Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

There's also a goal difference of 50 :o

And sonic85 saying: And only +12 goal difference. Jaysus were ****e

It's not only the team that's confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

It’s a fcuking charade. The worst I’ve seen in 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

emmetlego wrote: »
    And sonic85 saying: And only +12 goal difference. Jaysus were ****e

It's not only the team that's confused!

Not what I meant but anyway.

Weve scored 51 and conceded 39

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

That was a tough watch tonight. We are a complete mess. As low as it’s been since I’ve been an Arsenal fan. The 94/95 season wasn’t as tough as this to watch. At least Stewart Heuston was in charge and we knew we were ****e that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Lol

I would like to see 60,000 fans protesting up the Holloway road towards the Emirates baying for change. This is insanely poor. And won’t get much better under this regime mark my words.

Would ye rather Wenger was sacked now or wait till the summer? Personally I'd rather see him gone right now if they have the next man in mind - give him the rest of the season and a good pre season to let him get comfortable and put his stamp on things. If it's left till the summer it could turn into a saga and transfers could take a back seat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is there any member in this thread who wants Wenger to stay? Not an Arsenal fan just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd have him go now ! he can't be gone fast enough even give it to Henry until the end of the season

sonic85 wrote: »
    Would ye rather Wenger was sacked now or wait till the summer? Personally I'd rather see him gone right now if they have the next man in mind - give him the rest of the season and a good pre season to let him get comfortable and put his stamp on things. If it's left till the summer it could turn into a saga and transfers could take a back seat

I’d rather he walked as he deserves not to be sacked like a clown manager as many are. But if he continues his stubbornness and tries another season then terminate him quickly.

• Advertisement

That was a tough watch tonight. We are a complete mess. As low as it’s been since I’ve been an Arsenal fan. The 94/95 season wasn’t as tough as this to watch. At least Stewart Heuston was in charge and we knew we were ****e that season.

We got to the cup winners cup final and narrowly lost that Season at the very least. That season was a relative one off tbh because Graham always had us fairly steady. The business with Merson and Graham off the field didnt help and our defence became a bit more porous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

I would of sacked him after last weekend. Not a hope of him going till the summer though, if even. He likes to honour his contracts I hear :rolleyes:

Sack him NOW, this minute. Dont even hesitate for a single second . There is no way this shíte should continue. Half of those players should be sacked too only in the crazy world of football they are bullet proof and overpaid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I’d make Bould caretaker until the end of the season.

I’m certain Wenger gives him little to no input. How could it get any worse.

Take some time to find the right permanent manager then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Would ye rather Wenger was sacked now or wait till the summer?

Id rather he resign tbh. Getting sacked gives him an easy way out.

A resignation from Wenger says a lot more about his character and allows him to go out on is own terms. I can't stand the guy but his resignation would be fitting.

When Real Madrid fans want to get rid of their manager they wave white flags or napkins whatever the fcuk they are publicly in the bernabeu. Our crowd need to start showing their opposition big time to this joke shop. A lot of empty seats tonight helps but it needs more. A lot more.

We got to the cup winners cup final and narrowly lost that Season at the very least. That season was a relative one off tbh because Graham always had us fairly steady. The business with Merson and Graham off the field didnt help and our defence became a bit more porous.

I’m really hoping that this season will prove to be a one off too. Wenger is a busted flush and we have known this for years. Seems to have taken a few fans and the board until now to finally realise this. Couldn’t imagine Wengers biggest fans thinking he should stay now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lads 10 pints make u not care. Just saying.

gebbel wrote: »
    I’d rather he walked as he deserves not to be sacked like a clown manager as many are. But if he continues his stubbornness and tries another season then terminate him quickly.

Why does he not deserve to be sacked? I've seen a lot of this type of thing being said and I genuinely don't get it. Both him and the club have been underperforming for some years now. You can't afford to be sentimental in professional sport. He's done great things for the club but that's a lifetime ago and he's been paid handsomely for it. We don't owe him anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

until tomorrow and reality hits that Wenger is still in charge :D:pac:

Lol on my way to that figure. Snow day worked out for the best! Tends to take the edge of the horrific footie we've been playing as of late

HAH HAH HAH. I opened a bottle of prosecco as there's no work or school tomorrow... I'd nearly neck it except there's a greedy so and so beside me wanting to do the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger still in the dressingroom.
    Maybe he's saying his goodbyes to the team. Hopefully.

Did Carragher just criticize the fans for protesting/marching last year? What are they meant to do????

In my younger days i'd have 10 pints before I started drinking. :pac:

• Advertisement

Wenger still in the dressingroom.
    Maybe he's saying his goodbyes to the team. Hopefully.

He’s probably crying his eyes out grovelling and begging the players to play for him. #bounceback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Did it all start going wrong for him then we moved stadium?

What was the turning point?

I’m on a bottle of Rioja, think I might crack open a second bottle, **** it.

omega man wrote: »
    He’s probably crying his eyes out grovelling and begging the players to play for him. #bounceback

I really thought we might actually win tonight just so it could be the headline look we're back in form...takes away from the last x amount years of ****e. Even they seem to want him sacked it seems. Which is mental as most of them wouldn't be fit to play for a championship/League 1 team

2 bottles of buckfast before i hit the pub 10 years ago for me too :D

• Advertisement

It appears the latest model of Arsenal has created an era of alcoholics as opposed to football fans.

Im 9 bottles through 2 boxes of Brahma

Did Carragher just criticize the fans for protesting/marching last year? What are they meant to do????

The fans pay good fcuking money to go watch that rubbish. Not just tickets but merchandise TV subs etc. They have every right to make their displeasure known. But I wouldn't expect a millionaire ex player to know much about that. People like him seem to want the fans and the club itself to indulge Wenger and let him continue until he sees fit to leave. It's Arsenes club sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is it unusual that Wenger still hasn't come out of the dressing room?

What will the excuse be tonight lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Did it all start going wrong for him then we moved stadium?

What was the turning point?

There were definite limitations with the stadium. After those ended though, he just forgot how to manage a top team it seems.

wonga77 wrote: »

he's trying to think of some sh!t excuses i think

The fans pay good fcuking money to go watch that rubbish. Not just tickets but merchandise TV subs etc. They have every right to make their displeasure known. But I wouldn't expect a millionaire ex player to know much about that. People like him seem to want the fans and the club itself to indulge Wenger and let him continue until he sees fit to leave. It's Arsenes club sure

He's just spent the last 10 minutes saying Wenger needs to go

What will the excuse be tonight lads?

The blue lines threw them off

I think he also had a go at the fans for not showing up tonight. Can't win with the guy.

• Advertisement

It appears the latest model of Arsenal has created an era of alcoholics as opposed to football fans.

The evening started off with beast from the east/ storm Emma civil beers and joy at days off work. It ends with me demoralised with the team I’ve followed through thick and thin since 1985.

Maybe he's writing his resignation letter! Ha if f*cking only. Excuses tonight:

Otimendi should of been sent off.
    If we'd of scored the penalty after we would have got at least a point...

He's just spent the last 10 minutes saying Wenger needs to go

I'm not watching it because I've wasted enough time tonight - he said Wenger needs to go but criticised the fans for protesting?

You’re on to something. I had to open a bottle of red i was keeping for the weekend.

He has confidence that he can turn it around? LOL

D-e-l-u-s-i-o-n-a-l.

22:19

Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City

"We have to stay together," says Wenger.

When asked if he thinks he can turn it around, his answer is "of course".

Full quotes to come.

BBC site. As I gave up watching it on Sky. F*ck off

Wenger is one some SERIOUS drugs or needs to be

Pass it to the left Arsene

• Advertisement

Confident he can turn it around because he has done it in the past.
    You can tell by looking at him that he's bate but he's still throwing out the same tired spin. It's tiring to watch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement