Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't see why wanting him gone should get in the way of enjoying a win like that this evening. Who are these AKB fans your talking about anyway? I'd imagine literally no one on this thread wants him to stay at this stage.

No one on here wants him to stay i should add just the few dopes popping their head up on twitter every so often with sh1te.

As long as he remains in charge we will go nowhere so its pointless even showing any optimism about the win this evening.

Sunday should have been Wengers last game in charge. He should have been summoned to a meeting Sunday evening and sacked. Instead we are back to this cycle again where people will honestly begin to believe he has turned it around. He hasnt and he never will but has a job for life. Its disgusting. :mad:

Basil3 wrote: »
    Thanks for your honesty. I enjoyed the win, haven't even given a thought to Wenger out or Wenger in. Some of you guys are obsessed!

Fair enough enjoying the win, but what does it actually mean at the end of the day long term? It gives him extra time in the job that he is doing terribly these times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Podcast discussing the game incoming and other bits and pieces meanwhile

Heres me and Jamie getting ready to record earlier as you can see we're not monsters just 2 lads looking to talk football and we're looking for ideas for episode 20 which should be a bit of a landmark for us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/bp-zone-arsenal/bp-zone?refid=stpr

https://soundcloud.com/brian-oregan-932825069/bp-zone-episode-19

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/bp-zone-arsenal-podcast/id1334453540

Thanks for the questions and things guys heres the links above to the podcast the itunes one won't be updated until the morning also here's some links to our Twitter and Facebook where you can also follow us

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bpzonearsenal

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bpzonearsenal/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Thanks for your honesty. I enjoyed the win, haven't even given a thought to Wenger out or Wenger in. Some of you guys are obsessed!

Maybe you dont care about the future of the club.
    Yay we won,Im fcuking delighted but it changes absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    Get down off your high horse and stop with the condescending attitude towards fans who can see beyond 1 out of the ordinary victory against a piss poor Ac Milan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Great win earlier. Was not expecting it in the least.

But I still think there's every chance that Milan, who'll really have to go for it, may somehow get the first goal next week and then there's every chance for the patented Arsenal jitters to return.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I have this feeling in me waters that this tie isn't totally done and dusted.

Ramsey out in the media talking about "character". It feels like it could become a Walcottesque sound bite.

Maybe you dont care about the future of the club.
    Yay we won,Im fcuking delighted but it changes absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    Get down off your high horse and stop with the condescending attitude towards fans who can see beyond 1 out of the ordinary victory against a piss poor Ac Milan

Who said it changes anything in the grand scheme of things? Is it really necessary to go on and on and on and on about Wenger out constantly? It's absolutely ****ing boring at this stage. If all you have to say after a match whether it's win, lose, or draw is 'Wenger Out', then why bother?

If anyone is condescending, it's those who think they are looking at the 'bigger picture' and who say they 'care about the future of the club'. Yeah, like those of us who just want to enjoy a win for what it is don't care about that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's not about Wenger anymore, I want him to pull it off so we don't have spend next year watching miserable Thursday evening football against Lokomotiv Moscow et al. One year of the EL is enough for me. I think you'd be mad to actually want us to go crashing out of this so he gets sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's not about Wenger anymore, I want him to pull it off so we don't have spend next year watching miserable Thursday evening football against Lokomotiv Moscow et al. One year of the EL is enough for me. I think you'd be mad to actually want us to go crashing out of this so he gets sacked.

Isn't it a bit mad to say this less than 24 hours after a Thursday night beating Milan in the San Siro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

We should call this the flipflop thread ....

Loads on here talking up Milan, unbeaten in 13, Gattuso doing incredible, we haven't a chance etc etc. Then at Half Time, this Milan team are sh1te etc etc.
    fcuk's sake lads, has history thought youse nothing, when the gun is right against Wenger's and Arsenal's heads, they nearly always produce a performance. It has happened time and time again.
    Now has it changed the fact that I still think we need a change of manager ... no, but instead of castigating Milan (the unbeaten in last 13 team whose virtues were being extolled before the match), let's give AFC a bit a bit of credit, tactics from the manager were spot on tonight. And in the last 15 we tried to keep possession and not bomb forward in the search of a 3rd like we often do ....well except for the Xhaka shot in the injury time.. now that was ****ing hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

We should call this the flipflop thread ....

Loads on here talking up Milan, unbeaten in 13, Gattuso doing incredible, we haven't a chance etc etc. Then at Half Time, this Milan team are sh1te etc etc.
    fcuk's sake lads, has history thought youse nothing, when the gun is right against Wenger's and Arsenal's heads, they nearly always produce a performance. It has happened time and time again.
    Now has it changed the fact that I still think we need a change of manager ... no, but instead of castigating Milan (the unbeaten in last 13 team whose virtues were being extolled before the match), let's give AFC a bit a bit of credit, tactics from the manager were spot on tonight. And in the last 15 we tried to keep possession and not bomb forward in the search of a 3rd like we often do ....well except for the Xhaka shot in the injury time.. now that was ****ing hilarious
    You can have all you stats and all your theories, I know what I saw with my own eyes last night, Milan were awful. Constantly gave the ball away unpressurised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Who said it changes anything in the grand scheme of things? Is it really necessary to go on and on and on and on about Wenger out constantly? It's absolutely ****ing boring at this stage. If all you have to say after a match whether it's win, lose, or draw is 'Wenger Out', then why bother?

If anyone is condescending, it's those who think they are looking at the 'bigger picture' and who say they 'care about the future of the club'. Yeah, like those of us who just want to enjoy a win for what it is don't care about that at all.

Its got to the point now where some people just moan about everything. They call themselves fans but cant enjoy a win (which football is all about). They cant separate between a win and wanting a new manager. Nobody is disputing the fact that a new manager is needed.

wawaman wrote: »
    Its got to the point now where some people just moan about everything. They call themselves fans but cant enjoy a win (which football is all about). They cant separate between a win and wanting a new manager. Nobody is disputing the fact that a new manager is needed.

I haven't seen any poster here say they didn't enjoy the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I haven't seen any poster here say they didn't enjoy the win.

My love for Arsenal is greater than my desire for a new manager. I can want Arsenal to win and enjoy a win while recognising the need for a new manager. Others cant it seems

My love for Arsenal is greater than my desire for a new manager. I can want Arsenal to win and enjoy a win while recognising the need for a new manager. Others cant it seems

Yeah great....I still haven't seen anyone say they didn't enjoy the win last night.
    Fans saying the victory changes nothing,AW still needs to go, are not saying they didn't enjoy the victory.
    Others can't seem to recognise this.

emmetlego wrote: »
    You can have all you stats and all your theories, I know what I saw with my own eyes last night, Milan were awful. Constantly gave the ball away unpressurised.

No starts or theories Emmet, just a simple fact that Milan's virtues were being extolled here before the match. At half time, they were ****e. So let me ask this of the extollers of virtue, how many have seen Milan play over the last few weeks to say how good they were ? Me personally I did not think that Milan were a great team, potential yes but very young and I always felt that if we scored an earlyish goal then they would be under severe pressure not just from San Siro fans but from Gattuso, who looked like he wanted to execute everyone of them. My point was that arsenal were given no credit as the great Milan where now suddenly ****e, we had no impact on the game. in fact if we played with just a keeper we probably would have won 4 nil so sh1te were Milan ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

No starts or theories Emmet, just a simple fact that Milan's virtues were being extolled here before the match. At half time, they were ****e. So let me ask this of the extollers of virtue, how many have seen Milan play over the last few weeks to say how good they were ? Me personally I did not think that Milan were a great team, potential yes but very young and I always felt that if we scored an earlyish goal then they would be under severe pressure not just from San Siro fans but from Gattuso, who looked like he wanted to execute everyone of them. My point was that arsenal were given no credit as the great Milan where now suddenly ****e, we had no impact on the game. in fact if we played with just a keeper we probably would have won 4 nil so sh1te were Milan ....
    Now you’re being ridiculous

I simply stated that Milan were rubbish, which they were. I wasn’t bigging them up pre game either, just stated how poor they were on the night. Don’t try and read anything more into it, as it’s just not there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Milan are not a good side - they were terrible at the start of the season and only picked up a bit when Gattuso was appointed. For all their supposed brilliance since giving him the job they're still in 7th in the fcuking table. Perspective is needed lads.

Nice win and I'm hoping we can finish the job and in the end hopefully make the final but let's not get carried away like

Yeah great....I still haven't seen anyone say they didn't enjoy the win last night.
    Fans saying the victory changes nothing,AW still needs to go, are not saying they didn't enjoy the victory.
    Others can't seem to recognise this.

You're right.... nobody came out and said they didn't enjoy the win. Nobody here is quite that big an eejit. Several people were very ho-hum about it, and definitely didn't make out that they enjoyed it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Delighted to get a much needed win and away at such a decorated club, regardless of how poor they seemed. Great for the fans and players alike.

We must now back that up with a big display and 3 points against Watford. Who knows what arsenal team will show up though....

You're right

Thank you.

Now you’re being ridiculous

I simply stated that Milan were rubbish, which they were. I wasn’t bigging them up pre game either, just stated how poor they were on the night. Don’t try and read anything more into it, as it’s just not there!

I wasn't particularly talking about you Emmet, at no point did I say that you were bigging up Milan. if you read back on the thread you will see that Milan were being bigged up and then at half time they were being called sh1te. I never said you did but the simple fact of the matter is there if you read about 5 pages back. I am not reading anything into what you say but you appear to think that I am talking about you which I am not. YES Milan were not good last night absolutely but we played well regardless of the opposition, that cannot be denied and so deserve a bit of credit.

Milan were on a good run and were dominating until we got a deflected goal. It was a good performance but one game doesn't define everything. We played well last night, they played poorly, it was one match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Delighted to see Mhiktarian play well last night - long may it continue.
    (Googling the spelling of his name and spotted these news headlines one after another :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

marvin80 wrote: »
    Delighted to see Mhiktarian play well last night - long may it continue.
    (Googling the spelling of his name and spotted these news headlines one after another :D )

You still spelled it wrong :pac::D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Milan were on a good run and were dominating until we got a deflected goal. It was a good performance but one game doesn't define everything. We played well last night, they played poorly, it was one match.

Ah here, we should have been about 4 up by half time. Whatever the opposite of rose-tinted glasses are, take them off the odd time.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Ah here, we should have been about 4 up by half time. Whatever the opposite of rose-tinted glasses are, take them off the odd time.
    You're right, we're going to win the league.

I can see why you reply to posts and don't address anything in them, it's great fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

When is Lacazette back? Will it be in time for the return leg?

farna_boy wrote: »
    When is Lacazette back? Will it be in time for the return leg?

Not until the start of April, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭rodders999

The original prognosis from our medical team was 4-6 weeks so expect to see him back playing some time in 2019 presumably.

• I watched the game last night.
    Thought that was one of the most disciplined performances from Arsenal in a very long time.
    It's strange where that has come form though.
    I've said this a few weeks back but Wenger should be pumping every ounce of effort into this. **** the league.
    Do what Jose did at the latter end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I watched the game last night.
    Thought that was one of the most disciplined performances from Arsenal in a very long time.
    It's strange where that has come form though.
    I've said this a few weeks back but Wenger should be pumping every ounce of effort into this. **** the league.
    Do what Jose did at the latter end of last season.

United has an easy route to the final last year, and still nearly f*cked it up.
    A lot of big teams for Arsenal to overcome to win this. Gonna be much harder this year to do what united did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    United has an easy route to the final last year, and still nearly f*cked it up.
    A lot of big teams for Arsenal to overcome to win this. Gonna be much harder this year to do what united did.

That's beside the point really. We should be putting everything into it regardless how difficult our route is vs Uniteds...

• Advertisement

With all due respect, join the dots. Wins like that is only buying him time that he doesn't deserve and it wont amount to anything. He should be just sacked. Enjoying a win like that would be great if we were actually going somewhere but we are going absolutely nowhere under Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

With all due respect, join the dots. Wins like that is only buying him time that he doesn't deserve and it wont amount to anything. He should be just sacked. Enjoying a win like that would be great if we were actually going somewhere but we are going absolutely nowhere under Wenger.
    The problem is that Wenger should have been gone by now. They won't sack him unless they get negative reaction from the fans and plenty of empty seats at home games.
    I find it hard with wanting Wenger gone and meanwhile wanting my team to win.He's not only ruining the club he's ruining my enjoyment of my beloved team.

With all due respect I don’t need you to tell me anything. I’m well aware of the fact we need a new manager. I enjoyed beating Milan in a 90 minute game in isolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

With all due respect I don’t need you to tell me anything. I’m well aware of the fact we need a new manager. I enjoyed beating Milan in a 90 minute game in isolation.

This is the worst part of the Wenger regime. There's two sets of Arsenal supporters.

This is the worst part of the Wenger regime. There's two sets of Arsenal supporters.

How so? Everyone agrees we need a new manager.

• Advertisement

How so? Everyone agrees we need a new manager.

It wasn't a dig. There's still a split there, even discussing a game in isolation there's always an angle.

It wasn't a dig. There's still a split there, even discussing a game in isolation there's always an angle.

Exactly. Until Wenger is gone, there will be those who feel the need to say he needs to go after every match, regardless of the result. That's the only angle that distracts from talking about the match.

I agree. I’m 100% in the we need a new manager camp. But I like seeing my team win and I won’t stop enjoying when they do, regardless of the bigger picture

I agree. I’m 100% in the we need a new manager camp. But I like seeing my team win and I won’t stop enjoying when they do, regardless of the bigger picture

I think people (like me) find it hard to enjoy a win in isolation because we're capable of beating Milan and losing to Brighton. It's hard to see us win anything which makes these wins feel empty.

Fair enough, and look fair play to you for getting a lift out of it. Id love to be able to muster a shred of optimism about the club at this point in time but i just cant. Im sick of the sight of him. I personally would have taken an unholy stuffing last night to get him sacked. Id rather accelerate the process and get a new man in then win some isolated game against Milan that will only serve to continue this endless cycle of mediocrity but thats not to say who is right or wrong in this debate if there is even a right answer. He might lose the next 10 games and still keep his job such is the way that bizarre club is ran

Im not lecturing you, its just my own personal perspective on it.

Fair enough, and look fair play to you for getting a lift out of it. Id love to be able to muster a shred of optimism about the club at this point in time but i just cant. Im sick of the sight of him. I personally would have taken an unholy stuffing last night to get him sacked. Id rather accelerate the process and get a new man in then win some isolated game against Milan that will only serve to continue this endless cycle of mediocrity but thats not to say who is right or wrong in this debate if there is even a right answer. He might lose the next 10 games and still keep his job such is the way that bizarre club is ran

Im not lecturing you, its just my own personal perspective on it.

Sorry man, I didn’t mean to come across as smart before. I want Wenger gone and the past few years has seen most of my optimism and enjoyment go as well. But I enjoyed the win last night. Do I think we will win the EL? no I don’t. The problems at the club run far deeper than Wenger and will still be there when he is gone

Sorry man, I didn’t mean to come across as smart before. I want Wenger gone and the past few years has seen most of my optimism and enjoyment go as well. But I enjoyed the win last night. Do I think we will win the EL? no I don’t. The problems at the club run far deeper than Wenger and will still be there when he is gone

No your grand. No need to apologise. Yes the very fact they wouldn't sack him after last Sundays farce paints a worrying picture at board level not that I was under any illusions

The problems at the club run far deeper than Wenger and will still be there when he is gone

This is one of the most sensible things spoken on this forum.
    I want Wenger gone because I believe he is past it but there is no way we are getting back to the levels of Champions League s/f and finals and winning Premier League titles unless one Stan Kroenke sells up and fcuks off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I can still enjoy a win without it affecting my lack of optimism for this club. A few years back, I would have had a sneaky little bit of hope creeping in, but now, a good win is a good win, but is not going to change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yes but if you cut off the snake's head he will die.
    Wenger has to go and then Kronke because Wenger is his front man.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement