Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭allinthehead

:D

After the latest sh1t show i said id tune back in when Wenger was sacked which hopefully and should be by this evening.

Nothing yet but im actually optimistic the end is finally nigh. I expect him to be gone very soon tbh.

Agreed it does feel a little different this time.

☀️

Agreed it does feel a little different this time.

That head bow right after the first or second goal says alot. I think with Hill-wood publicly declaring that Wenger has overstayed his welcome, while PHW no longer has power to make a decision, I do believe that this is greatly indicative of the general consensus amongst the board of directors.

TELEMMGLPICT000156313628_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-zjSSL8_ZyzfxtOgEEtAhenYstZHdPbZ5FmCKPiBr9Q.jpeg?imwidth=450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

That head bow right after the first or second goal says alot. I think with Hill-wood publicly declaring that Wenger has overstayed his welcome, while PHW no longer has power to make a decision, I do believe that this is greatly indicative of the general consensus amongst the board of directors.

TELEMMGLPICT000156313628_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-zjSSL8_ZyzfxtOgEEtAhenYstZHdPbZ5FmCKPiBr9Q.jpeg?imwidth=450

It'll come down to Milan on Thursday, I think.

A heavy defeat there and I think he will be gone.

Due to extremely tragic circumstances, the Milan derby was cancelled. Which means Milan have more time off and will be in better condition for Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Vieira would be an amazing shout aswell I think and realistic and he has the expeirience (even if it is MLS)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Vieira would be an amazing shout aswell I think and realistic and he has the expeirience (even if it is MLS)

Imagine he’d want a permanent long term contract though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Doubt you’re surprised Tayto?

Club will wait and see how the europa cup goes I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Time for the board to show some balls and get rid. He's clearly not taking the hint and won't go of his own accord.
    Problem is that the board have nobody with the nerve to sack him. Its a very undignified ending to what could have been if he had walked a few seasons ago.
    The writing has been on the wall for a long time with this though, just how much longer we have to endure is anyone's guess

Yeah, well when questioned if he can turn it around, he's hardly going to say "I have no idea", or "No way, I'm outta here".

One thing is clear, he needs to be given a push. Who has the power and the will to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, well when questioned if he can turn it around, he's hardly going to say "I have no idea", or "No way, I'm outta here".

One thing is clear, he needs to be given a push. Who has the power and the will to do it?

Stan has the power but not the will.
    He's too busy watching the money roll in to give a sh1t about our club.

I'm thinking they will give him the Europa matches just until we're out of that last competition.
    If the don't do it then well it's up to the fans to cause as much disruption as possible.

Basil3 wrote: »

I reckon young Kroenke could be crucial in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Best thing is just announce he's gone at the end of the season.

Best thing is just announce he's gone at the end of the season.

No way....SACK HIM NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No way....SACK HIM NOW.

Yep he needs removal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep now now now

Won't happen lads

Won't happen lads

Im beginning to think it could be on the horizon tbh. The board are being very very quiet here. I think he could be gone tomorrow and if not possibly Friday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Im beginning to think it could be on the horizon tbh. The board are being very very quiet here. I think he could be gone tomorrow and if not possibly Friday morning.

I'd say it's more likely Conte could be gone by next weekend tbh.

I don't see the Arsenal board pulling the trigger until the end of the season.

I'm almost certain he's gone at the end of the season. They may announce that he's leaving soon though, which would be a good thing.

And the board are always very very quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's not happening.

Wenger pretty much runs the board. He's also said this week that it's 'always been up to him' when he goes. These results change nothing.

He will have to be removed by a fan boycott.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

RTÉ news headline: Thierry Henry: I would always say yes to Arsenal

But he has no experience and actually comes across as quite immature. Keown would be a strong choice as caretaker til the end of the season IMO.

I used to think wenger would spend the last year of his contract blooding a new manager to take over the reigns but **** that. We’re way beyond that now.

I also used to think that once wenger goes, any trophies we win after his departure would be down to him in a major way. I also think we’re beyond that now too.

This is a really sad situation given how great a manager he was.

Yesterday’s game was dreadful. Partly because we lost but mostly because of how badly we played.

I would be amazed if the club sack him, and even more amazed if he was to go before the Milan tie is settled. It would be very un-Arsenal like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

RTÉ news headline: Thierry Henry: I would always say yes to Arsenal

But he has no experience and actually comes across as quite immature. Keown would be a strong choice as caretaker til the end of the season IMO.

I used to think wenger would spend the last year of his contract blooding a new manager to take over the reigns but **** that. We’re way beyond that now.

I also used to think that once wenger goes, any trophies we win after his departure would be down to him in a major way. I also think we’re beyond that now too.

This is a really sad situation given how great a manager he was.

Yesterday’s game was dreadful. Partly because we lost but mostly because of how badly we played.

I would be amazed if the club sack him, and even more amazed if he was to go before the Milan tie is settled. It would be very un-Arsenal like.

I'm almost certain he's gone at the end of the season. They may announce that he's leaving soon though, which would be a good thing.

And the board are always very very quiet!
    He will go at the end of the season unless we lose heavily to Milan or the team keep losing, that could force the board to act quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Haha your more deluded than Wenger! 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'm thinking they will give him the Europa matches just until we're out of that last competition.
    If the don't do it then well it's up to the fans to cause as much disruption as possible.

It has to be in motion, but I can't see them announcing anything until they have a replacement lined up & even then they will probably just announce him moving but not the name of the replacement. The original game plan was for him to move upstairs despite him wanting to continue management. I suppose there are still clubs that will grab him, but I wonder now if the clubs or his plans have changed in that respect ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I honestly think the best we can hope for is they let him announce he’s leaving at seasons end and they can quietly go about getting a replacement.

The problem is if the unlikely happened and he pulled the europa cup out of the bag he’d look for and get another extension. He’s had 3 opportunities to go out on a high i.e., FA cups so he’d do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

LOL! Everton plans on signing Wenger if he leaves Arsenal. Everton could do a better job than hiring the old dinosaur >_<

omega man wrote: »
    The problem is if the unlikely happened and he pulled the europa cup out of the bag he’d look for and get another extension. He’s had 3 opportunities to go out on a high i.e., FA cups so he’d do it again.

That is not going to happen. Wenger is a busted flush.

5star02707 wrote: »
    LOL! Everton plans on signing Wenger if he leaves Arsenal. Everton could do a better job than hiring the old dinosaur >_<

Just because Wenger is past it in terms of the top echelon of teams doesn't mean he couldn't do a job at somewhere like Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

omega man wrote: »

The FA cup and Europa are miles apart in terms of quality of opposition. No way in hell can he win this with the team we have and the way we're playing at the moment. Milan will do us like Bayern did last year and that should be the final nail in the coffin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Paddy Power have paid out on Wenger to be the next PL manager sacked. Not reading into it too much but wonder if it's simply a stunt or are there rumours floating about.

Paddy Power have paid out on Wenger to be the next PL manager sacked. Not reading into it too much but wonder if it's simply a stunt or are there rumours floating about.
    Ha ha i'd say one punter had a fiver on it. Advertising stunt if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Yeah you're probably right. Although I don't think non-Arsenal fans truly know how unsackable he seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ha ha i'd say one punter had a fiver on it. Advertising stunt if I ever saw one.

It's also their way of not accepting bets on it too. They've done this before. He is red hot fav to be gone next in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

emmetlego wrote: »
    It's also their way of not accepting bets on it too. They've done this before. He is red hot fav to be gone next in fairness!

I haven't looked at any markets but I'd be astonished if he's a shorter price than Pardew.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I haven't looked at any markets but I'd be astonished if he's a shorter price than Pardew.

Fair comment, thankfully that man doesn't occupy much of my headspace, so I never considered him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

2ndcoming wrote: »

It was generally 4/6 Pardew and 5/1 Wenger, but looks like a few have paid out on Wenger. Publicity I'd say rather than info.

it must be great to be Wenger.

he's immune to the vitriol; sure he can pay to live in a bubble where he can ignore the fans.

imagine being paid €10m a year; getting a pay rise after failing to get into the top 4 for the first time in years, AFTER the stadium is paid off and the club is supposed to be able to compete.

imagine promising to compete with Bayern Munich, and failing repeatedly, but keeping your job.

imagine being able to decide yourself when you leave one of the best paid jobs in world football.

fúcking hell, it must be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

It was generally 4/6 Pardew and 5/1 Wenger, but looks like a few have paid out on Wenger. Publicity I'd say rather than info.

Nah its info for sure...I saw Stan down the local Ladbrokes with a massive wad of cash last night,trying to get a bet on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

That is not going to happen. Wenger is a busted flush.

If it did happen, it would be an absolute fluke. There is nothing in Wengers locker to suggest he can turn the club around. The inconsistency is ingrained in the whole set up. A good result, a bad result, mediocrity at best. I cannot believe he is still in the managers job.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just because Wenger is past it in terms of the top echelon of teams doesn't mean he couldn't do a job at somewhere like Everton.

The man is a complete fruit cake now.
    I can't see anyone touching him.

" the referee did not give enough time for us to get back into the game, I say this to the referee and he asked me why did I want more time" and this at 3 down.

Complete nut job.

The man is a complete fruit cake now.

Complete nut job.

No doubt he's finished, but I don't think he's suddenly turned into a lunatic. I think his latest quotes are the dying gasping breaths of a desperate man.

emmetlego wrote: »
    No doubt he's finished, but I don't think he's suddenly turned into a lunatic. I think his latest quotes are the dying gasping breaths of a desperate man.

He's coming out with nonsensical stuff like you might hear in a nursing home.

Too young for nursing homes, but I'll take your word for it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I get we all want him gone as manager but could we at least show the man some respect instead of implying he is senile or has some mental illness

wawaman wrote: »
    I get we all want him gone as manager but could we at least show the man some respect instead of implying he is senile or has some mental illness
    Did you hear the interview? I posted it yesterday.

PS

Good man Ol' Donie. I thought you got lost in the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

PS

Reading your posts, it's like I was never away.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Readibg your posts, it's like I was never away.
    I thought you were in hiding alright.

PS

The interview was bizarre, but you know the point he was trying to make. It was just a strange analogy to use.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement