemitism, when you have zero idea of a poster's history or posting style on something you perceived incorrectly is in poor form, and goes against the run of this thread.

Just to add, if anyone wants to discuss this further with me, they can do so via PM because this thread has been derailed enough so this will be my last post on the matter.

Just to be absolutely clear, and this is my last post on this thread, I didn’t come in to gloat. I didn’t really reference the result on Saturday at all. I came to reply to a poster who said “Without Harry Kane, Spurs are very ordinary.”

As a Spurs fan, I’ve been on the wrong end of a lot of very disappointing results and don’t really appreciate opposition fans gloating. That mightn’t fit the narrative some people want to construct but read what I wrote. I never once mentioned Saturday’s result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bye so ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: What is it with everyone trying to get the last word in? Drop it. Everyone.

Just reading there that Cech has gone 9 premier league matches without a clean sheet - his longest run ever. He must be wondering if he'll ever get his 200th clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Do arsenal fans here post in the spurs thread here?

Ffs.

Fine. Nevermind then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just reading there that Cech has gone 9 premier league matches without a clean sheet - his longest run ever. He must be wondering if he'll ever get his 200th clean sheet.

Its fairly sickening to see how much he has declined, used to dread us having to play against him, suppose José knew what he was at when he let him go.

Who do we even replace him with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Its fairly sickening to see how much he has declined, used to dread us having to play against him, suppose José knew what he was at when he let him go.

Who do we even replace him with?

Jose didn't want to let him go, it was a deal he done with abramovich if he stayed on 1 year he could go where he pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Just caught up on a few pages.

Wish i hadn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Now that we're out of all things league related i'd like to see us give that new young Greek CB a few games at CB. He can't be worse than what we have there. It might bring him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I didn't come here gloating I come to point out there was no foul by Kane on kos during his goal... that's all and I got dogs abuse..

One poster was constantly called us spuds and mongs without any sanctions from the mods ?

And we get plenty of arsenal , Liverpool, Chelsea fans coming to our megathread and private forum on the troll where the mods seem to let anything go ..

Strange that calling maurinho Maureen is a bookable offense but calling us spuds and tight Jews is alright.

Now that we're out of all things league related i'd like to see us give that new young Greek CB a few games at CB. He can't be worse than what we have there. It might bring him on.

I think our shape is terrible and not any individual defender tbh. Kosc perhaps should have been more assertive for their goal but personally i thought himself and Mustafi done ok the weekend. Id be a big critic of Bellerin but Son didnt get a kick and Monreal is fairly solid. Elneny played well in front of the back four but quite honestly our two banks go too far up the field to recover on a break.

My fear is that the Greek could become another Holding whose confidence is also on the floor with the flawed system of defending. Also why isnt Chambers keeping his place? He was starting to really improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think our shape is terrible and not any individual defender tbh. Kosc perhaps should have been more assertive for their goal but personally i thought himself and Mustafi done ok the weekend. Id be a big critic of Bellerin but Son didnt get a kick and Monreal is fairly solid. Elneny played well in front of the back four but quite honestly our two banks go too far up the field to recover on a break.

My fear is that the Greek could become another Holding whose confidence is also on the floor with the flawed system of defending. Also why isnt Chambers keeping his place? He was starting to really improve
    It was Kos I had in mind. I thought he was brutal. Kane made a wee boy of him. Kos can't seem to get off the ground at all. The others were poor too but Kos stood out for his weakness.

It was Kos I had in mind. I thought he was brutal. Kane made a wee boy of him. Kos can't seem to get off the ground at all. The others were poor too but Kos stood out for his weakness.

I think it's a standing ongoing injury with him. He shouldn't be playing as much as he does

davycc wrote: »
    I didn't come here gloating I come to point out there was no foul by Kane on kos during his goal... that's all and I got dogs abuse..

One poster was constantly called us spuds and mongs without any sanctions from the mods ?

And we get plenty of arsenal , Liverpool, Chelsea fans coming to our megathread and private forum on the troll where the mods seem to let anything go ..

Strange that calling maurinho Maureen is a bookable offense but calling us spuds and tight Jews is alright.

I used the mong jpeg of Kane/Wrighty but it was more intended as light hearted banter even if the term 'mong' is very offensive. I did feel that it looked that Kane had his hands on Koscs shoulders when he scored but Kosc should have done better and competed.

There is no doubt Spurs are a very good team with potential but they are far too overhyped in parts of the media.

On the Jews thing, the ironic thing is that both Levy and Sugar more than put their money where their mouth is when it came to investing in the team. And at Arsenal we were fortunate enough to have both Fiszman and Dein who were Arsenal fanatics. What we wouldnt give for someone like them now instead of that parasite Silent Stan.

He has declined a fair bit ill admit given how solid he was. Chambers should have been kept in the team. He was growing in stature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Talking of replacing Cech, it was widely reported that the new "not" director of football, wants to buy and has prioritised the Athletico keeper. Can't think of his name, but he is a pretty good 'keeper from what I've seen of him. Is he a world class keeper? Anybody seen him or have a comment on him?

Also, on a replacement manager, it really has gone very quiet on that front. It would be a lovely way for Weng to drop out of management, by winning the Europa league as a swan song. Or am I in dreamland??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

emmetlego wrote: »
    Talking of replacing Cech, it was widely reported that the new "not" director of football, wants to buy and has prioritised the Athletico keeper. Can't think of his name, but he is a pretty good 'keeper from what I've seen of him. Is he a world class keeper? Anybody seen him or have a comment on him?

Also, on a replacement manager, it really has gone very quiet on that front. It would be a lovely way for Weng to drop out of management, by winning the Europa league as a swan song. Or am I in dreamland??

jan oblak , yeah hed be brilliant but cant see it happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Be somewhere around €80m+ for Oblak,i read in the article that mentioned the new director(ex-barca i think)...cant see us spending that much on a keeper

Epic failure might a better solution. He wont go even though he has had multiple chances to go on a high. A mickey mouse trophy or two shouldnt save him but sadly it probably will.

This is a thing that annoys me in modern football today. Who lets go of an 8 year old in fairness? You hear these mad stories all the time. Newcastle let go of Shearer because he wasn't big enough when he was 15. I cant get the thinking around making such hasty judgements about what is essentially children.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/ireland-legend-liam-brady-claims-arsenal-released-harry-kane-because-he-was-a-bit-chubby-36594955.html

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »

Real sh1tty watching him play for Chelsea tonight.
    Sanchez leaving bothered me less than I thought and Giroud leaving bothered me more than I thought it would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

How did he play tonight?

wonga77 wrote: »
    How did he play tonight?

Imo like he usually does...nice little pass for Hazards opener...got a bit of a beating by W.Brom(kicked in the head ,limped off at half-time)...subbed after 60mins I think.
    Nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Be somewhere around €80m+ for Oblak,i read in the article that mentioned the new director(ex-barca i think)...cant see us spending that much on a keeper

Cech is still pretty good although nowhere near his Chelsea standard (pre head injury). This is just down to the aging process. Paying eighty million for a goalkeeper would be insane. Guatia, the Spaniard who will join Palace in the Summer, is regarded as top quality and the new guy at Newcastle looks decent. Both cost relatively little money.

So better then morata? who is worse? lacazete or marata?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Got this on twitter.

It took 30mins for Hazard to utilise Giroud than Alexis during his 3 years with us.

We all know Giroud has a great first touch but apart from Ramsey and Podolski why didn't we use much of Giroud's ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

5star02707 wrote: »
    Got this on twitter.

It took 30mins for Hazard to utilise Giroud than Alexis during his 3 years with us.

We all know Giroud has a great first touch but apart from Ramsey and Podolski why didn't we use much of Giroud's ability

Lets be honest that's just bollocks.

We're in a complete **** up goalkeeper-wise. Neither are good enough. So what do we do in the summer? Get rid of both and get a proper one in? Then have the whole "Oh the defence and keeper have to get used to each other" excuse? Having 2 "Internationals" doesn't help, we need a clear no. 1 for each and every match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We're in a complete **** up goalkeeper-wise. Neither are good enough. So what do we do in the summer? Get rid of both and get a proper one in? Then have the whole "Oh the defence and keeper have to get used to each other" excuse? Having 2 "Internationals" doesn't help, we need a clear no. 1 for each and every match.

Ospina was never going to be good enough, and it's ridiculous he was kept over Szczesney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I hope we buy Giroud back after his stint with Chelsea. I have a good feeling he'll age like a nice French merlot, better over time.

A nice French Merlot?

No such thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A nice French Merlot?

No such thing!

You've just been drinking in the wrong vineyards mon amis.

I hope we buy Giroud back after his stint with Chelsea. I have a good feeling he'll age like a nice French merlot, better over time.

Interestingly (well i was interested) some of the main exports of Gabon include oil and uranium.

Main exports of Lyon where Laca is from include biotechnology, software development, video games.

So Auba should, by the Giroud/Merlot logic, be explosive and incredibly powerful; and Lacazette should be immune to injury and great on Fifa.

Make of all this what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

5star02707 wrote: »
    Got this on twitter.

Short memories it seems, the best goals we've scored over the last few years have all involved Giroud, and were much better than yesterday!

• Advertisement

Lacazette out for up to 6 weeks after minor knee surgery.....

Who is our striker for Europa then? :D

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/963416912200982530

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

indeed Arsenal even announced it on Twitter

@Arsenal
    We hope to see you back on the pitch soon, @LacazetteAlex
    arsn.al/Ppsm3Q

lol funny if we're going to rely on Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Lacazette out for 6 weeks after minor knee surgery. That’s a huge blow to our Europa League campaign if he doesn’t recover quickly

Pter wrote: »
    Interestingly (well i was interested) some of the main exports of Gabon include oil and uranium.

Main exports of Lyon where Laca is from include biotechnology, software development, video games.

So Auba should, by the Giroud/Merlot logic, be explosive and incredibly powerful; and Lacazette should be immune to injury and great on Fifa.

Make of all this what you will.

But but but....he is from Lyon.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

L'prof wrote: »
    Lacazette out for 6 weeks after minor knee surgery. That’s a huge blow to our Europa League campaign if he doesn’t recover quickly

I see no reason why we wouldn't be playing first team or very close to it for the rest of the Europa campaign.

By far the most realistic chance of getting back into CL.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I see no reason why we wouldn't be playing first team or very close to it for the rest of the Europa campaign.

By far the most realistic chance of getting back into CL.

Point is, Aubameyang can't play, he's cup tied. So our striker options are screwed!

Higuain!!! For this night only!

product.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Higuain!!!

spurs defense was like ours there for that goal

Kane diving trying to get a pen AGAIN! Divey McDiveface

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Spurs will score if Juve keep trying to play the ball out from the back when under pressure.

Should be 3 nil ffs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement