Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Exactly a carbon copy of what I just said ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Exactly a carbon copy of what I just said ^
    Great minds think alike.

Fools seldom differ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So we need to win every one of our last 10 league games just to reach the points we got last season. Which wasn't good enough.

We're hugely regressing.

So we need to win every one of our last 10 league games just to reach the points we got last season. Which wasn't good enough.

We're hugely regressing.

Sanchez gone (80 goals in 3 years)
    Defence even worse this season.
    Midfield hiding especially in the big games..

There's only one way we can go in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sanchez gone (80 goals in 3 years)
    How many since he left?

L'prof wrote: »
    How many since he left?

I don't know or care. He's no longer our player BUT when he was with us he scored 80 in 3 years.
    Can you see any of the present players doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We're hugely regressing.

Yeah but if we do that and city manage to lose all their games by a load of 3-0 and 4-0 score lines we can still win the league on goal difference.

How many since he left?

I don't know or care. He's no longer our player BUT when he was with us he scored 80 in 3 years.
    Can you see any of the present players doing that?
    That's not my point. You mention him being gone as if it's a bad thing. I don't think it is. He might have scored 80 in 3.5 years, but he wouldn't have replicated that at Arsenal nor will he at United. With the right management Lacazette and Aubameyang could yet come good. I have far more hope for Aubameyang though. 141 goals in 4.5 years in Germany. Lacazette managed 127 in his last 6 in France but is a couple of years younger

That's not my point. You mention him being gone as if it's a bad thing. I don't think it is. He might have scored 80 in 3.5 years, but he wouldn't have replicated that at Arsenal nor will he at United. With the right management Lacazette and Aubameyang could yet come good. I have far more hope for Aubameyang though. 141 goals in 4.5 years in Germany. Lacazette managed 127 in his last 6 in France and is a couple of years younger
    It was a bad thing imo as our league goals have dried up apart from the 5 against Everton. None against Spurs or City. It takes new players awhile to bed in and get the hang of our system so Sanchez goals did matter and is part of the reason we are regressing. Apart from the duff manager of course and relevant to the post i replied to.

• Advertisement

It was a bad thing imo as our league goals have dried up apart from the 5 against Everton. None against Spurs or City. It takes new players awhile to bed in and get the hang of our system so Sanchez goals did matter and is part of the reason we are regressing. Apart from the duff manager of course and relevant to the post i replied to.

Sanchez already knew our system. Why has he regressed?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sanchez already knew our system. Why has he regressed?
    Our team regressed. You need to read the posts properly.

Our team regressed. You need to read the posts properly.

My point is that Sanchez wasn't contributing much, and I reckon that Auba should match Sanchez's contribution for this season come the end of the season.

My point is that Sanchez wasn't contributing much, and I reckon that Auba should match Sanchez's contribution for this season come the end of the season.
    Probably because he is like the rest of our players and lost faith in the manager and wanted out. He contributed 80 goals in 3 years when he did care though. Hopefully Auba will score many but as I said it takes time to settle in just like Sanchez is taking time to settle in at United.

Probably because he is like the rest of our players and lost faith in the manager and wanted out. He contributed 80 goals in 3 years when he did care though. Hopefully Auba will score many but as I said it takes time to settle in just like Sanchez is taking time to settle in at United.

I don't particularly buy this settling in thing, especially when switching between EPL clubs. Have you watched Sanchez play for United? He's playing exactly how he was for us.

They are very different players, though. Sanchez always had the ability to create something from nothing, which I can't see Auba doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Are people still clinging onto the Sanchez was the problem point of view?

I think it’s been demonstrated clearly that there are far more pressing issues within the club.

The fact he hasn’t hit it off at Utd doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be still scoring for us and it’s only a good thing anyway!!

• Advertisement

That's not my point. You mention him being gone as if it's a bad thing. I don't think it is. He might have scored 80 in 3.5 years, but he wouldn't have replicated that at Arsenal nor will he at United. With the right management Lacazette and Aubameyang could yet come good. I have far more hope for Aubameyang though. 141 goals in 4.5 years in Germany. Lacazette managed 127 in his last 6 in France and is a couple of years younger

In his last 9 games for Arsenal Sanchez scored 3 goals. Aubameyang has scored 1 in 4, Lacazette has 1 in his last 4. Let’s see how they get on

I don't particularly buy this settling in thing, especially when switching between EPL clubs. Have you watched Sanchez play for United? He's playing exactly how he was for us.

They are very different players, though. Sanchez always had the ability to create something from nothing, which I can't see Auba doing.
    I'll judge both of them next season. I don't know enough about Auba as yet as he's come at a very bad time due to the state of our club and probably can't get over the poor quality we have.

In his last 9 games for Arsenal Sanchez scored 3 goals. Aubameyang has scored 1 in 4, Lacazette has 1 in his last 4. Let’s see how they get on
    How many did he score in his first nine just for a proper comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

13 points behind spurs now with Burnley on our heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Messi would struggle in this team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Just checked there and we are actually closer on points to last place in the table than first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I'll judge both of them next season. I don't know enough about Auba as yet as he's come at a very bad time due to the state of our club and probably can't get over the poor quality we have.

Sure there is no pressure on the man. He is probably of two minds, I joined a bad set up and what's the point. When Wenger got a new 2 year contract, the writing was on the wall with regard to the fortunes of the team. Rinse and repeat. Mediocrity would be a plus these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wawaman wrote: »

Messi would struggle in this team
    A primed Thierry Henry would struggle too

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Just watching The Sunday Supplement on Sky And a couple of the journos were mentioning Brendan Rodgers as a replacement for Wenger.

Would any of you be happy if he were to get the job in the foreseeable future?

jbt123 wrote: »
    Just watching The Sunday Supplement on Sky And a couple of the journos were mentioning Brendan Rodgers as a replacement for Wenger.

Would any of you be happy if he were to get the job in the foreseeable future?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

No.

One of the lads on twitter who knows a thing or 2 (got the whole Auba-Giroud deals correct, and the Sanchez/Mkyhitarian one) says it’s Jorge Low. I accept his lack of big league experience, but I’d take him over BR any day

emmetlego wrote: »
    No.

One of the lads on twitter who knows a thing or 2 (got the whole Auba-Giroud deals correct, and the Sanchez/Mkyhitarian one) says it’s Jorge Low. I accept his lack of big league experience, but I’d take him over BR any day

Jorge?

Jorge?
    An autocorrect typo. Should have said ‘Joge’, his nickname.

emmetlego wrote: »
    An autocorrect typo. Should have said ‘Joge’, his nickname.

It's Jogi. In any case, my point was that if he's gonna be our manager, we better learn his name :D

Can't say I'd be overly excited by his arrival, unless it's just a short term 'steady the ship' move.

I wouldn't want Rodgers.
    I would be prepared to give Sean Dyche a go for awhile. He has Burnley playing well with average players. His teams know their job and fight hard in matches and he wouldn't tolerate players being soft or hiding in matches and he trains his team very hard i'm told, everyone fit as a fiddle and pepped up mad for action. His players do him proud and carry out his tactics to a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Is it the Liverpool connection that has you against Rodgers? Or you just don't rate him as a manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I wouldn't want Rodgers.
    I would be prepared to give Sean Dyche a go for awhile. He has Burnley playing well with average players. His teams know their job and fight hard in matches and he wouldn't tolerate players being soft or hiding in matches and he trains his team very hard i'm told, everyone fit as a fiddle and pepped up mad for action. His players do him proud and carry out his tactics to a man.
    No doubt he does a fine job with journeyman professionals. Could he manage the type of elite player we have and will want to attract?

Maybe he can but he's completely unoroven.

greendom wrote: »
    No doubt he does a fine job with journeyman professionals. Could he manage the type of elite player we have and will want to attract?

Maybe he can but he's completely unoroven.
    Indeed but i'd give him one season. He takes no messing by all accounts and is big into training and making sure his players are fit. He has a sound tactical brain even if his tactics don't always work. He doesn't tolerate non-triers either. He might do well with good players.

Is it the Liverpool connection that has you against Rodgers? Or you just don't rate him as a manager?
    I just don't rate him. I didn't like the way he set his team up whenever I saw Pool under him and he wasn't always getting the best out of them. I think that's why they got rid of him.

He's fairly limited and im not sure he'd give us alot more than Wenger. He's also very terminological in his press conferences. Talks alot of spoof. Arsenal need a straight talking no nonsense bullshítter.

For me, it's the empty brown envelopes.

He's fairly limited and im not sure he'd give us alot more than Wenger. He's also very terminological in his press conferences. Talks alot of spoof. Arsenal need a straight talking no nonsense bullshítter.

Plus someone who could improve us in Europe. He hasn’t a clue

Indeed but i'd give him one season. He takes no messing by all accounts and is big into training and making sure his players are fit. He has a sound tactical brain even if his tactics don't always work. He doesn't tolerate non-triers either. He might do well with good players.

He's very much in the Don Howe school of football in terms of organisation and no nonsense and like Don he actually inspires those around him. Id say he'd run the 2 Instagram models (Bellerin and Iwobi) first thing.

Basil3 wrote:

It's Jogi. In any case, my point was that if he's gonna be our manager, we better learn his name .
    Pedantic Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I wouldn't want Rodgers.

Sorry Tayto but Jaysus Christ Seán Dyche? Would come out of that he's nowhere near the level. Things are bad but that's just insane

He's very much in the Don Howe school of football in terms of organisation and no nonsense and like Don he actually inspires those around him. Id say he'd run the 2 Instagram models (Bellerin and Iwobi) first thing.
    He has had a bad run recently but was missing his entire back four as someone stated on another thread. They won yesterday as some of them are back. His panel is small and his budget is very low so i'd love to see how he'd do with a better panel and more money. He takes no messing by all accounts.

What I wouldn’t give for simeone to come in and kick their arses. Alas the gutless board would never make an appointment like this that’s why I’m afraid it will be Rodgers, Low or Henry.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Sorry Tayto but Jaysus Christ Seán Dyche? Would come out of that he's nowhere near the level. Things are bad but that's just insane
    I'd give him a season. He might crack it. Why do you think he wouldn't?

That guy at Swansea Carvahal is no bad coach. Again, well very organised. He'll get a big job at some stage.

I'd give him a season. He might crack it. Why do you think he wouldn't?

He's no real experience, his approach is very simple (burst a gut), top quality players would never subscribe to his style.

Also taking out his recent good for he's just done a very good job at Burnley taking them up, down and back up.

He's not even close to the level needed

• Advertisement

That guy at Swansea Carvahal is no bad coach. Again, well very organised. He'll get a big job at some stage.

Are we that bad? He was only sacked by Sheffield Wednesday before Christmas. I’d take Rodgers before him and I really really don’t want Rodgers

Given the choice over Loew (who hasnt coached at club level since March 2004 and that club was Austria Vienna) and Rodgers, I would have Dyche before them.

I think there is better coaches out there than all three that we could approach. Allegri, Simeone or Jardim should be the forerunners by right

He's no real experience, his approach is very simple (burst a gut), top quality players would never subscribe to his style.

Also taking out his recent good for he's just done a very good job at Burnley taking them up, down and back up.

He's not even close to the level needed
    He'd be better than what we have now and he'd install a bit of badly needed discipline. Yes he have them bursting a gut and they might not like it.Tough.

There's nothing to suggest he'd fail in all you've said either. You could be right though. Would you have him as an assistant to someone else and put him in charge of training? We simply don't know how he'd do or what level he's at either in fairness.

He'd be better than what we have now and he'd install a bit of badly needed discipline. Yes he have them bursting a gut and they might not like it.Tough.

There's nothing to suggest he'd fail in all you've said either. You could be right though. Would you have him as an assistant to someone else and put him in charge of training? We simply don't know how he'd do or what level he's at either in fairness.

I just can't see where your coming from.

He's not a number 2, he's never do it. A club needs a coach who sets the philosophy you can't put a random disciplinarian into a set up it wouldn't work and would be so disjointed.

I don't believe Lowe is the man either. I would love Allegri. I think we ideally need a young vibrant coach with new ideas to awaken the club.

Tayto I think your just so desperate for change your not thinking straight 😂😂 I understand it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement