Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Wegner gone in the summer ? barring a Europa League win, that will be 2 years out of the Champions League and further away from the top 4 than ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Iwobi afraid of getting hurt.

Only on, and he say there behind the goals taking a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Quazzie wrote: »
    Aubameyang is making brilliant runs behind their defenders the whole match but we don't even seem to be looking at him as an option because every ball goes sideways.

He must be hating life in London right now

Hardly its his 3rd game ffs and hes just had the last 2 weeks off more or less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

omega man wrote: »
    Is this an all time low?

The Bayern massacres last year?

Aubameyang is making brilliant runs behind their defenders the whole match but we don't even seem to be looking at him as an option because every ball goes sideways.

Believe it or not, Walcott used to constantly do the same thing, and Laca when he arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Should have been sacked just after the 6 nil loss at Chelsea.

My thoughts exactly. Im sure he is green with envy looking at the slick passing at the other end of the field with Aguero, Sane, De Bruyne, Jesus and then he looks to his right and left and sees Welbeck and Iwobi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Yep, any other club would have viewed that as unacceptable. Not us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is this an all time low?

Good god no! We've been worse and gotten far bigger batterings. Of course this is bad but an all time low?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

City bring on a 17 year old. Training session.

Good god no! We've been worse and gotten far bigger batterings. Of course this is bad but an all time low?!

Spot on. Its just the latest stage of the malaise. Not to worry though. That healthy profit margin should warrant an open top double decker bus in May :pac:

Wenger better fall on his sword very very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Wenger better fall on his sword very very soon.
    Doubt it. He'll get a contract extension instead

Not turning up for a cup final and getting smashed is as bad as it gets for me. Getting a hammering in the league or CL isn’t any worse as we’d never win those competitions anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

So City again in the league this Thursday. Would Arsenal show up or will it be another game like today?

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    So City again in the league this Thursday. Would Arsenal show up or will it be another game like today?

Do we even care? I don’t anymore

5star02707 wrote: »

I had a corporate box for the game, I'm 100% not wasting a cent on those pack of ****. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Now we get to wait to listen to Mister Magoo on why it wasnt our fault.

No tbh he should have gotten the sack when we lost 8:2 at old Trafford

Now we get to wait to listen to Mister Magoo on why it wasnt our fault.

First goal was a foul.

Second goal offside.

Third goal he didn't see it he was doing his zip up.

• Advertisement

Listen. When we got smashed 8:2 that is exactly when I wanted Wenger out and I was probably the only arsenal fan at the time I as well. I saw the writings on wall and imagine if we did get rid of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

6-0 away to chelsea, 8-2 away to United, 1-2 to Ostersunds, 10-2 on agg to Bayern, the 5-1 and 4-0s at Anfield ................how much more evidence do we need ! and that's without dragging up the yearly embarassments we have at the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton and bloody stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Did anyone expect anything less than the defeat? With Wenger in charge expect more of the same... Pathetic. Losing to Man City is not the issue but the pathetic performances time and time again. Dire

But but??? The sacrifices he made for that 10 million a year??? Real Madrid and Barcelona were sick of winning all round them and begged him to come and turn them into useless flops.

When Barca were winning all round them, you made the point that Guardiola would not have done as well at Arsenal as Wenger had and that he, Guardiola, had inherited a great team.

Listen. When we got smashed 8:2 that is exactly when I wanted Wenger out and I was probably the only arsenal fan at the time I as well. I saw the writings on wall and imagine if we did get rid of him?

Even after that i thought we might turn a corner at some stage. The 2014 league flop rubber stamped it for me. Needed to reinforce the squad in January and bought an injured player, took hammerings at Anfield and Stamford Bridge and almost blew the cup despite all the big guns out of the way.

Wigan stood up to City and we didnt. That tells its own story.

When Barca were winning all round them, you made the point that Guardiola would not have done as well at Arsenal as Wenger had and that he, Guardiola, had inherited a great team.

He wouldn't have. He would've never got the backing he has received at Man City. Expectations need to be adjusted about what we can achieve as a club under any manager. No matter who manages us, winning the championship is going to take a lot of luck and will be upsetting the odds.

Wenger turns good players into jelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I keep hearing that about Guardiola.

But remember that Wenger inherited an Arsenal team with the best back 5 unit in the league as well as Ian Wright, Denis Bergkamp and Paul Merson.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Did anyone expect anything less than the defeat? With Wenger in charge expect more of the same... Pathetic. Losing to Man City is not the issue but the pathetic performances time and time again. Dire

To be honest I was more surprised with the amount of positive posts pre-game. We were always gonna get a thrashing here. Look at the absolute state of us in our last game even, shocking isn't even the word because none of this is a surprise, it's completely expected. We're a horrible club with a pack of expensive show ponies and a money whore manager who obviously doesn't give a flying **** about the club by staying on year on year getting paid criminally well for mismanaging the club to such a low that the team is worse now than when he took over 20 odd years ago.

I did??? :confused: When was this?

Guardiola clearly brought something different to Barca as they tackled with more intensity for starters then they did under Riikjard. He had the bones of an unbelievable team there though. Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, etc but there was a clear difference in their approach.

• Advertisement

To be honest I was more surprised with the amount of positive posts pre-game. We were always gonna get a thrashing here. Look at the absolute state of us in our last game even, shocking isn't even the word because none of this is a surprise, it's completely expected. We're a horrible club with a pack of expensive show ponies and a money whore manager who obviously doesn't give a flying **** about the club by staying on year on year getting paid criminally well for mismanaging the club to such a low that the team is worse now than when he took over 20 odd years ago.

I gave us a chance on the basis that we are capable of producing the odd quality performance here and there. Last years cup semi and final being examples

There are no excuses for Wenger. He has been a manager in the top flight forever, plenty of money, we are not a newly promoted club. He does not have it to compete in the modern game.

Wenger said we were unlucky because the second goal was offside. Pure arrogance.

First goal was a foul.

Second goal offside.

Third goal he didn't see it he was doing his zip up.

1. Mistake

2. Offside

3. No comment

You can predict the answers before asked.

Jamie Redknap is right. People are bored of talking about Arsenal’s failures.

Wenger said we were unlucky because the second goal was offside. Pure arrogance.

A deluded arrogant money grabbing, power hungry egotist. I would have liked him to go with some dignity once upon a time but I just want him gone now and gone asap. So my attitude at this stage is why should he be treated differently when he has continuously shown such disregard for the setup of the team? He has disrespected the fans continuously and neither himself or his spoilt overpaid team of cowards have ever taken responsibility for their continous failings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Jamie Redknap is right. People are bored of talking about Arsenal’s failures.

But yet he keeps doing it?

FixitFelix wrote: »
    But yet he keeps doing it?

He’s paid to?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

What a shambles. The level of discontent at the stadium amongst the fans was at a new level.

The board and manager are shambolic.

The players today a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Omnishambles! How Wenger doesn't realise at this stage he should walk is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Is this an all time low?

For me the 8-2 against Man U will be hard to beat as far as the all time lows are concerned. The fact that Wenger survived that and selling van Persie to utd makes me think he's bullet proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

For me the 8-2 against Man U will be hard to beat as far as the all time lows are concerned. The fact that Wenger survived that and selling van Persie to utd makes me think he's bullet proof.

That was somewhat of a one-off though, even at the start of the season. The Liverpool 5-1 and Chelsea 6-0 were very close, that should have been it for Wenger.

That was somewhat of a one-off though, even at the start of the season. The Liverpool 5-1 and Chelsea 6-0 were very close, that should have been it for Wenger.
    Plus the fact that we were very short when losing 8 - 2 to United.
    No excuses for the others at all or for today or the Ostersund result at home.

I think things will get worse if it's possible before this fraud leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I was expecting this result today, what I wasn't expecting was the (what I perceived to be a) lack of effort from key players.

I'm not angry anymore. This is exactly what I thought would happen. There is no way Wenger can go beyond this season. None. It will get very nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Today looked like the players have stopped playing for the manager.
    There can't be many more nails for this coffin.

• Advertisement

Today looked like the players have stopped playing for the manager.
    There can't be many more nails for this coffin.

The hardware shop is running rapidly low on nails at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

emmetlego wrote: »
    I was expecting this result today, what I wasn't expecting was the (what I perceived to be a) lack of effort from key players.

I'm not angry anymore. This is exactly what I thought would happen. There is no way Wenger can go beyond this season. None. It will get very nasty.

He should go but genuinely can you see either of these things happening:
    1) he resigns
    2) the boards has the guts to sack him

Nope, me neither.

Brian on your podcast the other night you suggested that someone from the club should take charge of the Arsenal Fan TV channel or control the input somewhat?

This is exactly why they shouldnt. Búll****, propaganda and spoof.

"We werent good enough on this occasion" .......Well duh. You would swear by the tone of this post it was a one off blip.

442866.png

The only way things will change is if the fans turn their anger on Wenger in a vocal way at games. Plenty of booing and plenty of banners.
    BUT then again the fans our club has are the easiest in the world to fool.

The only way things will change is if the fans turn their anger on Wenger in a vocal way at games. Plenty of booing and plenty of banners.
    BUT then again the fans our club has are the easiest in the world to fool.

Theyve done that and when the do the idiots come out of the woodworm condemning the protests. How dare they say that about a good man...blah blah blah.

Aul snake Wenger himself then blames the fans for causing the negativity. His poor little damsels werent able to focus on the match because the mean people were demanding they do their fúcking job and justify their absurd pay packets :mad:

Hector Bellerin sums up the new type of snowflake being recruited by the club. A bullshítter and a shaper of the highest order.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement