Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    I just can't see where your coming from.

He's not a number 2, he's never do it. A club needs a coach who sets the philosophy you can't put a random disciplinarian into a set up it wouldn't work and would be so disjointed.

I don't believe Lowe is the man either. I would love Allegri. I think we ideally need a young vibrant coach with new ideas to awaken the club.
    I don't know anything about any of the foreign lads as I don't watch it so I can only discuss what we have in our league. I'd love someone to come in and kick a few arses tbh. Too many players not putting in a shift and hiding in games. It needs a culture change.

I'd be happy with Dyche as well. Over Jogi and Brendan anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't know anything about any of the foreign lads as I don't watch it so I can only discuss what we have in our league. I'd love someone to come in and kick a few arses tbh. Too many players not putting in a shift and hiding in games. It needs a culture change.

Absolutely we need someone to come in and take no **** from the soft lads, we also need someone confident enough in themselves to push the board and not just be a yes man.

Looking at options within Britain currently and what's realistic I'd give Conte a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

It’s clear that everyone wants wenger gone so much that they would consider anyone to replace him. You don’t want to take a punt on the next manager, there will be choppy waters ahead and you want a man with experience in charge, not a guy who eats worms .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

wawaman wrote: »
    What I wouldn’t give for simeone to come in and kick their arses. Alas the gutless board would never make an appointment like this that’s why I’m afraid it will be Rodgers, Low or Henry.
    not sure kicking arses is the prime requisite to be a premier league manager?

It’s clear that everyone wants wenger gone so much that they would consider anyone to replace him. You don’t want to take a punt on the next manager, there will be choppy waters ahead and you want a man with experience in charge, not a guy who eats worms .

The pressure on a new man would be so much less than it would have been before, we need to find the right guy and look to get back to being a club competing and not just existing.

Getting the next guy right is huge because the club is ready for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Would there be any chance of getting Simeone out of Athletico?

Other than that Allegri or even possibly Sarri from Napoli might be good options.

greendom wrote: »
    Well mollycoddling sure ain't working at our club anyway. But carry on.

He's no real experience, his approach is very simple (burst a gut), top quality players would never subscribe to his style.

Also taking out his recent good for he's just done a very good job at Burnley taking them up, down and back up.

He's not even close to the level needed

Might be a little unfair. His defence is solid.

Well mollycoddling sure ain't working at our club anyway. But carry on.
    I want a manager that will find the best players and bring the best out of them.

Could do without the smart ass comment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Chambers at right full, Kola left full.
    Mustafi and Kos centre half.

Xhaka and Jack centre mid.
    Auba ahead of Iwobi, Ozil and Mkhytarian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not enjoying these relatively early kick offs.

Arsenal to get a not too shabby 1-1 draw.

I actually miss having Theo on the bench.

I want a manager that will find the best players and bring the best out of them.

We all want that. It's why we want rid of Wenger. We also want a disciplined team.
    Sorry for the offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

emmetlego wrote: »
    Auba ahead of Iwobi, Ozil and Mkhytarian.

Iwobi in for Ramsey. I presume he's being rested for Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Ramsey not injured and not in the squad.......I wonder why......��

I think we're all so pee'd off with the situation that we make comments sometimes that can be seen at tetchy or are tinged with tetchy! It's normal when we're so emotionally involved. Personally I think this thread has been quite good since the other thing has stopped contributing. We're all pretty much on board with the removal of Wenger ASAP. We're all Arsenal fans.

Still want to see us win today, because I think Wenger is gone either before or at the end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

At least bellerin is dropped for once.... thank fcuk

Are we that bad? He was only sacked by Sheffield Wednesday before Christmas. I’d take Rodgers before him and I really really don’t want Rodgers

Probably not ready for a big job just yet but i think he is one to watch for the future irregardless of his sacking at Sheffield Wednesday (and tbf he done a good job with them too up to this season)

• Advertisement

Rambo and Hector been saved for Thursday most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It really is soul destroying watching this team at the moment. Countless players are getting a game week in week out and offering nothing.

He was our best player the other night, imo.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    At least bellerin is dropped for once.... thank fcuk

Probably resting him?

It really is soul destroying watching this team at the moment. Countless players are getting a game week in week out and offering nothing.

Yeah, I'm prepared for an afternoon of "For f*** sake Iwobi" from everyone in the room. I've decided to let my eldest curse when he's watching Arsenal in a bid to stop him supporting Liverpool! I'll try anything. :D

Has he kids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Welbeck out, and Iwobi in. Why must we always have at least one fúckwit in the team?

Also, why are Sky Sports interviewing Sane and Hazard in the build up to an Arsenal - Brighton game?

We all want that. It's why we want rid of Wenger. We also want a disciplined team.
    Sorry for the offence.
    thats ok. Sure a manager has to command authority and respect. Thats a given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I’m sh1ttin it about playing Brighton. Brighton.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Also, why are Sky Sports interviewing Sane and Hazard in the build up to an Arsenal - Brighton game?

Because they're the main match of super Sunday. We're just the curtain-raiser.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Because they're the main match of super Sunday. We're just the curtain-raiser.

Super Sunday for the 4.00 kick off game doesn't start till 3.30. They should keep that nonsense until then. There's very few Chelsea and City fans tuning into watch us beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Henry is a terrible analyst, painful listening to him.

Great player though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What have I walked into, Sean Dyche? The guy knows how not to get relegated and make a team hard to beat. While I appreciate that we do need that steel to not get beaten so often, we need to win far more games than he's capable of. Show some ambition lads.

What have I walked into, Sean Dyche? The guy knows how not to get relegated and make a team hard to beat. While I appreciate that we do need that steel to not get beaten so often, we need to win far more games than he's capable of. Show some ambition lads.
    Give us a name then yourself.
    Hard to disagree with Danny Murphy about us at the moment or actually for years --

"The way out is change. They need to change the manager and the structure and philosophy of the way the team play. The way you get results sometimes when you are not playing well is digging in and having a scrap and playing percentages. They don’t know how to do that. They don’t have the manager or personnel. Arsenal’s problems aren’t about the last two games, in which they’ve been beaten by the best team in Europe probably. Bournemouth away, Tottenham away, Liverpool away – how many game scan we say where they haven’t shown up or shown any fight? In the summer they have to make a change."

Probably resting him?

Resting him??
    What made him tired?

Give us a name then yourself.
    I have, repeatedly. Sarri, Simeone, Jardim. People who've either won things with big clubs, or are well on their way to doing so (Sarri in that case)

I don't want the next Moyes. Nothing has shown me that Dyche is anything but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I think Low might be able to do a job for us. Ok, he hasn't done anything at club level but at least he has won a major competition with Germany.

He also seems to be handle the big egos in the German team well and they all play as a unit, something we haven't seen in Arsenal in a good few years.

If he was able to get Arsenal playing as a team again and even managed to coach the players properly (or bring someone else in to do it) I think he could be a very good fit.

I think we have a reasonably good team, they just need to play as a team and be coached and managed. Sign him on a two year deal and then chase Allegri or Simeone.

We don't need someone else for another 20 years, a "rebound" manager will do :)

I have, repeatedly. Sarri, Simeone, Jardim. People who've either won things with big clubs, or are well on their way to doing so (Sarri in that case)

I don't know those lads.
    Why compare Dyche to Moyes? He's doing well with a so-called inferior team of players and sets them up well to their strengths.

I don't know those lads.
    Why compare Dyche to Moyes? He's doing well with a so-called inferior team of players and sets them up well to their strengths.

Isn't that exactly what Moyes was doing with Everton?

I don't know those lads.

You don't know Diego Simeone? Surely not tayto, won a Liga with Atletico, two CL finals...

Jardim is the manager of Monaco, won the title ahead of moneybags PSG last year, reached a CL semi final, beat Guardiola in the process.

Sarri is Napoli manager, they could win Serie A this season. They play possibly the best looking football in the world right now, they're that good to watch. Steely too, unlike us.
    That sounds exactly like Moyes at Everton :D

• Advertisement

Anyone of those would a great choice. I like Allegri but I'd love us to try Jardim I think he offers something different and would suit the few quality players we do have.

We will not be short of options and need to go nowhere near a Rodgers or Dyche

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I’m sh1ttin it about playing Brighton. Brighton.

It's mad when at this level can you genuinely say a good beating here today could actually bring the club forward.

I'm torn between getting beat to crank up the pressure to full notch on Wenger

And

Wanting to see my team win

Quazzie wrote: »
    Isn't that exactly what Moyes was doing with Everton?

But your assuming that Dyche would fail with better players and a better budget. We cannot assume that at all.

Anyone of those would a great choice. I like Allegri but I'd love us to try Jardim I think he offers something different and would suit the few quality players we do have.

We will not be short of options and need to go nowhere near a Rodgers or Dyche

Oh I forgot Allegri. Yes please. Or Conte if Chelsea decide to get rid.

It's made when st this level can you genuinely say a good beating here today could actually bring the club forward.

I'm torn between getting beat to crank up the pressure to full notch on Wenger

And

Wanting to see my team win
    I want change but hate seeing the team lose.
    C'mon you Gunners.

Feck me !!!
    Did he just say that we lost more games this year than any other team?

Feck me !!!
    Did he just say that we lost more games this year than any other team?

I think they mean since the start of 2018, so yeah.... Probably true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Looks like we're going to get some kind of Arsenal performance today. Ozil looks switched on for once. I'm not holding my breath though.

Started well enough.

• Advertisement

Whatever accelerates change would be best outcome. If that means a defeat than fair enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement