Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Inquitus wrote: »
    Exactly

Regardless whether we stop or not he was a a yard off and almost on the end line, zero time to react

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Too late with those subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

awec wrote: »
    Which is hardly anything.

Arsenal's entire back 4 just stopped playing. Amateur hour.

It's a half yard offside, and is enough to make it pretty obvious to any competent linesman. The defence have enough problems without having the ref and linesman against us aswell. No defence in world football can expect to play well with some incompetent and downright biased officiating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Back line was not in line, it was more like a sharp curve. It was a stair effect, each player a little deeper.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's a half yard offside, and is enough to make it pretty obvious to any competent linesman. The defence have enough problems without having the ref and linesman against us aswell. No defence in world football can expect to play well with some incompetent and downright biased officiating.

Excuses. It was a tight call whether you want to admit it or not. Professional players at this level should not just stop no matter how obvious they think it is. Wrong decision with the benefit of replays, but Arsenal still made sure it was an easy finish for City.

Any Arsenal fan who thinks the referee has cost them today is suffering a severe case of delusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Seen a stat earlier this week that Arsenal in 2017 calendar year are averaging just over 1ppg away from home. That is abysmal. No wonder we are going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Shur look. Every cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Excuses. It was a tight call whether you want to admit it or not. Professional players at this level should not just stop no matter how obvious they think it is. Wrong decision with the benefit of replays, but Arsenal still made sure it was an easy finish for City.

Any Arsenal fan who thinks the referee has cost them today is suffering a severe case of delusion.

Offside is offside the call went against us for that and the peno. Is the ref and his team solely to blame for our loss today obviously not but they've certainly not helped us.

Fairly selective quoting there :rolleyes:, and with that level of nonsensical posting... I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Steve Bould. What a fantastic job he is doing.

• Advertisement

Offside is offside the call went against us for that and the peno. Is the ref and his team solely to blame for our loss today obviously not but they've certainly not helped us.

The penalty was blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

3-1 is worst result now as Wenger will feel hard done by and will believe it should have been 1-1 ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Pudders wrote: »
    Steve Bould. What a fantastic job he is doing.

At the end of the day the responsibility lies with Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

At least I've got some money out of this shíte.

The penalty was blatant.

Cool story brah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

The penalty was blatant.

Totes magoates...

Just rip it down and start it all over again. Need a new manager and new team. Why not start now?
    This team and manager are a complete waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Cool story brah!

Just saw it there, not a peno for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Top 4 is out of reach - Arsenal are not going to get many points from the teams above them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sure at least Wenger has plenty of excuses now

• Advertisement

Just rip it down and start it all over again. Need a new manager and new team. Why not start now?
    This team and manager are a complete waste of time.

Because they are still taking in money hand over fist, and they are still selling out home games. That's all these guys care about. Sure they want success, but only because that will justify another price rise in tickets if they do win something. As it is tho, they are still raking in the cash, and they don't need to spend to do it. They're perfectly happy with the status quo at the moment.

Fairly selective quoting there :rolleyes:, and with that level of nonsensical posting... I'm out

Yea, cause I'm the one spouting refereeing conspiracy theories lol.

omega man wrote: »
    3-1 is worst result now as Wenger will feel hard done by and will believe it should have been 1-1 ffs.

Sure there's a few on here who think the same. :rolleyes:

Because they are still taking in money hand over fist, and they are still selling out home games. That's all these guys care about. Sure they want success, but only because that will justify another price rise in tickets if they do win something. As it is tho, they are still raking in the cash, and they don't need to spend to do it. They're perfectly happy with the status quo at the moment.

Yep I fully agree and proves the point that the owner and club only care about the money and not footballing success.
    If it was to do with football changes would be made now. Wenger in a football sense should be under immense pressure now, only at Arsenal would this be tolerated.
    Its actually disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Every man woman and child at that game could see that Iwobi was not only ineffective, but gave the ball to city loads of times. Same for Sanchez. The Wilshere and Giroud subs should have been made just after half time.

Personally, I’ve had enough of Ozil, Sanchez and Wenger and want all 3 gone. I’m acutely aware that club ownership is also a factor, but the on field antics can’t be tolerated any more. Our club is dying, and quicker than I even imagined.

Yep I fully agree and proves the point that the owner and club only care about the money and not footballing success.
    If it was to do with football changes would be made now. Wenger in a football sense should be under immense pressure now, only at Arsenal would this be tolerated.
    Its actually disgusting.

If they cared only about that, then Özil and Sanchez would have been sold in the summer. On a day like today, it's more about individual players underperforming and Wenger's bizarre selections. To be fair to him, he did react and we played better after Lacazette came on, but we should have never started with the formation and players that we did.

Basil3 wrote: »
    If they cared only about that, then Özil and Sanchez would have been sold in the summer. On a day like today, it's more about individual players underperforming and Wenger's bizarre selections. To be fair to him, he did react and we played better after Lacazette came on, but we should have never started with the formation and players that we did.

Yeah I was surprised they were kept on, however Sanchez had one foot out the door.
    We made a profit in the transfer market after finishing 5th and also in an era where every team is loaded.
    That and the fact Wenger is under no pressure tells you all you need to know about this club.

Saw a stat there: Since 2012-2013 Arsenal away at big 6 rivals - P26 W3 D8 L17 - that is woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Had to laugh listening to Arse Cast during the week when they saying Aaron Ramsey will go down as a club legend, I mean **** me that is how far we have fallen , yeah he scored 2 cup final goals and had a one good scoring spell about 5 or longer years ago now , but he is really not good enough

Today again showed it , I know Ozil gets loads of stick some right some wrong , but christ Ramsey is one of the most frustrating players in our squad he was rubbish today again

Haven't heard any post match interviews but I'm presuming Weng will blame the ref and not acknowledge Man City's rubbish finishing today another day we could have lost 7-0

Lacazette must be sickened he didn't hold out till January to go to Athletico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I see Usmanov owns Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ramsey and xhaka are wengers worst midfield pairing he has ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Just saw Wenger post match interview....typical it's all the referees fault...get ta fcuk.

Just for reference, is there anyone here who is happier we took on Ozil in lieu of taking Cesc back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Just for reference, is there anyone here who is happier we took on Ozil in lieu of taking Cesc back?

No... Cesc all day long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tough question. Were we meant to sell or bench our record signing after 1 season?

• Advertisement

Tough question. Were we meant to sell or bench our record signing after 1 season?

I think the option would've been to sell him as he was still worth something then.

Level on points with Burnley lads.

F*cling Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I was fairly angry at the time, as I rated Fabregas far higher than Ozil. Then Fabregas had that really poor season when Mourinho exited, and Ozil's performances were picking up, so I figured fair enough I got that one wrong. Now... nope I was right the first time.

I really did favour selling Ozil after one season to make way for Fabregas, hindsight is great and all but it would have been the right call. That is the kind of decision Wenger would NEVER make though, he will persist with his mistakes for a long long time before he finally admits defeat. How long was Almunia the no. 1 goalkeeper for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I was fairly angry at the time, as I rated Fabregas far higher than Ozil. Then Fabregas had that really poor season when Mourinho exited, and Ozil's performances were picking up, so I figured fair enough I got that one wrong. Now... nope I was right the first time.

I really did favour selling Ozil after one season to make way for Fabregas, hindsight is great and all but it would have been the right call. That is the kind of decision Wenger would NEVER make though, he will persist with his mistakes for a long long time before he finally admits defeat. How long was Almunia the no. 1 goalkeeper for?

I see your alumnia and raise you walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm not going to defend Theo Walcott, I rate him about as much as everyone else on here. But you can look at his stats and at least see him contributing something.

Almunia was just plain awful, nowhere near good enough, in a position where you absolutely cannot afford that, yet he was kept for about 2 seasons? I think the only reason he lost his place in the end was because Sczcesny made it up through the youth system?

Actually I just checked, three full seasons Almunia was first choice.

• Advertisement

Even if we had have signed Fabregas at the time, we wouldn't have won a league or be in a better position than we are now. Big problems at the club, which I don't think they will fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

This was me too. I'd say a lot of us were like that. Ozil and Sanchez have been **** for a while now, and are as at fault for our slump as any of the players and manager for this crap form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We got some very bad decisions against us today but regardless of that City were miles the better side.
    Arsenal are in the exact position I think we will finish i.e. sixth.
    We are a poor club all round except moneywise.

Even if we had have signed Fabregas at the time, we wouldn't have won a league or be in a better position than we are now. Big problems at the club, which I don't think they will fix.

I think we'd have done better with him. He knew the way we played and was always a leader, something we're lacking still. I hated to see him go and would have been delighted if he had returned. We may not have won the league but we'd have given it a better shot with him. He was always a gutsy player for us and that can't be said about many of our current players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Fabregas is nowhere near the player he was with us. Not even close. Seems that neither is the answer (or more likely Wenger's teams just don't do it regardless of who we sign)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus Christ we could have done with Cesc in the Leicester season. It could all be so different.

As for today, very hard place to go, got a bit rode by the ref & lino, could have been different. We were nowhere near as bad as some of our other big away days.

4 points off second, away games at City, The Pool and Chelsea out of the way. There's a lot to work on, but it's not the end of the world some people round here seem to wish it was.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus Christ we could have done with Cesc in the Leicester season. It could all be so different.

As for today, very hard place to go, got a bit rode by the ref & lino, could have been different. We were nowhere near as bad as some of our other big away days.

4 points off second, away games at City, The Pool and Chelsea out of the way. There's a lot to work on, but it's not the end of the world some people round here seem to wish it was.

4 points off second, but 12 off top spot where it matters.
    6 away games this season, 1 win, 1 draw, 4 defeats.
    2017 calendar year averaging barely over 1 ppg away from home.

Seems pretty bad to me.

4 points off second, but 12 off top spot where it matters.
    6 away games this season, 1 win, 1 draw, 4 defeats.
    2017 calendar year averaging barely over 1 ppg away from home.

Seems pretty bad to me.

Arsenal have registered just one win away to the 'Big Six' in the Premier League since the start of 2014/15, drawing seven and losing 10. (Sky Sports).

That's 10 points out of a possible 54.(18 away games).
    Speaks volumes about the team and management.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Realistically how do you think Arsenal will do this season?

I reckon 5th or 6th in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

marvin80 wrote: »
    Realistically how do you think Arsenal will do this season?

I reckon 5th or 6th in the league.

Still convinced we'll get top 4, its the pinnacle of expectation so its about as high as we can aim.

There's nothing else that needs to be added regarding yesterday. Spend £50m on a guy, leave him on the bench in your biggest games, scratch head when he scores a goal and wonder why you dont start him. Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement