Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

salmocab wrote: »
    This is so painful at this stage, any other club would have him gone by now but you just know that they will keep him for at least the rest of the season.

where so fcuked now we'l prob give him an extension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Needs to be an organised boycott of the next couple of Home games. Ye need to take your club back.

Should have happened a few years ago. I can't see it happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Cech personally taking the blame for today on social media. Fair play to him but it’s Wenger who should be apologising along with the club.

What are the chances of Giroud coming off the bench later to crush Man City, it's just such an Arsenal story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Should have happened a few years ago. I can't see it happening now.

No chance it will happen.

The club have secured themselves in the set up. Season tickets priced out of a lot of the local genuine supports range, day trip volumes huge encouraging spend, overload of corporate. Is all about money nothing is about creating a repetitive committed fan base.

Is not the same crowd week in week out which allows what's happening to continue as it never gets septic enough and the day trippers want to just enjoy the day and experience.

I'm not sure the club can recover unless it changes its owner.

• Advertisement

Would love Usmanov the come and clean the lot of them out on their arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger will probably hang on until Thur hoping for a good result.
    He really should be sacked and I wouldn't agree with him staying on in the club in any other capacity. That would make it very hard for a new manager to cope with.
    A clean break is necessary.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Would love Usmanov the come and clean the lot of them out on their arse

Although he’d probably give Wenger an extension. He seems to be a big fan. Wenger could blow his billions on sh1t players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Best my thing they could do now is come out and announce he'll be leaving at the end of the season. Takes the pressure off and will give his a farewell lap.

omega man wrote: »
    Although he’d probably give Wenger an extension. He seems to be a big fan. Wenger could blow his billions on sh1t players.

Not now he used to say he'd give him the money to do it right but that excuse is gone and he was also playing safe and not wanting to be the big bad new owner taking out the clubs manager who at the time still had a big following.

He'd dump him now I think

• Advertisement

What did Wenger say in his interview after the latest debacle?

Some cringe inducing stuff on social media above and beyond his usual cliches like physicality etc

Apparently this is one of his quotes

https://twitter.com/ArsenalFanTV/status/970335072892194817?s=19

You've got to laugh, he's lost the plot.

We are physically tired
    Playing Sunday Thursday Sunday is impossible
    Blames having cup finals in the middle of a season
    Confidence is low so making mistakes
    That we are just in a bad run of form, first time ever in his lifetime apparently
    The way we like to play it takes time to find rhythm but teams keep scoring
    He doesn't want to be hard on players because they are feeling down
    Top 4 now gone
    His future isn't a matter for discussion ya da ya da

I think he knows he has lost the dressing room and the fans but doesn't care too much as the club won't sack him

Just looking at the table there is so damning of where we are. We've conceded 41 goals this season in the league, bottom placed West Brom have conceded just two more at 43.

We've also conceded more goals than both Manchester United AND Manchester City combined.

Wow. What a shít show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Is Wenger still in charge?

Is Wenger still in charge?

No but in a new development Wenger has bought the club and rebranded as Arsène Football Club. He doesn’t need a contract now.

Jesus I wish we had Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Well that's the title gone for the season

Well that's the title gone for the season

Mathematically impossible now :(

• Advertisement

He’s lost the plot

@jamesbenge
    Here is the full quote on Arsenal's 'pants' performance: “When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take them trousers off as well. When you’re naked completely you have to find a shirt and try to put it on again and then you’re dressed normally again."
    5:22 PM - Mar 4, 2018

He’s lost the plot

@jamesbenge
    Here is the full quote on Arsenal's 'pants' performance: “When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take them trousers off as well. When you’re naked completely you have to find a shirt and try to put it on again and then you’re dressed normally again."

Hilarious.

I wonder when he said it, it wasn't in the post-match interview on sky, anyway.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Hilarious.

I wonder when he said it, it wasn't in the post-match interview on sky, anyway.

He did say something about being naked in the post match I couldn't figure it out at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He’s lost the plot

@jamesbenge
    what was the question - or the context?

He’s lost the plot

@jamesbenge
    He's completely bonkers. He should be sectioned.

Since new year we have lost to

Notts Forest
    Bournemouth
    Swansea
    Spurs
    Ostersunds
    City
    City
    Brighton

This is Arsenal, look at the majority of these teams it's an absolute disgrace. It's not a run of tough games it's a very manageable set of games for the most part. We put zero fight up again City twice!

Surely an owner would protect his investment

greendom wrote: »

He was being questioned about being able to turn the team around etc and if he thought he was the man to do it

greendom wrote: »

It was the full post match conference. Go to the 4th minute.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9XJYKKPh5g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Soups123 wrote: »
    Since new year we have lost to

Notts Forest
    Bournemouth
    Swansea
    Spurs
    Ostersunds
    City
    City
    Brighton

This is Arsenal, look at the majority of these teams it's an absolute disgrace. It's not a run of tough games it's a very manageable set of games for the most part. We put zero fight up again City twice!

Surely an owner would protect his investment

The majority of them games have been away too. If you look at the calendar year of 2017 the points accumulated away from home have been abysmal. This problem has been going on for the best part of 14 months now. The team can lose to practically anyone away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man i don't give a **** give Henry a go till the end of the season nothing to lose at this stage

The majority of them games have been away too. If you look at the calendar year of 2017 the points accumulated away from home have been abysmal. This problem has been going on for the best part of 14 months now. The team can lose to practically anyone away from home.

It wasn't that long ago we had the best away record in the league, I think. Maybe season before last?

Man i don't give a **** give Henry a go till the end of the season nothing to lose at this stage

Rather Bould until the end of the season. Henry has no experience.

Bould should go with Wenger he's just as accountable

Reckon he has very little say. No way such a great defender has our defence coached like that. He’ll be gone anyway when new man comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

wonga77 wrote: »
    I could live with the results if we were someway entertaining to watch but it's pure muck. It's a chore to watch us now

Agree with you. Was going to say its still more of a chore watching united, but I suppose they can at least say they're getting results

• Advertisement

Bould is sat there next to him watching the same ****e all season , The way he played shows he does absolutely nothing on the training field , The bould I used to know would have half of them by the throat , he's probably allowed lay out the cones and be happy for that

Don't know who all are responsible so a complete clear-out is needed.

Bould is sat there next to him watching the same ****e all season , The way he played shows he does absolutely nothing on the training field , The bould I used to know would have half of them by the throat , he's probably allowed lay out the cones and be happy for that

So why appoint Henry then?

You know Wenger has complete control. Bould’s career will ultimately pay the price though because of it. He should have stood aside if in fact he wasn’t given enough input particular defence wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Martin Keown worth a shot?

So why appoint Henry then?

You know Wenger has complete control. Bould’s career will ultimately pay the price though because of it. He should have stood aside if in fact he wasn’t given enough input particular defence wise.

Handy money i'd say.
    If I was paid good money to sit beside the boss and say nothing it would be hard to turn it down.

• Advertisement

Would take the head grounds man at this point ffs

I'm on about as Care taker til the end of the season, The fans love him and will get behind him and he'll have the players back on side I'm sure of it , and as I said it can't get any worse the way things are at the moment and will give the club a couple of months to sort a long term replacement , Bould is too ingrained in the current regime

Doesn't matter who we suggest. Wenger won't leave.

I'm on about as Care taker til the end of the season, The fans love him and will get behind him and he'll have the players back on side I'm sure of it , and as I said it can't get any worse the way things are at the moment and will give the club a couple of months to sort a long term replacement , Bould is too ingrained in the current regime

I know what you’re saying but I’d take a number of other ex players before Henry as caretaker. Think he’s a bit of a spoofer if I’m honest based on his punditry on sky. That along with no coaching experience (other than his Belgium role) makes it a no for me.

Im breaking my own self imposed ban here but i've calmed down a bit now. 100% agreed here. Even Keeping Bould as a janitor would be rewarding failure.
    Wenger, Bould, Primorac, Jens and whoever else is involved with the coaching should be axed with immediate effect. A dud and his yes men.

Im breaking my own self imposed ban here but i've calmed down a bit now. 100% agreed here. Even Keeping Bould as a janitor would be rewarding failure.
    Wenger, Bould, Primorac, Jens and whoever else is involved with the coaching should be axed with immediate effect. A dud and his yes men.

When did you ban yourself? I missed it! :D

Give it to big Sol. He's been moaning about not getting a proper managerial job.

Give it to big Sol. He's been moaning about not getting a proper managerial job.

That’ll show him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I'd like someone with zero loyalty to anyone at the club to come in and do what needs to be done.

☀️

Basil3 wrote: »
    When did you ban yourself? I missed it! :D

:D

After the latest sh1t show i said id tune back in when Wenger was sacked which hopefully and should be by this evening.

Nothing yet but im actually optimistic the end is finally nigh. I expect him to be gone very soon tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement