Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    The interview was bizarre, but you know the point he was trying to make. It was just a strange analogy to use.

Not that one. It was really bizarre.

This is the one where he complained about the ref not giving enough injury time and us 3 down. I'd say the ref thought it was a mad question to be asked.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/968219131152486400

Wengers analogy reminds me of a Simpsons scene.. This could be what happens when he does finally get fired :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The interview was bizarre, but you know the point he was trying to make. It was just a strange analogy to use.

Strange? It was more in the bat sh1t crazy category.

Agree about the senile stuff, it’s a bit much regardless of how some feel about the man. It’s still only a sport.

Not sure how accurate these comments are from Lee Dixon but very believable.

Chris Davison
    @c11davison
    Lee Dixon says Wenger surrounds himself with people who don’t say anything to him and that’s not healthy and doesn't work at all.
    7:35 PM - Mar 5, 2018

Chris Davison
    @c11davison
    Dixon says Wenger doesn’t coach the players and doesn't stop players in training to tell them when they’re doing something wrong - “that’s not his skill-set”. Also says he hasn't given Steve Bould the freedom he wanted when coaching the team.
    7:39 PM - Mar 5, 2018

Anyone find out why Ramsey was left out of the squad yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

omega man wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate these comments are from Lee Dixon but very believable.

Chris Davison
    @c11davison
    Lee Dixon says Wenger surrounds himself with people who don’t say anything to him and that’s not healthy and doesn't work at all.
    7:35 PM - Mar 5, 2018

Chris Davison
    @c11davison
    Dixon says Wenger doesn’t coach the players and doesn't stop players in training to tell them when they’re doing something wrong - “that’s not his skill-set”. Also says he hasn't given Steve Bould the freedom he wanted when coaching the team.
    7:39 PM - Mar 5, 2018

None of that surprises me, You can tell by his demeanour on the sideline that he's not really an in your face hands on manager.
    I'm disappointed by bould, didn't seem to be the type to be a yes man but he is obviously.
    As much as I want Wenger out, the yes men he has surrounding him are just as bad

Anyone find out why Ramsey was left out of the squad yesterday?

I dunno, but there are rumours that he spoke out against Wenger, and also that he'll be sold in the summer since he only has just over a year left on his contract.

I'll be more pissed off if he leaves than many of our other departures in recent years.

wonga77 wrote: »
    None of that surprises me, You can tell by his demeanour on the sideline that he's not really an in your face hands on manager.
    I'm disappointed by bould, didn't seem to be the type to be a yes man but he is obviously.
    As much as I want Wenger out, the yes men he has surrounding him are just as bad

I have no problems with him not being an in your face manager. Personally I don't believe the best way of getting the most out of players is screaming at them or making them live in fear of repercussions if they do something wrong.

One thing is clear, though. Whatever he is doing ain't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I dunno, but there are rumours that he spoke out against Wenger, and also that he'll be sold in the summer since he only has just over a year left on his contract.

I'll be more pissed off if he leaves than many of our other departures in recent years.

Why?

Hes another overhyped part of wengers failure.

Why?

Hes another overhyped part of wengers failure.

I think he has more heart than virtually anyone else in the team.

He will have no shortage of suitors, in any case.

• Advertisement

I have no problems with him not being an in your face manager. Personally I don't believe the best way of getting the most out of players is screaming at them or making them live in fear of repercussions if they do something wrong.

One thing is clear, though. Whatever he is doing ain't working.

Ah yeah I agree to a point but there has to be a happy medium somewhere. Our players look so so lost at times, he never seems to be out there giving any sort of direction. Only sitting with his hands in his pockets...

Haha I was wondering what tipped you over the edge!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

disappointed with Dixon. Talk about kicking a man while he's down. Thought he had a bit more integrity than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

greendom wrote: »
    disappointed with Dixon. Talk about kicking a man while he's down. Thought he had a bit more integrity than that.

WHAT???

Sweet God, He's done, gone, finished, kaput, over and out, dying FFS... He only has himself to blame. His 9 mill a year salary is what keeps him on. He's a bluffer. Why would an ex player defend the indefensible?

Greendom, you need a lie down and a big pack of some class of A drugs! Integrity??? Wenger lost his a few years ago. Why would an ex player support him... I
    I
    I
    I
    I give up

emmetlego wrote: »

WHAT???

Sweet God, He's done, gone, finished, kaput, over and out, dying FFS... He only has himself to blame. His 9 mill a year salary is what keeps him on. He's a bluffer. Why would an ex player defend the indefensible?

Greendom, you need a lie down and a big pack of some class of A drugs! Integrity??? Wenger lost his a few years ago. Why would an ex player support him... I
    I
    I
    I
    I give up
    You don't see ex-players from other clubs laying into their former managers. Why do ours feel the need?
    Especially now, at the lowest point in his career. Jumping on the bandwagon with all the other pundits is just not on imo. They shouldn't be fuelling the media with more ammunition to damage the club and allow it to be mocked.

Thank God the club still has ex-players that act properly such as Bob Wilson and Dave Seaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You are kidding me, what we need is more high profile names linked to the club standing up and highlighting that Wenger is past it and should stand down. And if he doesn't listen then the criticism should get more pointed and passionate!

Surprised yes, disappointed certainly not.

If they are indeed his words it must be bad as Dixon never talked out of turn with respect to Wenger.

You don't see ex-players from other clubs laying into their former managers. Why do ours feel the need?
    Especially now, at the lowest point in his career. Jumping on the bandwagon with all the other pundits is just not on imo. They shouldn't be fuelling the media with more ammunition to damage the club and allow it to be mocked.

Thank God the club still has ex-players that act properly such as Bob Wilson and Dave Seaman

Other managers dont continously embarrass themselves and the club with humiliating defeat after defeat. This nonsense has gone on years and these players are sick of seeing the club being dragged through shít to serve this clueless has-beens ego. Come out of 2002, its now 2018.

Cant vouch for the accuracy of this but he'd be pretty much correct in his summation and he is a right back that would know.

https://twitter.com/MrDtAFC/status/970746529182113793

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

L'prof wrote: »

Not showing up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not showing up for me.

Fixed

Lee Dixon has got very vocal all of a sudden. He must have reached the tipping point too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wonga77 wrote: »
    Lee Dixon has got very vocal all of a sudden. He must have reached the tipping point too

He's never been shy to speak in the past in fairness.

It now does in fact appear that as we’ve discussed before, Wenger doesn’t analyse opponents and expects his players to work things out for themselves on the day with limited instructions. With no real leaders or strong personalities on the pitch this philosophy is exposed. Sooner he’s gone the sooner we can see what this group of players can do.

• Advertisement

It now does in fact appear that as we’ve discussed before, Wenger doesn’t analyse opponents and expects his players to work things out for themselves on the day with limited instructions. With no real leaders or strong personalities on the pitch this philosophy is exposed. Sooner he’s gone the sooner we can see what this group of players can do.
    What does Wenger actually do apart from taking the big wage?

What does Wenger actually do apart from taking the big wage?

Runs the club!

According to Arseblog, he has told people around the club that he will not be stepping down at the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Read this earlier, interesting point.

I believe the worst thing that could of ever happened to Wenger was the Emirates. When Arsenal left Highbury, it was as if Wenger believed old Arsenal and it's rich history died with it. Somehow his ego and narcissistic tendencies came to the fore-front, and he believed that Arsenal FC, had become Arséne FC, and the Emirates was "his" empire, where it was inconceivable that he might be wrong!And that regrettably is still the case today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

According to Arseblog, he has told people around the club that he will not be stepping down at the end of the year.

not really much of a surprise. He needs to have the decision taken out of his hands. Trusting the board to do that is another story. Their inaction and silence in all this is disgraceful aswell

• Advertisement

Time to hire the hitman so.

Time to hire the hitman so.

There’s a Russian chap in the uk at the moment apparently....

There’s a Russian chap in the uk at the moment apparently....
    He's a gas man too.:D

That’s fantastic stuff gentlemen!!! First time in an age where I’ve actually laughed on this thread!!! Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭rodders999

The defeat that finally heralds his demise will be one of the greatest results in the club’s history.

That’s some serious irony for you right there....but it's 100% true.

rodders999 wrote: »
    The defeat that finally heralds his demise will be one of the greatest results in the club’s history.

That’s some serious irony for you right there....but it's 100% true.

Will you be cheering on Milan on Thursday ? Hoping for another Cech or Ospina error, another misplaced pass from Kos or terrible open goal miscue from Welbeck ?

That's something I could never do, much as I want a new manager.

Will you be cheering on Milan on Thursday ? Hoping for another Cech or Ospina error, another misplaced pass from Kos or terrible open goal miscue from Welbeck ?

That's something I could never do, much as I want a new manager.

The players are perfectly capable of screwing up themselves without supporters help!

Personally I’m torn but not comfortable with hoping for a defeat.

The players are perfectly capable of screwing up themselves without supporters help!

Personally I’m torn but not comfortable with hoping for a defeat.
    I hate when we lose BUT if it brings it to a head then what odds as we're going nowhere fast. Will still be shouting for us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

I wouldn't want us to lose but I really couldn't give a sh1te if we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I believe the worst thing that could of ever happened to Wenger was the Emirates. When Arsenal left Highbury, it was as if Wenger believed old Arsenal and it's rich history died with it. Somehow his ego and narcissistic tendencies came to the fore-front, and he believed that Arsenal FC, had become Arséne FC, and the Emirates was "his" empire, where it was inconceivable that he might be wrong!And that regrettably is still the case today.

Without wenger arsenal have no history. Their greatest spell came under the man and that is something lost fans forget.

Yes he needs to live on but people need to still show him a bit if respect for what bye brought you guys.

Things may have went backwards under him but they certainly went forwards because of him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mr.H wrote: »
    Without wenger arsenal have no history. Their greatest spell came under the man and that is something lost fans forget.

Yes he needs to live on but people need to still show him a bit if respect for what bye brought you guys.

Things may have went backwards under him but they certainly went forwards because of him

Sends his regards....

george-graham-main_0_0.jpg?itok=UhKdiF7_&c=b5573862cced0966947d6647769b4219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Without wenger arsenal have no history.

I stopped reading your bull**** right here.

Also sends his regards

25733_big.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

At the point he took over, weren't Arsenal England's second most successful team behind Liverpool?

Bertie Mee deserves a lot of credit too.
    I saw them at WHL winning the league and they completed the double 5 days later.
    He also knew when it was time to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Without wenger arsenal have no history.

What are you talking about? You clearly don't have a clue about the history of Arsenal.

What are you talking about? You clearly don't have a clue about the history of Arsenal.
    He's only trying to wind us up. Bit of fun i'd safely say.:D

He's only trying to wind us up. Bit of fun i'd safely say.:D

He forgot a couple though such as....

Arsene FC not Arsenal FC

and

1996 not 1886

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is that you arsene

• Advertisement

:eek:

Arsenal won TEN league titles, 5 FA cups, two league cups, a Fairs Cup (pre runner to Europa league) and the Cup winners cup before Wenger arrived. What the fúck are you on about?

Where is the respect to those who led the club before Wenger? Do your research

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement