Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Unfortunately I don’t think the club would go for Simeone. He'd be his own man and would probably ruffle too many feathers around the club for their liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Can't argue Simeone is a very strong candidate, but he's not on the "short list" is he?

No he's not on it but the question has to be asked who compiled the list and what criteria was required for a manager to get on it? What exactly got Rodgers on it? Loew is on it but is a risk IMO. I can see why Jardim is there and he's probably the most qualified bit I'd be a bit iffy about him.

The full list has about 7 names on it I think? Very uninspiring though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Nasri a drug cheat with city?

Oh that is just delicious!

omega man wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don’t think the club would go for Simeone. He'd be his own man and would probably ruffle too many feathers around the club for their liking.

One thing i never realised about Pep is the way he rules City with an iron rod. Simeone, Allegri, and Jardim would all go into this category too and are exactly what we need. They certainly wouldnt indulge the likes of Iwobi or Bellerin. In fact id be very interested to see what another coach could make of Iwobi. Im convinced there is more in that boy than we are seeing.

Id wouldnt say no to Conte either guys. I think he'd do very well with us. And he'd piss off Mourinho too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Id wouldnt say no to Conte either guys. I think he'd do very well with us. And he'd piss off Mourinho too.

Always a bonus.

☀️

emmetlego wrote: »
    Nasri a drug cheat with city?

Oh that is just delicious!

I think he was just completely clueless. It's not like he hid the fact he was doing what he was doing.....in fact, he was advertising it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Isnt his family still based in Italy though? That may put him off extending his time in London should Chelsea be stupid enough to release him.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Isnt his family still based in Italy though? That may put him off extending his time in London should Chelsea be stupid enough to release him.

I think his family moved to London late last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/13/antonio-conte-gives-chelsea-fans-hope-settled-club-family-move/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Basil3 wrote: »

I stand corrected so, thanks.
    Well if he's available I'd have him on my shortlist for sure.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Forget Brendan Rodgers resembling David Brent. The latest embarrassment from the real deluded one. He should be frogmarched out the f**cking door. A jokeshop :mad:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/arsenal/arsene-wenger-refuses-to-confirm-whether-hell-be-in-charge-of-arsenal-next-season-36653028.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Forget Brendan Rodgers resembling David Brent. The latest embarrassment from the real deluded one. He should be frogmarched out the f**cking door. A jokeshop :mad:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/arsenal/arsene-wenger-refuses-to-confirm-whether-hell-be-in-charge-of-arsenal-next-season-36653028.html

He's not going to walk from the last year of his contract so the only way to remove him is if he is sacked.

A sad and bitter way to end a great reign at the club.

He should have walked at the end of last season with the FA Cup win.
    Like Fergie, he would have left a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

I think it is hilarious that ye are all talking about new managers. That man will go no where and the board is spineless just like the whole club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

He's not going to walk from the last year of his contract so the only way to remove him is if he is sacked.

A sad and bitter way to end a great reign at the club.

He should have walked at the end of last season with the FA Cup win.
    Like Fergie, he would have left a winner.

Yep, winning the FA cup yet again and beating the league winners and denying them the double.

It was such a perfect opportunity to walk away with nothing but pride and respect from the club, supporters and the football community in general. He’s blown it.

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    I think it is hilarious that ye are all talking about new managers. That man will go no where and the bored is spineless just like the whole club.

Sad but true. There was plenty of names thrown about this time last year such as Allegri. All thrown around to stop the cries of fans if they think there is an end in sight to the farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I said here years ago that he will be carried out of the club kicking and screaming by lads in white coats.
    His rant about the referee not playing enough injury time in the Cup Final just about proves this.
    Imagine looking for an excuse like that and seemingly believing that we would come back from 3 goals down in the extra minute or two? The man is stark raving mad.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43199556

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Arsenal are looking for volunteers to shovel snow around the stadium before Thursday's game.

Press officer, Mark Gonnella stated, "We are appealing to fans for help, if we can get enough snow brought in, there's still a chance we can get this game called off."

I said here years ago that he will be carried out of the club kicking and screaming by lads in white coats.
    His rant about the referee not playing enough injury time in the Cup Final just about proves this.
    Imagine looking for an excuse like that and seemingly believing that we would come back from 3 goals down in the extra minute or two? The man is stark raving mad.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43199556

He just has that 'never give up' attitude that many people profess our players lack. It's a shame it won't rub off on them.

:pac:

• Advertisement

He just has that 'never give up' attitude that many people profess our players lack. It's a shame it won't rub off on them.

:pac:
    Yeah. A lot of people feel sorry for him. Not nice to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

If the match goes ahead tomorrow, the club will use the weather as a reason for low attendance but match tickets went on general sale last week and I have never seen so many people on twitter selling tickets below face value. Against the league leaders. Might give the board a wake up call.

Then again doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Any one see the clip a few days ago of Ian Wright talking saying he has heard that some players have been missing training etc and not getting punished and that Wenger is letting things slide.

Link to article and video below you will have to copy and paste sorry my internet skills have been maxed out:)ha

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/news/ian-wright-arsenal-skip-training/amp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys get in your questions for tommorows recording of the BP Zone episode 18 Jamie will be back and we'll be going over the candidates to replace wenger and what it will take to get him out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Wenger is one arrogant prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

patrickc wrote: »
    Wenger is one arrogant prick
    I could not believe the neck on him saying he,",,turned down the world to honour his arsenal contract for the last 20+years" .

Sheer delusion

I knew he was full of it but not that insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm sorry lads but I hope City hockey us tomorrow. I honestly don't care. Roll on the 6 nations.

I.dont.care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

To be honest I'm not that pushed about the result tomorrow as long as they use an orange ball.

Arghus wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not that pushed about the result tomorrow as long as they use an orange ball.

I'm gonna watch it but purely because work has been cancelled and it's a great day to head to the pub with a roaring fire and sink some pints and have a good old moan about Arsenal while pretending I really don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm gonna watch it but purely because work has been cancelled and it's a great day to head to the pub with a roaring fire and sink some pints and have a good old moan about Arsenal while pretending I really don't care.

That's the spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Have the option of 2 club level tickets for tonight but not sure if the match Will go ahead, anyone heard anything? Wondering will it be called off early in the day

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Have the option of 2 club level tickets for tonight but not sure if the match Will go ahead, anyone heard anything? Wondering will it be called off early in the day

I think they have a pitch inspection this morning, but as it stands it is going ahead. I'd say they have gritted all around the ground, and the pitch should be fine.

I would have been working tonight, and missed at least the first half. Not sure whether being able to watch is a good thing or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He did turn down many roles over the years so its hardly delusional. Timing wasn't the best I'll give you that.

Really hope the team put on a performance tonight after the awful shambles on Sunday.

greendom wrote: »
    He did turn down many roles over the years so its hardly delusional. Timing wasn't the best I'll give you that.

Really hope the team put on a performance tonight after the awful shambles on Sunday.

He wouldnt last pissing time in any of those roles. As I said before, the white hankies would be out within months. He is in a comfort zone at Arsenal where he is well paid for failure. He's doing no one any favours.

Its like a man telling his wife, 'I turned down every other woman to make your life a misery'

Stay safe and warm today fellow Gooners

Do you see believe any club contacted him in the last 10 years? I don't.
    He's a bluffer, he's running the club along Stan's lines and has Stan's interests at heart i.e. money.

Stay safe and warm today fellow Gooners

Pub is the best place to be today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

He most likely did back in the day but I would find it hard to believe that in the last 7 or 8 years that any club looked at him and thought - Yeah he's the guy to lead us forward. Clubs now want instant success and don't really care about what a manager achieved in the past. Look at Conte and Zidane as prime examples, both will be gone in the summer despite recent successes.
    I just wish for his own sake that he wouldn't come out with statements like that one, especially now when his popularity must be at an all-time low. Talk about bad timing. Is the match deffo going ahead tonight?

He wouldnt last pissing time in any of those roles. As I said before, the white hankies would be out within months. He is in a comfort zone at Arsenal where he is well paid for failure. He's doing no one any favours.

Its like a man telling his wife, 'I turned down every other woman to make your life a misery'
    He needs to move on for his own good as well as Arsenal's.

This sums up everything I and others have been saying for years -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05zg2xs

Totally agree with these lads.

This sums up everything I and others have been saying for years -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05zg2xs

Totally agree with these lads.

I actually can't wait until Wenger leaves, then I get to sit back and watch a bunch of you fight over who said that he should leave first :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I actually can't wait until Wenger leaves, then I get to sit back and watch a bunch of you fight over who said that he should leave first :pac:

I'm looking forward to the first shouts for the new manager to get the boot. I reckon he'll be lucky to get ten games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Last chance for questions for todays podcast , recording extra early in case the snow gets awful

Last chance for questions for todays podcast , recording extra early in case the snow gets awful

Is all the social media abuse towards Wenger justified?

Is it not ok to simply realise his time is up without resorting to personal insults ?

I actually enjoyed watching to see who would thank your post. I was right :pac:

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the first shouts for the new manager to get the boot. I reckon he'll be lucky to get ten games.

Ah I thought you'd leave with your mate Wenger. :D

Is all the social media abuse towards Wenger justified?

Is it not ok to simply realise his time is up without resorting to personal insults ?
    He deserves it imo.
    Should have gone years ago but only stuck around for the money.

He deserves it imo.

Do you think he would have struggled to find another job if he did leave?

If he did find a job, do you think he would be taking a massive pay cut?

1. Yes. He's clearly past it. Lower level team maybe.
    2.Yes again. That's why he didn't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I'd love to see him at Madrid or Barca to see how he gets on with elite players and infinite money. I think he deserves a chance with one of them aswell but the last number of years have damaged his reputation abroad and might not be considered for either job.

I think him at PSG is a big possibility at some stage surely.

• Advertisement

He deserves it imo.

not for me - and I don't believe he's there for the money. He's addicted to Arsenal and football management imo. The board are unfortunately enabling him.

He still thinks he is acting in the club best interests.

I find the abuse directed at him unnecessary and unbelievably childish.

AFTV are just an embarrassment. Unfortunately they embarrass the club too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement