Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Perhaps PSG will want a new manager now. Hint hint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

omega man wrote: »
    Perhaps PSG will want a new manager now. Hint hint

real probably too & Bayern.

Least arsenal have first dibs on Rodgers & dyche :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

batistuta9 wrote: »
    real probably too & Bayern.

Least arsenal have first dibs on Rodgers & dyche :D

There's a decent chance that chap managing the tots will be off to Real Madrid if they (RM) fail to win the CL so potentially that's 3* London clubs looking to replace managers if Chelsea get rid of Conte....

Be interesting to see how potential managers will grade the clubs in attractiveness ATM what with Location being an even starting point.

* I still strongly suspect AW will still be the Arsenal manager next season unfortunately as IMO there's no one at board level with the ambition & power to replace him.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

The only thing businesses care about is money. The only way Wenger will get the boot is if fans stop going to matches and hence revenue will decrease. Otherwise we're stuck with him for another season

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

physioman wrote: »
    The only thing businesses care about is money. The only way Wenger will get the boot is if fans stop going to matches and hence revenue will decrease. Otherwise we're stuck with him for another season

THIS ^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

reason why I haven;t attended a game in the Emirates this season. Don't think it's worth flying over there and see them perform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Mr.H wrote: »
    Without wenger arsenal have no history. Their greatest spell came under the man and that is something lost fans forget.

Yes he needs to live on but people need to still show him a bit if respect for what bye brought you guys.

Things may have went backwards under him but they certainly went forwards because of him

WTF !!! Has to be a WUM ..... Royal Arsenal , Woolwich Arsenal etc etc but you are right , Arsenal have no history !!

so how would people feel about Conte getting the job ?
    A distinct possibility if he leaves Chelsea. Knows the Prem League. I would not be against it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

5star02707 wrote: »
    reason why I haven;t attended a game in the Emirates this season. Don't think it's worth flying over there and see them perform

exact same here and was offered some cheap packages too but no point or desire to go out of my way to see them
    so how would people feel about Conte getting the job ?
    A distinct possibility if he leaves Chelsea. Knows the Prem League. I would not be against it

not sure on him its like he's leaving a burnt pan and being thrown straight into a fire , i think we need a fresh start from someone out of the prem league :)

Simeone would be my dream but i think the dream is more realistic :)

Simeone would be great, even just for the entertainment value alone and I'm not talking about the football played !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

physioman wrote: »

Huge loss of income if no champions league again. That could push them over the edge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

greendom wrote: »
    Huge loss of income if no champions league again. That could push them over the edge.

Might not even get Europa. It's all about the money, and the TV deals, Champions League are more important than the gate revenue at this stage. Europa League money is a consolation prize, but still worth having.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Might not even get Europa. It's all about the money, and the TV deals, Champions League are more important than the gate revenue at this stage. Europa League money is a consolation prize, but still worth having.

I thought we were guaranteed Europa as losers of Carabao Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Basil3 wrote: »
    I thought we were guaranteed Europa as losers of Carabao Cup?
    UEFA Europa League third qualifying round

League Cup winners

If the League Cup winners have already qualified for Europe by a high Premier League finish, then the next highest-finishing Premier League club gets this place.

From what I found online, looks like whoever finishes 6th gets to go into the playoff, not who losses the final.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    From what I found online, looks like whoever finishes 6th gets to go into the playoff, not who losses the final.

I think either way we'd be fine. We'd have to drop to 7th to miss out....or possibly 8th if the FA Cup is also won by a top 4 side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think either way we'd be fine. We'd have to drop to 7th to miss out....or possibly 8th if the FA Cup is also won by a top 4 side.

TBH, I'd nearly prefer if Chelsea didnt have the EL to worry about but being 13 pts ahead of Burnley, its highly unlikely we've be caught with 9 games to go. :o

Being in it from day one is a PITA, good to play the younger/benched players but means youre playing Sunday or Monday after a Thursday trek to the far east, its never worth it until you get to about the semi final stage, then youd want to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I found this when looking on BBC sport.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip Under the best of the gossip. Wenger believes he is the best man to take the club forward according to The Times.

Can he really believe that? A scary thought and if true, an even scarier prospect. Just push the self destruct button now at the club. I cannot imagine what else Wenger can do to bring the club forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I see Marcus McGuane looks set to make his Barcelona debut on Wednesday in the Super cup, first Englishman since Lineker in '89.

Saw him a good few times in the reserves and was surprised we let him go, but fair dues to the lad, hope he does well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Bellerin didn't travel to Milan due to knee problem hmm?

I see Marcus McGuane looks set to make his Barcelona debut on Wednesday in the Super cup, first Englishman since Lineker in '89.

Saw him a good few times in the reserves and was surprised we let him go, but fair dues to the lad, hope he does well.

I don't think we had much choice in the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

5star02707 wrote: »
    Bellerin didn't travel to Milan due to knee problem hmm?

Bellerin had a row with Wenger over team selection for last Sun. Saw it on BBC.
    Did Ramsey go?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't think we had much choice in the matter.

Even kids are wise to us at this stage, we're a go nowhere club

Did Ramsey go?

https://twitter.com/aaronramsey/status/971395487764041728?s=19

Seems he has travelled.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Even kids are wise to us at this stage, we're a go nowhere club

It's not like he went to Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Apparently psg want wenger. Wenger would ruin that club lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Apparently psg want wenger. Wenger would ruin that club lol

That's the exact opposite of everything I've heard and read over the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Who here is actually going to set aside some time to watch arsenal play tomorrow on TV? I I'm not. Gunna go about my evening business and if im free by 7pm I'll catch the 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Who here is actually going to set aside some time to watch arsenal play tomorrow on TV? I I'm not. Gunna go about my evening business and if im free by 7pm I'll catch the 2nd half

Good for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Be sure to drop by to say LOL if it's not going well for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just cause we're playing bad and under Wenger we are still the Arsenal so I'll be watching , not too hopeful mind but ya I'm still gonna watch

and while im here throw us a few questions for tommorow nights podcast after the game please :D episode 19 we'll be going through VAR aswell as other bits and pieces

Did Ramsey go?

Calling BS on that. If he did it would be because he didn't start against Brighton not team selection as a whole. He has an injured knee and is expected to miss a few matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Calling BS on that. If he did it would be because he didn't start against Brighton not team selection as a whole. He has an injured knee and is expected to miss a few matches.

If he's injured then he shouldn't be in the squad let alone play the last few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Allegri please and thank you.

wonga77 wrote: »
    If he's injured then he shouldn't be in the squad let alone play the last few minutes.

The injury is why he's not going to Milan, not because he didn't start against Brighton.

Schaudenfreude is a good feeling. Won't last long though as I'm sure we'll be embarrassed tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Allegri please and thank you.

At least you can always rely on them to make you smile 😊

• Advertisement

I read it on BBC Sports Football yesterday. I don't know if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Always had a soft spot for Juve... Buffon... Dybala... Higuain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

wawaman wrote: »
    At least you can always rely on them to make you smile 😊

I wasn't even focusing on Spurs tbf. More marvelling at Juves sheer will in the end, something we utterly lack.

I wasn't even focusing on Spurs tbf. More marvelling at Juves sheer will in the end, something we utterly lack.

They have a never say die attitude and a tremendous belief in themselves.
    Great to see. We had it with the Invincibles but it's long since gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Spurs are doing what arsenal done for years only arsenal got blasted for it while spurs are been praised.

• Advertisement

Spurs are doing what arsenal done for years only arsenal got blasted for it while spurs are been praised.
    They fell asleep for 5 minutes and Juve hit them a knock-out blow.

They fell asleep for 5 minutes and Juve hit them a knock-out blow.

Once Juve got the second they focussed all their energy on protecting their lead. I'm sure they would have continued to pull Spurs to pieces had they carried on playing the same way. Still it was an object lesson to Spurs (and Arsenal) in how to protect a lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Lets be honest here they lost tonight but are miles ahead of us hate saying it but.
    1. better manager
    2. Kane
    3. Erikson
    4. Alli(hate him but what a prospect)

Keane 'cant understand' how they went out. Nothing about Dele Allis no show and yet he stuck the boot into Jack last week :rolleyes:

Love Chiellini for Juve. What a tenacious nut! God be with the times we had that type of defender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

dinorebel wrote: »
    Lets be honest here they lost tonight but are miles ahead of us hate saying it but.
    1. better manager
    2. Kane
    3. Erikson
    4. Alli(hate him but what a prospect)

All four of those will be gone as soon as something better comes along. Being spurs that shouldnt take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Poccetinho and Kane to RM if you believe the rags!

Have I stumbled into the spurs thread by mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Im just saying arsenal for ten years finished top 4 and got knocked out in the cl each season.

Arsenal got criticised, spurs are been praised.

Im just saying arsenal for ten years finished top 4 and got knocked out in the cl each season.

Arsenal got criticised, spurs are been lauded.

Arsenal is a big club, though....hence the criticism.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement