Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

A liverpool reject (suso) is our biggest treat in this evenings game ... times are bad , 2-0 or 2-1 to milan if where lucky imo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

pudzey101 wrote: »
    A liverpool reject (suso) is our biggest treat in this evenings game ... times are bad , 2-0 or 2-1 to milan if where lucky imo :)

I'll take 2-1 for sure. We can definitely take them in our gaf. But our away form is so crazy right now we could f*ck the whole tie up in a couple of minutes over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Basil3 wrote: »
    Arsenal is a big club, though....hence the criticism.

Our transfer budget suggested otherwise.

Our transfer budget suggested otherwise.

OK, we are a small club and should have equal criticism as any other small club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

so....... my prediction for tonight. we dont stand a chance in hell. one of the worst draws we could have got, these guys will be organised and want it. he better pick our strongest team cause we have *uck all else but this. NEED CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Arsenal are finished as a club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Really? Do tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cheers for the insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I would not say finished... There is a remedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm very optimistic about tonight. With the wide open spaces at the San Siro we have players who can hurt them with our pace. Reckon we'll win both legs imo! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    so....... my prediction for tonight. we dont stand a chance in hell. one of the worst draws we could have got, these guys will be organised and want it. he better pick our strongest team cause we have *uck all else but this. NEED CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL

What’s the point in getting CL football just for the sake of it? I can only think of 2 seasons out of 20 that Arsenal were genuinely good enough to win it. 2004 and 2006. 2006 team was nowhere near as good as 2004 but got to the final with some resolute defensive displays and just ran out of luck

Back to tonight. Gattuso has won 11, drawn 5 and lost 3 since being appointed. Wenger has won 7, drawn 4 and lost 8

Anything other than a score draw or a win and they’re definitely gone. Not confident of it at all. They’ve just been too poor lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

L'prof wrote: »
    What’s the point in getting CL football just for the sake of it? I can only think of 2 seasons out of 20 that Arsenal were genuinely good enough to win it. 2004 and 2006. 2006 team was nowhere near as good as 2004 but got to the final with some resolute defensive displays and just ran out of luck

Back to tonight. Gattuso has won 11, drawn 5 and lost 3 since being appointed. Wenger has won 7, drawn 4 and lost 8

Anything other than a score draw or a win and they’re definitely gone. Not confident of it at all. They’ve just been too poor lately

its all about attracting the right players, a lot easier to do when in the champions league. plus please god with a new manager we will set up right on European nights, besides just sending out 11 and hoping we are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Agree, what’s the point in qualifying for the CL only to get embarrassed post group stage.

Would be nice to win the Europa Cup though. Can’t knock a European trophy under any circumstances. The downside is Wenger would then stay with the boards blessing. However I can’t see us winning it but tonight will give us a clearer picture, be it negative or positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys don't forget to get in questions for tonights podcast will be recording after the game for better or worse :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

early kick off today i see, might view it in the gym while on the threadmill :L

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »

Who started this thing in Ireland calling treadmills threadmills? I come across it all the time :D

That's my only option today as well. Last time I tried to do it, my phone kept sliding across and falling into the cupholder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

5star02707 wrote: »

Sound for the heads up. The Europa League has caught me out once or twice with the kickoff times this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

omega man wrote: »
    Agree, what’s the point in qualifying for the CL only to get embarrassed post group stage.

Would be nice to win the Europa Cup though. Can’t knock a European trophy under any circumstances. The downside is Wenger would then stay with the boards blessing. However I can’t see us winning it but tonight will give us a clearer picture, be it negative or positive.

Follow the money. 40 millions plus for CL ... That's 40 big reasons. We know the Arsenal board are interested in money if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/971790404466159617

Another strong lineup (well as strong as we can), with a rubbish bench.

Another note is we are playing in our blue strip again, which we have only so far won 1/9 matches.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/971790404466159617

Another strong lineup (well as strong as we can), with a rubbish bench.

Another note is we are playing in our blue strip again, which we have only so far won 1/9 matches.

What's the record in black and pink?

0/9?

• Advertisement

I expected more from the San Siro stadium dressing rooms :(

Anyone know what channels this torture will be on?

C'mon for Christ sake. Give us one good performance.

Welbz again. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Welbz again. Sigh.

BT Sport 2

COYG

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Welbz again. Sigh.

BT 2 anyone stuck for a link for torture drop me a message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Against my better judgement im going to torture myself for the next 2ish hours. Who else is in?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Against my better judgement im going to torture myself for the next 2ish hours. Who else is in?

watching on like....

wenger-cropped_1tuxycggchi2y1v5elm2mhcpcc.jpg

jesus that was very close to a horror start, AC have started with the pressure

I'm here for the next 2hrs. The missus can pick herself up a lasagne from SuperValu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Welbeck's positioning in the box is sh!te

Lucky from Ospina, the Milan player could easily have drawn a foul there

• Advertisement

Nice one!

aboy miki

Great work from Micki, bit of luck with the deflection but he had plenty of power in it

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Everyone was quick to forget Miki's European form for United, seems to excel in this Competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Everytime Arsenal attack and get near the Milan box, there is some eejit in the crowd blowing a whistle. Its impossible to tell it apart from the refs one on the tv. Thankfully, none of the players seem effected by it.

We are so clueless taking corners, its very frustrating to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Great work from Micki, bit of luck with the deflection but he had plenty of power in it

Fabulous by Ozil to find him in so much space

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Milan are sh*t

emmetlego wrote: »
    Milan are sh*t
    this

• Advertisement

Do we really need to commit both Chambers and Kola forward every time we attack. With the lead surely 1 should stay back?

Chambers should stay back in London

great to actually see a player (micki) actually looking up and not giving the ball away every time he gets it on that left :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Welbeck up front literally irritates my nipples. Play the young lad.

newbie2 wrote: »
    Chambers should stay back in London

whats up with bellerin anyway is he attending some fashion event in milan ? not that hes much better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Chambers is playing well lads?

• Advertisement

oh that was a great chance for Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

oh that was a great chance for Welbeck

Classic Welbeck though. Gets into a good position, approach to the goal is good and then he just ****s himself

pudzey101 wrote: »
    whats up with bellerin anyway is attending some fashion event in milan ? not that hes much better :D

Swollen knee expected to miss Watford game too

Almost 2-0!

celebrities everywhere collectively sh!t themselves

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement