Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

omega man wrote: »
    Spurs will score if Juve keep trying to play the ball out from the back when under pressure.

Should be 3 nil ffs.

Prophetic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Spurs dominating this for the last 20 minites. Where did they buy dembele? He's running the show in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

wonga77 wrote:
    Spurs dominating this for the last 20 minites. Where did they buy dembele? He's running the show in the middle

From fulham. For a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Constantly giving it away in dangerous positions. Annoying. Haven’t watched juve play in a while so don’t know if it’s typical of them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Higuain living up to his reputation of being talented but likely to choke in clutch moments. Would have suited us down to the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Spurs working very hard.
    Their heads didn't drop unlike some other teams.
    They work very hard for each other.

Spurs working very hard.
    Their heads didn't drop unlike some other teams.
    They work very hard for each other.

Ssssshhhhhuuussshhhh you. How dare you big up (tell the truth) about Spuds here!

Juve have started to dominate a bit more now thankfully. I watch them a good bit purely because the other half is a big Italian football fan from the Channel 4 days. His 2nd team is Juventus. They are missing (injuries) loads of starters tonight too apparently.

2-2. Max Allegri being touted here as a replacement for AW. We beat them 2-0 at home....

Don't worry, I'm not wanting Wenger to stay, I'm just saying! I will say one thing, If they do the miracle and win the UCL, they'll be impossible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

emmetlego wrote: »
    2-2. Max Allegri being touted here as a replacement for AW. We beat them 2-0 at home....

Don't worry, I'm not wanting Wenger to stay, I'm just saying! I will say one thing, If they do the miracle and win the UCL, they'll be impossible!!!

So your saying allegri isn’t a good replacement based on one game, yet use the 1 good game we played this year to back this up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sorry lads. I couldn't give two shíts about Spurs. Only catching up now...who's going to start up front for us in the Europa??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry lads. I couldn't give two shíts about Spurs. Only catching up now...who's going to start up front for us in the Europa??

Iwobeck

We've got looooooads of options, don't worry!!

wwJDQd8.jpg

Sell Giroud.

Marvellous. Now we have fücking Welbeck as an option. Jesus wept.

wawaman wrote: »
    So your saying allegri isn’t a good replacement based on one game, yet use the 1 good game we played this year to back this up??

As limp an argument as mine.... Point is, we need to think outside the proverbial box!We need to find the next big thing!

I don't blame the club for selling Walcott, Chamberlain, Giroud, Coquelin and even Sanchez but i do blame them for not adding to our squad which was fairly bare as was. I still think we are run as a business and not a football club. We are badly stuck now up top and our defence is a calamity of errors for a considerable time BUT on the plus side we're making money. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

If we get knocked out of the europa league this round, will Wenger finally get the sack?

If we get knocked out of the europa league this round, will Wenger finally get the sack?

I'm sure that's what you're hoping, but we all know that won't happen. Someone who has been with the club this long and done as much as he has for the club will be given the chance to step down gracefully. It definitely won't be a public sacking.

Not a chance he'll be sacked ever. If he wants to sign another two years he will.

Not a chance he'll be sacked ever. If he wants to sign another two years he will.

I reckon he's gone in the summer, and he wasn't given a 1 year deal last summer so as to avoid all the Contract Running out stuff in every presser from November like last year

• Advertisement

I doubt that, judging by the back room appointments, we’re seeing the last of Le Prof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I doubt that, judging by the back room appointments, we’re seeing the last of Le Prof!

his grip on the running of the club is slowly being loosened with these appointments where people have responsibilities for things that he used to do. Still not sure when he'll be asked to completely relinquish control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Arsenal chiefs open to extending Arsene Wenger’s contract beyond 2020

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/14/arsenal-chiefs-open-extending-arsene-wengers-contract-beyond-2020-7312220/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Seems Petr is a top bloke from reading this.

27752580_1839516332739600_6745839291172111751_n.jpg?oh=4a936196690b8a340ea70159c9955504&oe=5B1052A0

pudzey101 wrote: »

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/14/arsenal-chiefs-open-extending-arsene-wengers-contract-beyond-2020-7312220/

In the words of Fr. Jack - "Feck off".

Quazzie wrote: »
    Seems Petr is a top bloke from reading this.

27752580_1839516332739600_6745839291172111751_n.jpg?oh=4a936196690b8a340ea70159c9955504&oe=5B1052A0
    Context?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

that lad from Hull who had to retire from the game due to the head fracture

Ryan Mason

Context?
    greendom wrote: »
    that lad from Hull who had to retire from the game due to the head fracture

Ryan Mason

Sorry, i thought the part stating Ryan Mason was on the top of it.

Thanks for clearing that up Greendom

Its only the metro thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hi guys looking for questions for this weeks BP Zone podcast :)

Hi guys looking for questions for this weeks BP Zone podcast :)

The obvious one that comes to mind, why sell Giroud if the club knew Laca was carrying a knee injury for a while? Considering PEA would be cup tied for Europa.

• Advertisement

English teams doing well in the CL. City and pool as good as through.

The obvious one that comes to mind, why sell Giroud if the club knew Laca was carrying a knee injury for a while? Considering PEA would be cup tied for Europa.

Because fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkk you!

Because fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkk you!

I read that in a french accent too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

omega man wrote:

The boss explained it already that he felt loyalty to Giroud and left him go to get game time for W.C

liam7831 wrote: »
    The boss explained it already that he felt loyalty to Giroud and left him go to get game time for W.C

Giroud got very well paid at Arsenal. The club didn’t owe him anything, whatever Wenger may have thought. Personally I think that’s a bs reason if true and demonstrates the mismanagement at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Giroud got very well paid at Arsenal. The club didn’t owe him anything, whatever Wenger may have thought. Personally I think that’s a bs reason if true and demonstrates the mismanagement at the club.

So what's he to do? Keep a player there that is getting limited playing time and wants to leave for a better chance of playing at the WC. That worked well for Southampton and Everton.
    He made the right decision. I'd be more annoyed at the stupid rule that stops Aubameyang from playing on the EL

This really has a banana skin feeling about it tonight, doesn’t it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

with our away form this year, i would expect anything and everything. we better play our strongest team, top 4 chances are done so this is our A plan competition.

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    this is our A plan competition.

This is true and perfectly shows how far we've fallen behind everyone else. The Europa League is our #1 priority. :o

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So what's he to do? Keep a player there that is getting limited playing time and wants to leave for a better chance of playing at the WC. That worked well for Southampton and Everton.
    He made the right decision. I'd be more annoyed at the stupid rule that stops Aubameyang from playing on the EL

I’d totally agree if they didn’t know Laca was carrying an injury that potentially required surgery. Your point doesn’t account for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Suspect it'll be a draw or a tight win. As shocking as we are these wont be any great shakes, LOI sides are competitive against swedish sides so I suspect even an under strength Arsenal will be better than them.

They're out of season too so no excuses.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's gameday in Ostersund, Sweden... round 32 of the Europa League in what is one of the biggest days out in their 21 year sporting history as they lead out with an intelligent British Manager in Graham Potter who has impressed since moving to the club, and has unified 'a group of misfits behind a slick passing game rarely seen in Sweden'.

The game is all everybody talks about in Ostersund since the draw was announced in this 50 k something city in the middle of Scandavia. What's to be considered cold by the London outfit's standards is simply a cool, fresh spring day for those of Ostersund.They're ready for the Gunners, and if they can start out well and smell blood, they will pounce on the opportunity to bloody the Gunner's nose to give themselves hope for when they visit the Gunner's in London. The swedish outfit has already swatted away Hertha Berlin and Galatasaray in this competition

Will Arsenal's woeful away form be contained to the PL ( which is currently the worst since 2002 ) or has it snuck it's way onto the private aeroplane that brought them to Ostersund to hang over them? The second leg is only 3 days before the Carabo Cup Final with Man City. so Wenger and his men will be eager to put this tie to bed before then if possible.

Will we see images of Ozil gliding and glistering in snow? This game will be contested on a plastic pitch which has been heated, so you shouldn't see any snow by the time this game kicks off at 6PM. The German playmaker will at least make the bench, in a sign the manager does not take his opposition or indeed the occasion too lightly. By the time the whistle is blown for kick-off it will read -3°C. Shiver.
    In the words of the most famous coach in sunny Texas- . “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”

Ospina
    Nacho Mustafi Chambers Bellerin
    Maitland-Niles and Elneny
    Mkhytarian Ozil Iwobi
    Welbeck

Wonder wil Maitland Niles play in the middle as per the line up or will he play wing back with Nacho as a back 3?

With Ospina as Captain?? WTF??

Ospina
    Mkhytarian Ozil Iwobi
    Welbeck

Wonder wil Maitland Niles play in the middle as per the line up or will he play wing back with Nacho as a back 3?

He play wingback with bellerin , nacho mustafi and chambers back 3 . Hope wele has his shootin boots on.

Nacho or ozil shud have got captain ospina wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That looks like a back 4 to me

He play wingback with bellerin , nacho mustafi and chambers back 3 .
    That's what I think too, but the graphic shows him in the middle of the park, and that's his natural position. Wenger has a history of doing that with players, playing them in a more defensive role so they get used to playing further up the pitch with defensive minded history!

I really haven't explained that well at all, have I!

That's what I think too, but the graphic shows him in the middle of the park, and that's his natural position. Wenger has a history of doing that with players, playing them in a more defensive role so they get used to playing further up the pitch with defensive minded history!

I love the 'natural position' term.

Surely AMN has to be in the middle with a back 4, otherwise we're asking Iwobi or Micky to sit back near Elneny.....

yeah you could be right AMN will prob start out in midfield and if things go to sh!t fill in at wing back . about time Xhaka is benched too , and wouldn't mind seeing nketiah have a run if we are in a comfortable position :)

I'm calling it now, Wenger is going to have some zip-related struggles tonight with these temperatures :D

• Advertisement

Ospina
    Mkhytarian Ozil Iwobi
    Welbeck

With Ospina as Captain?? WTF??

:pac:

Ospina as captain is a bit much, even for Arsene.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement