Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

The man needs to be put out of his misery. The trigger is there to be pulled but who has the balls to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

NBC on about a statue being built of him outside the stadium , please god no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

wonga77 wrote: »
    Confident he can turn it around because he has done it in the past.

I was hoping the interviewer was going to ask him about the last time Arsenal were 30 points behind the leaders and he managed to turn it around. That question was screaming at me once Arsene said he has done it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

sonic85 wrote: »
    I'm not watching it because I've wasted enough time tonight - he said Wenger needs to go but criticised the fans for protesting?

I must of missed that part, one eye on my phone and one on the tv. Couldnt argue with most of what carragher said tonight. Club badly needs a change, announce it now and maybe the players might do something before the seasons end eye etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

pudzey101 wrote: »
    NBC on about a statue being built of him outside the stadium , please god no

If he'd of left at the end of last season when we won the FA Cup I wouldn't of complained, despite the drought of even challenging for the league but at the moment it seems a very ill advised choice.

• Advertisement

To be fair though if he gets asked if he can turn it around what is he supposed to say? He has to say he can sort it out but whether he actually believes it or not is another story.

He's never going to leave of his own accord - he'll stay till he's carried out so the decison needs to be taken out of his hands

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/42906558

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on Sky Sports: "I knew the first half would be difficult for us after Sunday. We needed at least to come in level at half-time but City took advantage of our lack of confidence. The team put a huge effort in but they’re going through a different period and their quality made it a difficult game for us.

"The goals were preventable. I don’t think we can take away from the individual quality of the goals but it was soft defending on our side. After half-time we needed the penalty to go in to have a slight change to come back so that was a blow to us."

"More Arsene Wenger: “It was tough but that’s explainable by the fact of what happened on Sunday and the consequences of the hype about our performance. It hits you. The players put in a huge effort today but unfortunately we had some weak defending.

“We focus on performances and when the pressure is on like this you have to show that strong organisation and united, not divide. You have to stay together, focus and work even harder to get the confidence back.

“You don’t expect fans to be euphoric after losing 3-0. We have to earn the fans by the quality of our performance. It has to come from us."

In fairness it's not like him to tell the truth and say our defence was bollocks. With that said he still needs to leave...a long time ago.

The last thing Wenger wants is another game of football in 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

[URL="AW: "I feel we produced physically our highest performance of the season.""]AW: "I feel we produced physically our highest performance of the season."[/URL]

That can't be right, surely?

He needs hospitalising if he said that.

The last thing Wenger wants is another game of football in 3 days.

I wish we could play a game a day for the next couple of weeks and get this circus wrapped up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

It's embarrassing

Hopefully Josh Kroenke actually means business on this audit of the club he is doing instead of it being some cynical PR stunt to appease the supporters

https://twitter.com/samhuxley/status/968211371174387715?s=19

A shocking sobering read.... :eek: Here's your cure Hunky :D

https://twitter.com/samhuxley/status/968211371174387715?s=19

A shocking sobering read.... :eek: Here's your cure Hunky :D

Ha I thought I was depressed about us before this read. Polite reminder that we've been awful for years when it counts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wenger stuck with the club and kept it reasonably competitive while it paid for the stadium build with a model that required the club to remain self-financing.

Now those days are over and the club is finally able to pay top dollar for among the best players in the World he is no longer capable of managing.

For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭rodders999

I turned down Real Madrid in 2002 so how dare you question me in 2018.

The ramblings of an absolute ****ing psychopath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Wenger on sky sports news now. Sounds very calm and relaxed for a man who is supposedly close to losing his job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wenger on sky sports news now. Sounds very calm and relaxed for a man who is supposedly close to losing his job...

When most people get sacked, they get shown the door and have to worry about where their next paycheck is coming from.

When he gets the sack, hes looking at a 6 million payoff. Bit of a difference.

Kirby wrote: »
    When most people get sacked, they get shown the door and have to worry about where their next paycheck is coming from.

When he gets the sack, hes looking at a 6 million payoff. Bit of a difference.

Far more than that I'd say. 10 m a year so if he is 70% of the way through this season you are talking 3m plus 10m for next season so that would be at least 13m if he got sacked today for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Far more than that I'd say. 10 m a year so if he is 70% of the way through this season you are talking 3m plus 10m for next season so that would be at least 13m if he got sacked today for example.
    He ain't getting sacked. Not for a year or two anyway.
    Nor will he resign. He's arrogant. The man thinks he is Arsenal.
    The club would be near folding before that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'm not sure what AW thinks he can bring to Arsenal now. What value he contributes to the club. There is no doubt now that the club is suffering and the only way we can start to rebuild is to get a fresh manager in. Anything short of this is really denying that there is a problem. Every day that AW stays in the job is another day that he is hindering/hurting the club.

Everyone can see this. There is close to no one in football who has the opinion that Arsenal are better off continuing with AW - no one outside the club that is.

Until he goes there is going to be an underlying question as to whether he is the core problem or not. This type of culture is the worst type for any club as it lowers morale, creates a out flow of players and pisses off the fans.

It should have happened years ago but it's time to try someone new before things get a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If ye go out of europa he goes too imo, ye win it probably stuck with him

If ye go out of europa he goes too imo, ye win it probably stuck with him

Not a chance we will get a result against Milan. Write that off now. Their defence is as tight as a Ducks arse at the moment and they haven't conceded in over 500 minutes or so. They'll deal with our nonsense football easily and pick us off on the break for sport

Brighton on Sunday. I can only hope they beat us and we finally get a reaction from the board. He doesnt even deserve to manage that game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Too many better teams left in the competition and we got one of the worst draws possible. Can’t see us winning against Milan let alone the whole thing.

I do agree though if we win it he’ll stay and probably get another extension.

We're away to Brighton on Sunday. It's on Sky.
    I can't see us getting 3 points against them either as we are low on confidence and the players seem to have given up on Wenger.
    Brighton are in danger of being sucked down into the relegation battle too so won't be giving away anything easily. If they score first, which is very possible with our defence being a total shambles, then we're in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

We're away to Brighton on Sunday. It's on Sky.
    I can't see us getting 3 points against them either as we are low on confidence and the players seem to have given up on Wenger.
    Brighton are in danger of being sucked down into the relegation battle too so won't be giving away anything easily. If they score first, which is very possible with our defence being a total shambles, then we're in trouble.

4-0 Arsenal

FixitFelix wrote: »
    4-0 Arsenal

Paddy Power wants you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

FixitFelix wrote: »
    4-0 Arsenal

Arsenal don’t do away games. Can’t see an Arsenal victory, never mind a hammering like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Brighton beat Swansea 4-1 in there last league game and are in the 1/4s of the FA Cup they'll be full of confidence having looked at our recent performances

• Advertisement

Brighton beat Swansea 4-1 in there last league game and are in the 1/4s of the FA Cup they'll be full of confidence having looked at our recent performances

And have a relatively well organised defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anyone honestly care how Arsenal do against Brighton on Sunday?

Does anyone honestly care how Arsenal do against Brighton on Sunday?

If i genuinely thought he was one game away from the sack i would hope and pray for a beating and a good one at that. it would serve Arsenals long term future better. As it is though im indifferent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Who is the journalist and whats his source? Im not saying its bull but anyone could say such things.

I’d have doubts if it was the mirror/sun but the guardian is reliable enough. And he is hardly going to name the player

• Advertisement

This sums it up for me.

Just. F*cking. Sad.

attachment.php?attachmentid=444400&d=1520023824[\img]

All I can do is laugh at arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Who is the journalist and whats his source? Im not saying its bull but anyone could say such things.

I believe it. It may have some poetic license in there but I 100% believe the players held a meeting sans Wenger to discuss the shambles they are in. I mean 7 losses in 8 weeks is woeful, lets be honest here. And it backs up what many of us have long since speculated at.......these players aren't being coached properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It’s been reported by other sources that a player meeting did take place. Personally I’m willing to accept that article as accurate.

Which arsenal players have kids old enough to ask such questions? Kos, Per or maybe Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I loved the man as a daughter loves her father. But it's like I saw him gambling away the family home as a young lady and then witness his destruction of our family with his moves I reached adulthood. I know this is girly and totes emosh!!! But it's how I feel about him. I want him gone, and have done for a long time now, but it's filled with sadness now. I'm adamant he should be gone, but when it does happen, I will look at youtube videos of his great success's and pine for those days again. Until we get another manager who can guide us to a league win and to a CL semi final (at least)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

omega man wrote: »
    It’s been reported by other sources that a player meeting did take place. Personally I’m willing to accept that article as accurate.

Which arsenal players have kids old enough to ask such questions? Kos, Per or maybe Jack?

Koscielny is supposedly very quiet in the dressing room, so not sure he'd be the man to lead a mutiny. Perhaps Mertesacker although he's barely played this season so not sure why he'd be so personally invested in how badly the team has done this year. Yes he may care and want things to improve, but you can't really pin any of this on him. I don't think Wilshere's kid(s?) are old enough to realise this shouldn't be happening.

Arsene Wenger logic

I was a great husband for the first 10 years. I could have had any other woman in the world but i chose to stay with you. I made loads of sacrifices even though you are subsidising me heavily to maintain little standards on my part

That is why you should honour this marriage and ignore the fact that I now continuously leave the toilet seat down, fart an unholy amount, continously leave the lawn overgrow into a jungle, neglect my general hygiene and leave myself go.....but it was worth it because we moved into a swanky new place in 2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

If any other manager had 7 losses in 8 weeks he would be sacked, get rid now and get in a new man who can look at what is at the club and see who needs to go and start to build for next year.
    Would he have survived at any other premier league club with the last 4 or 5 years record, so disappointed and gave up watching such gutless team.

I think it may be Wilshere. He had kids when he was like 18/19 very early age and was dropped on Thurs game as well

If any other manager had 7 losses in 8 weeks he would be sacked, get rid now and get in a new man who can look at what is at the club and see who needs to go and start to build for next year.
    Would he have survived at any other premier league club with the last 4 or 5 years record, so disappointed and gave up watching such gutless team.

Hill-wood (former chairman, now retired board member) has apparently stated that Wenger has overstayed his welcome. I cant imagine his pal and current chairman Chips Keswick being a million miles off that opinion either.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2017-2018/paper-round-arsenal-ex-chairman-peter-hill-wood-arsene-wenger-should-leave_sto6661152/story.shtml

I think it may be Wilshere. He had kids when he was like 18/19 very early age and was dropped on Thurs game as well

Allegedly it was koscielny

wawaman wrote: »
    Allegedly it was koscielny

The whole crying thing made me think of Kos straight away. I dunno why but he looks like an emotional kinda guy.

The whole crying thing made me think of Kos straight away. I dunno why but he looks like an emotional kinda guy.

Interesting fact, Kosc owns an accordion manufacturing plant in France.

Kos has been **** in all honestly and should look at himself as well.

A lot of the players need to really

Koscielney would need to have a look at his own performances too as would many of the others. Wenger is responsible for the poor preparation of the team and for not knocking heads together BUT he didn't allow opposing players run around them on the field and make them look like Bambi on Ice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement