Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I actually feared the worst when I saw Coquelin in the line up given how **** he was against Red Star on Thursday but he's not the worst of them out there today , Needs changing fast though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He's been absolutely awful today. Should make sub but won't. Sure look at the lineup today and that reaffirms the fact Wenger's gone off the deep end

Never mind the line up. You have a club that tells a manager it's okay to not compete at the top and a manager who thinks that's okay, so no matter what team goes out they'll got out knowing less than our best effort is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Basil3 wrote: »
    Both been better than Sanchez and Ozil, though.

Apart from that shot just there what has Ramsey done? Sick to my stomach watching this bullshìt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Could have been more than one down at half time. We have been poor on the ball and have more than once contributed to our own down fall.
    The lineup is strange too, coquelin has never played that position before and El Neny has. Don't see any reason why Lacazette isn't playing either.

Couldn't believe that line up today.
    Wenger clearly playing for a point.
    De Bruyne walking through us. We have no defence.
    Wonder what Wenger will do now? Probably complain and wait until 70 mins when we're 3 down to change something.

Playing for a point is fine but what he put out to do that is a disgrace

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Apart from that shot just there what has Ramsey done? Sick to my stomach watching this bullshìt

Ramsey has made a couple of good tackles/ball recoveries. Özil has literally done nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Coq was the best player, not saying a lot though. He made some good tackles going back.

Lucky to be only 1 down, and we gave them that goal way too easy, some ridiculous passing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Soups123 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell Sanchez at half time he hasn't signed for City yet

He won’t be on that display either!

jester77 wrote: »
    Coq was the best player, not saying a lot though. He made some good tackles going back.

Lucky to be only 1 down, and we gave them that goal way too easy, some ridiculous passing

He would be much more effective if he wasn't our last line of defense. He should be making those tackles further up the pitch.

How is that a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just turned on....is there a reason Lacazette & Giroud are benched ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Basil3 wrote: »
    How is that a penalty.

We're ****e but that was a very very harsh peno given. Not the first or the last given against us no doubt

Never a ****ing penalty and I usual like that ref

Does Cech save pens?

Formally the end of any title chance. Meanwhile our 2 best strikers are still on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah lads it was definitely a peno.

There are a few more goals in this for city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Thank god i didn't get my sky sports connected again for the season watching this garbage!

Ah lads it was definitely a peno.

There are a few more goals in this for city.

Shoulder to shoulder. Won't matter anyway, never getting anything from this game. Title challenge over in November

Be had the arm up, should have kept it down. Made the decision easier for the ref

Goal should stand. Good man, Ramsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Iwobi and Sanchez have been absolutely dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can anyone tell me what's the point of Iwobi. I don't think he ever does anything bad, but I can't recall many occasions where he has ever added anything good to the team either. Is Wenger riding him or something, because the amount of game time he gets is far more than what he adds to the team suggests he should.

The difference in quality of the subs

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what's the point of Iwobi. I don't think he ever does anything bad, but I can't recall many occasions where he has ever added anything good to the team either. Is Wenger riding him or something, because the amount of game time he gets is far more than what he adds to the team suggests he should.

He’s placed way too much faith in countless players (many worse than Iwobi) for many years now so I’m not surprised.

What's the point in Wenger anymore. Pointless him staying on. Should be under major pressure, but isn't.

Nice goal Laca.

Come on!

• Advertisement

See Wenger when you play our top striker!

Good goal. Pity he didn't start

Wow we stumbled on something here, sign a class striker and then use him and he'll get a goal here and there

Cracking goal

Awful corners

• Advertisement

Some save by Cech.

omega man wrote: »
    Awful corners

The pitch doesn't help, there is only a foot or 2 of pitch, and then a slope

Some good saves from Cech there to keep us in it

Playing it out from the back ffs

Özil is beyond brutal today.

jester77 wrote: »
    The pitch doesn't help, there is only a foot or 2 of pitch, and then a slope

Good spot actually! Never noticed that before.

Offside.

In saying that we always lose a second or 2 by waving fcuking hands around....

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Offside

By maybe an inch? No excuse for everyone just stopping. Too many players do this nonsense of just putting their arm up, play to the whistle is taught at schoolboy level.

Did that come off an Arsenal foot? Or how the **** was he onside? I know we're brutal but an offside goal and a dodgy peno wasn't how I thought we were gonna lose this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shoff Shied

• Advertisement

Offside

Thought it was a mile off, but on the replay he was just off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

awec wrote: »
    By maybe an inch? No excuse for everyone just stopping. Too many players do this nonsense of just putting their arm up, play to the whistle is taught at schoolboy level.

He was a good half yard offside.

What drugs is Alan Smith on? No, it wasn't close, and no, it wasn't xhaka playing him onside. Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mistimed tickle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It all came from Sanchez again, f*****g about and losing the ball in our half. He should just f*** off now.

Soft peno and an offside, we've been robbed here

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He was a good half yard offside.

Which is hardly anything.

Arsenal's entire back 4 just stopped playing. Amateur hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

awec wrote: »
    Arsenal's entire back 4 just stopped playing. Amateur hour.

Exactly

It’s wasn't a really tight call. He was offside end of. Hard for linesmen in fairness.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Soft peno and an offside, we've been robbed here

We don't deserve to win, but decisions like clear offsides shouldn't happen in this day and age when a ref can be told instantly that it was offside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement