Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is this a parallel universe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

SWEEEEEET

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

We don't look like a team not playing for the manager...

Great stuff so far.

Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Decent half. Milan have been poor enough though. That was a lovely goal from Ramsey - beautiful pass from Ozil

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Like a different team tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Excellent first half. Should be 3 or 4 up. They are trying tonight.

Great first half, Im not sure are we playing really well or are they sh1t?
    Ramsey hasnt featured much but took the goal superbly, impressed with Ozil, Micki and Kolasinac has been very good going forward.
    Shame Auba cant play, its very open and hed have a field day with his pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Wenger in?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well. This is great night for my stupid streaming box yoke to act the absolute b*llocks.

• Advertisement

We almost got the most Welbeck goal ever :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

And that nearly Welbeck goal just shows how sh*t Milan are. They are awful and have made us look like superstars. That said, Ozil, Kola, Jack and Micki have all been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

We are sometimes maybe good. Sometimes maybe sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Mustafi playing well.

Arsenal wanted it tonight. Can't understand the club at all. Total enigma.

Dortmund beaten 2-1 at home. Hmm hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't believe this game either , I'm actually shocked I fully expected us to be beat tonight

Anyway last call for podcast questions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Can't believe this game either , I'm actually shocked I fully expected us to be beat tonight

Anyway last call for podcast questions :)

how is welbeck a professional footballer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Wenger in?

Wenger out of nowhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Wenger in?

:) Down with this sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Wenger will probably end up beating Atletico Madrid in the final on penalties to save his job for another season.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    :) Down with this sort of thing

Ha ha maybe someone has taken over and we weren't told.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

For me this is a freak result. Wenger still must go. If we win the thing, Wenger must still go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's nice to get a result right every once in a good while. Well done Arsenal. Huge second leg next week. COYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Fcuking roller coaster of a club :) win the un-winnable , lose the un-loseable

Great performance, thought we sat a bit too deep in the second half but were never punished so it all played out nicely. Seeing Borini introduced for Milan in the second half kind of tells a lot about where they are at.
    Welbeck has the first touch of a gate, really missed Giroud on a night like tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wenger in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It would be nice to be in the Champion's League next year and see Spurs miss out. I'd love to see them win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'm actually disappointed with our tactics in the second half. Milan played like sh*t today, instead of our usual conservative approach we should have put them to the sword. A pep team would have put 7 past them today and we have no idea what they'll be like in round 2.

AMN looks so tidy, clear as day that he is a product of great football training. Wouldn't mind him getting a few more games.

• Advertisement

For me this is a freak result. Wenger still must go. If we win the thing, Wenger must still go.

What must go is people saying **** like this straight after a decent win. At least enjoy it for a little while.

I'm actually disappointed with our tactics in the second half. Milan played like sh*t today, instead of our usual conservative approach we should have put them to the sword. A pep team would have put 7 past them today and we have no idea what they'll be like in round 2.

AMN looks so tidy, clear as day that he is a product of great football training. Wouldn't mind him getting a few more games.
    Who trains Welbeck?

Who trains Welbeck?

Sir Alex Ferguson for most of his career, I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Why bothering supporting arsenal if you don’t enjoy wins. We all know what needs to happen but complaining and been miserable after winning 2-0 at the San Siro is doing just for the sake of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can't complain after a 2 nil win over Milan. Well done the lads.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sir Alex Ferguson for most of his career, I'd say
    He made a poor job of him.

Anyone know why the games in the Europa are on so early i.e. 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

UEFA split the kick off times for tv, I think the CL is going the same way next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gonna be the same with Champions League from next season. Staggered matches for TV purposes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's annoying, I've football at 6 on a Thursday. At least the second legs at 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Wenger will probably end up beating Atletico Madrid in the final on penalties to save his job for another season.

Maybe, if cech isn’t in goal....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

omega man wrote: »
    Maybe, if cech isn’t in goal....

Actually thought Ospina was solid tonight. I'd start him ahead of Cech on that display alone. I did miss some portions of the game, so only going on what the kids were telling me as I tidied up their mess after dinner! Inconsiderate little pups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Wenger IN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

I was at the other Milan match when we won 5 1. Funny enough, I was thinking about it tonight so checked up the result and the team.

Lehmann, Cole, Campbell, Toure, Cygan, Ljungberg, Parlour, Edu, Pires, Kanu (Silva 73), Henry (Aliadiere 89).
    Subs not used: Stack, Keown, Clichy, Papadopulos, Hoyte.

Maybe thinking about the team now and kinda comparing like for like. If you were to compare both what team would you have?

The strange thing is that I can see the same weaknesses in that team that I can see in the team now, am I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

derossi wrote: »

Lehmann, Cole, Campbell, Toure, Kos Cygan, Ljungberg, Wiltshire, Ramsey Parlour, Edu, Pires, Ozil Kanu (Silva), Henry (Aliadiere).
    Subs not used: Stack, Keown, Clichy, Papadopulos, Hoyte.
    No DM, but it is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

I liked Edu when he was fit so would have him over Wilshere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

derossi wrote: »
    I liked Edu when he was fit so would have him over Wilshere....

Can't find it on YouTube but he scored a beaut against Celta Vigo in the CL in 04. Got both that day actually iirc.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Can't complain after a 2 nil win over Milan. Well done the lads.

Nah tbh we need to get him out of the club to be honest. This performance tonight is a rarity. We have been dog sh1t most of the season. It has been a write off and Wenger still needs to go irregardless of what happens in this competition. A spanking might have further accelerated the process but instead we are back to this farcical cycle yand some of the cretinous AKB fans will crawl out of the woodworm praising him as the next messiah yet again.

Nah tbh we need to get him out of the club to be honest. This performance tonight is a rarity. We have been dog sh1t most of the season. It has been a write off and Wenger still needs to go irregardless of what happens in this competition. A spanking might have further accelerated the process but instead we are back to this farcical cycle yand some of the cretinous AKB fans will crawl out of the woodworm praising him as the next messiah yet again.

Thanks for your honesty. I enjoyed the win, haven't even given a thought to Wenger out or Wenger in. Some of you guys are obsessed!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't see why wanting him gone should get in the way of enjoying a win like that this evening. Who are these AKB fans your talking about anyway? I'd imagine literally no one on this thread wants him to stay at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement