Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not until the start of April, apparently

Latest I heard is that he was now back running and could be back in contention for the end of March

Yes but if you cut off the snake's head he will die.
    Wenger has to go and then Kronke because Wenger is his front man.

Like Hydra in Greek Mythology though, 6 heads could emerge when 1 is cut off? :D

• Nerdlingr wrote: »
    United has an easy route to the final last year, and still nearly f*cked it up.
    A lot of big teams for Arsenal to overcome to win this. Gonna be much harder this year to do what united did.

They won it. It's all that matters.
    Nothing easy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Do you honestly believe that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wawaman wrote: »

Yep. Divide and conquer. They are pals and both bad for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus Christ, man. You can't possibly think that?

Stan doesn't give a teeny tiny f*ck as long as we don't get relegated. Exactly the same as every other franchise he owns. Make no mistake.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, man. You can't possibly think that?

Stan doesn't give a teeny tiny f*ck as long as we don't get relegated. Exactly the same as every other franchise he owns. Make no mistake.

Both of them there for the money. When have you ever heard of Wenger disagreeing with Kronke? He's his front man. Without him Kronke will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Yep. Divide and conquer. They are pals and both bad for the club.

Kroenke will be there long after Wenger has gone. If you think Wenger leaving is a cure all, you are badly mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

We will probably go through a succession of managers doing slightly better than Wenger before the fans get tired and start putting pressure on the owner...wether it makes a difference to Stan is the issue.
    I've a bad feeling he won't give a sh1te and our fans don't seem like the type to force owners out of the club...I hope I'm wrong and we can force a change in the boardroom because I do agree with you about the owner being one of the biggest problems in the club.

• Advertisement

Kroenke will be there long after Wenger has gone. If you think Wenger leaving is a cure all, you are badly mistaken
    He's doing Kronke's dirty work all along.
    At least at Chelsea Conte is not afraid to voice his opinion when money is not being spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Haven't posted in here in yonks, had my hip replaced a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying the benefits of morphine. In fact, I actually thought I was doped off my bin last night when I saw us put in a wholly competent away performance in that shocking blue kit. #WengerInfor10moreyears

Both of them there for the money. When have you ever heard of Wenger disagreeing with Kronke? He's his front man. Without him Kronke will suffer.

Disagreeing with his American corporate boss?

How do you think that would go?

Disagreeing with his American corporate boss?

How do you think that would go?
    Wenger is supposed to have carte blanch running of the team, transfers, buying etc. Kronke trusts him. Both are money men. Wenger will not disagree with Kronke not forking out money and Kronke will not make him suffer for the pathetic performances of the team. They are in it together, two sides of the same coin. A nice cozy cartel. Getting rid of Wenger would be the ideal first step in breaking Kronk's grip of the club. So your actually right that Wenger won't rock the boat.

Wenger is supposed to have carte blanch running of the team, transfers, buying etc. Kronke trusts him. Both are money men. Wenger will not disagree with Kronke not forking out money and Kronke will not make him suffer for the pathetic performances of the team. They are in it together, two sides of the same coin. A nice cozy cartel. Getting rid of Wenger would be the ideal first step in breaking Kronk's grip of the club. So your actually right that Wenger won't rock the boat.

But the point remains Kroenke won't support the new man.

We can argue all day long about any of this except one thing: Kroenke is staying to bleed the club of anything he can for as long as there's money in it. That won't change no matter who's involved with the actual football.

So, bad as it is now, it's a long, long fall before that happens.

Unless you believe he's stockpiling cash for a new manager he doesn't want.

• Advertisement

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/bp-zone-arsenal/bp-zone?refid=stpr

https://soundcloud.com/brian-oregan-932825069/bp-zone-episode-19

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/bp-zone-arsenal-podcast/id1334453540

Thanks for the questions and things guys heres the links above to the podcast the itunes one won't be updated until the morning also here's some links to our Twitter and Facebook where you can also follow us

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bpzonearsenal

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bpzonearsenal/

Jamie talking sense as usual.

What's the point in booing your team during the game? Protest before or after. Fine.

But the point remains Kroenke won't support the new man.

We can argue all day long about any of this except one thing: Kroenke is staying to bleed the club of anything he can for as long as there's money in it. That won't change no matter who's involved with the actual football.

So, bad as it is now, it's a long, long fall before that happens.
    We all agree that it won't change until we get rid of both of them and maybe a few more too.
    The only way that will happen is if revenue drops and the fans leaving plenty of empty seats, not renewing memberships, showing placards etc will help. I'm all for that.
    My problem with your posts is that you try to separate Wenger from Kronke and put all the blame on Kronke. I say that both of them are to blame and both must go before the club will become great again. Wenger is the easiest man to shift first so i'd start with him. Only for Kronke he'd be gone already as would have happened if he was at any other club.

Unless you believe he's stockpiling cash for a new manager he doesn't want.

Kronke is stockpiling cash for himself and his other US ventures at the club's expense.
    Wenger is now part of it too. What he built up under Dein he has destroyed under Kronke. He can't be unaware of that so why go along with it?? Answer - Kronke has made it worth his while ... dosh.

Kronke is stockpiling cash for himself and his other US ventures at the club's expense.
    Wenger is now part of it too. What he built up under Dein he has destroyed under Kronke. He can't be unaware of that so why go along with it?? Answer - Kronke has made it worth his while ... dosh.

Is it possible, is it just possible he loves the club and knows Kroenke will let it go to sh*t, so he's clinging on to try and do his best for the club before that happens?

Or are you certain he's abandoned everything that made him a legend just to fill his already overflowing pockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Is it possible, is it just possible he loves the club and knows Kroenke will let it go to sh*t, so he's clinging on to try and do his best for the club before that happens?

I'm sorry, but I'm really not buying that. Wenger is getting paid handsomely and I don't blame him really. Who wouldn't want to earn that money, with relatively little pressure?
    He definitely isn't staying for the love of the club. He is human after all and money and power talks.

• Advertisement

His coaching is rubbish though so even a half decent, more hands on coach might improve things

[QUOTE=Ol' Donie;106395659]Is it possible, is it just possible he loves the club and knows Kroenke will let it go to sh*t, so he's clinging on to try and do his best for the club before that happens?

Or are you certain he's abandoned everything that made him a legend just to fill his already overflowing pockets?[/QUOTE]

Fairytale stuff. If he loved the club he'd see where he has taken it for the last 10/12 years and feck off.
    When I see the performances then I know he's maybe not abandoned anything but lost it completely.

Fai enough.

We'll see what happens when he's gone. It'll be interesting to see how these past few years will be viewed in 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Fai enough.

We'll see what happens when he's gone. It'll be interesting to see how these past few years will be viewed in 2025.
    he will still be in charge by then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Wouldn’t want to ever see the scenes at West Ham yesterday replicated in the Emirates. Felt sorry for their players and Moyes. Understand the emotion and frustration but it was classless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

omega man wrote: »
    Wouldn’t want to ever see the scenes at West Ham yesterday replicated in the Emirates.  Felt sorry for their players and Moyes.  Understand the emotion and frustration but it was classless.
    what scene?

what scene?

Pitch invasions specifically and gathering around directors box. Seemed families got caught up in it.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/972811879377760256?s=19

Maitland-Niles RB, Elneny in the middle. Ramsey out of the squad.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/972811879377760256?s=19

Maitland-Niles RB, Elneny in the middle. Ramsey out of the squad.

He’s going all out for Europa now.

Not a huge pile at stake here, I just want to see what damage Auba, Ozil & Mkhitaryan can do.

• Advertisement

He’s going all out for Europa now.

I think it's pretty much our strongest available lineup, bar Ramsey and Kos.

Looks like a lot of empty seats

Auba should have scored there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ball behind the defence. Playing to Auba's strength. WOW.

Maitland-Niles looks reassured is possession.

Large sections in the stands are half-empty. Sad to see but it needed to happen.

Large sections in the stands are half-empty. Sad to see but it needed to happen.

Just the weather Tayto.

Just the weather Tayto.
    ha ha, yeah, again.

Goal Mustafi, nice delivery

• Advertisement

Like to see Elneny starting.

This could be an enjoyable afternoon, should be one up already.

Shame our goal machine, Monreal is injured.

Mustafi! This will be a straight forward win.

Yes! Get in!

Great ball and header.

Good header Mustafi. 1 up.

Type of goal the Arsenal defence have been slaughtered for conceding.

• Advertisement

Iwobi's use of the ball is terrible so far..
    Elneny has loads of energy, all over the pitch.

Iwobi's use of the ball is terrible so far..
    Elneny has loads of energy, all over the pitch.

I'm disliking Iwobi more and more. Elneny is really growing on me.

I'm disliking Iwobi more and more. Elneny is really growing on me.
    Elneny is never going to be world class but could be a very good squad player.

Iwobi's use of the ball is terrible so far.

He's has been under zero pressure throughout the game, loads of time to pick a man and still can't find land a cross.

I cannot see what Wenger see's in him. Maybe the homegrown rule is having an impact.

He's has been under zero pressure throughout the game, loads of time to pick a man and still can't find land a cross.

I cannot see what Wenger see's in him. Maybe the homegrown rule is having an impact.

I think Wenger prides himself on bringing young players through and giving them a chance. Unfortunately he gives some of the crap ones way too many chances.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement