Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

How is that not a f***** peno???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Peno ???
    Dirty challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Stonewall pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If Cech does manage to keep the clean sheet, he definitely deserves it, because he's earned it with the penalty save and a few decent saves earlier on.

That was more of a peno than the other one.

Danny replaces Arnie. Twins.

• Advertisement

Like for like substitution!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Iwobi stinking the place out.

Little or no effect on the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Iwobi just isn't cut out for this level of football. I know our level hasn't exactly been great recently but still, he needs to be shipped out in the summer for me.

NDWC wrote: »
    Iwobi just isn't cut out for this level of football. I know our level hasn't exactly been great recently but still, he needs to be shipped out in the summer for me.

Would we get 10M for him?

NDWC wrote: »

Wait until after he spoofs himself as a top player at the world cup, then flog him off

• Advertisement

Another goal for Micky. As it stands, we got a better deal than United, quite surprisingly.

Mickey with a goal. He's played well.

Assist for Auba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yes! Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

3-0 Mkhitaryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mkhitaryan makes it 3-0 :D

He deserved the goal. Worked hard throughout the game.

If these dirty punks injure Jack, I'm gonna be very annoyed.

Another link up between those 2, Aubamayang with the assist. Nice!

Clean sheet now please

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    If these dirty punks injure Jack, I'm gonna be very annoyed.
    These remind me of Stoke.No addition to the EPL.

• Advertisement

Mesut Ozil has become the quickest player in Premier League history to reach 50 assists.

Elneny has some engine. Sprinting up the field there at 88 mins.

Weird hearing the players so much

Martin Atkinson has been, is and in future will continue to be a complete and utter useless official. A good job this game is not a tight one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Quazzie wrote: »
    Would we get 10M for him?

FYP :pac:

In all seriousness though I'm sure we'd get 10 or 12 million at least considering he's a full international and apparently plays well (!) for Nigeria most of the time.

Without trying to sound horrible, unless I'm missing something I just don't see why he should be kept on or why he's being persisted with.

Cech!!!

Delighted for him and to see the back of all the talk about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Basil3 wrote: »
    Another goal for Micky. As it stands, we got a better deal than United, quite surprisingly.

Bearing in mind the turbulent times at the club as well.

I'm delighted because United fans were quite arrogant when the deal was done and presumed they had screwed us over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

As bad as Cech has been recently I felt a bit sorry for him applauding a mostly empty stadium at the end after getting 200 PL clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    As bad as Cech has been recently I felt a bit sorry for him applauding a mostly empty stadium at the end after getting 200 PL clean sheets.

I'm sure his payslip will put an ease to his woes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Missed the whole thing today as I had a game of my own.
    Gimme the lowdown in 3 sentences or less!

wonga77 wrote: »
    Missed the whole thing today as I had a game of my own.
    Gimme the lowdown in 3 sentences or less!

Watford are ****. Cech clean sheet. Wenger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

marvin80 wrote: »
    Bearing in mind the turbulent times at the club as well.

I'm delighted because United fans were quite arrogant when the deal was done and presumed they had screwed us over again.

That's just not true. Miki had plenty of well wishes and good sentiment when leaving.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

That's just not true. Miki had plenty of well wishes and good sentiment when leaving.

That has nothing to do with the point being made. You can wish Micky well, while still thinking that you had screwed over Arsenal in the deal.

If we swapped Cech for De Gea, I'd be wishing Cech well when leaving.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Basil3 wrote: »
    That has nothing to do with the point being made. You can wish Micky well, while still thinking that you had screwed over Arsenal in the deal.

If we swapped Cech for De Gea, I'd be wishing Cech well when leaving.....

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah in the face of it the deal did look heavily skewed in United's favour but with the caveat that Miki could well flourish in the arsenal set up.

I didn't realise the entire fanbase had been arrogantly portraying it as united screwing arsenal in the transfer market. Getting the better end of the deal? Sure, a screw job not so much.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Few records broken there earlier

1000th Home Premier league goals by Arsenal
    200th Premier league clean sheet - Cech
    50th Premier league assist - Ozil
    700th win by Wenger as Arsenal coach

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    Few records broken there earlier

1000th Home Premier league goals by Arsenal
    200th Premier league clean sheet - Cech
    50th Premier league assist - Ozil
    700th win by Wenger as Arsenal coach

FYP

Naturally ive tended to have something between apathy and indifference for Arsenal this season irregardless of result but todays result was nice in that Cech achieved his milestone, Aubameyang and Mkhi linked up well and that absolute cock Deeney couldnt hack the heat when it was on him. Aint Karma a biatch?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

newbie2 wrote: »
    I'm sure his payslip will put an ease to his woes

These sort of posts do my head in, he gets a big wage so he should be made of stone. I'm sure he would have liked a full stadium to roar even louder than they did when he saved the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ah lads the Jamie carragher thread on here is crack up.

Nothing like a couple of wins to murder the Arsenal thread. Fu*k sake Wenger, can you do anything right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Nzonzi playing some stuff in the middle for seville tonight , wernt we linked with him not too long ago , tidy player :)

Seen sanchez played a blinder too haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Nzonzi playing some stuff in the middle for seville tonight , wernt we linked with him not too long ago , tidy player :)

Seen sanchez played a blinder too haha

So composed and calm on the ball and a powerful player too (not talking about Sanchez !)

Didn’t see the game, but have been reading about how bad a team player Sanchez has been for United. Hardly breaking news now is it? Delighted for that manager and that club. Maybe we actually got the best we could out of the stroppy kid!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Didn’t see the game, but have been reading about how bad a team player Sanchez has been for United. Hardly breaking news now is it? Delighted for that manager and that club. Maybe we actually got the best we could out of the stroppy kid!

He'll play a blinder against someone soon, and all their fans will be claiming he's world class again.

But it won't last long and he'll soon drop back to losing balls repeatedly and being overall rubbish.

emmetlego wrote: »

He looked world class for us for most of his time here. Somehow he’s even regressed from his latter form at Arsenal which I can’t help but find funny. He could have sat on city’s bench and picked up some significant silverware. Dumb.

omega man wrote: »
    He looked world class for us for most of his time here. .

I really don't think he did. I've been criticizing him since his second season here (feel free to search back). He was never world class, just had some world class moments among the dross that seemed to confuse those who prefer to wear rose tinted glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

I thought the totally football pod had an interesting bit about Sanchez at Arsenal this week.

I knew everybody didn't like him but had no idea to the extent that they made out.

Said when they pinned the stats from each game on a board after the match the players would regularly call out Sanchez for 'playing up to the cameras' as his figures would always be significantly lower than everybody else for distance run and passes completed etc.. but he was always the one waving his arms around looking like hes the only one trying.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I really don't think he did. I've been criticizing him since his second season here (feel free to search back). He was never world class, just had some world class moments among the dross that seemed to confuse those who prefer to wear rose tinted glasses.

This is one thing you & me definitely agree on.

al87987 wrote: »
    I thought the totally football pod had an interesting bit about Sanchez at Arsenal this week.

I knew everybody didn't like him but had no idea to the extent that they made out.

Said when they pinned the stats from each game on a board after the match the players would regularly call out Sanchez for 'playing up to the cameras' as his figures would always be significantly lower than everybody else for distance run and passes completed etc.. but he was always the one waving his arms around looking like hes the only one trying.

That was very interesting.

He had some great moments for us, no question, but you could visibly see the other players shoulders slump when another move came to a shuddering halt because he bundled into someone, or Pogba'd it straight out for a throw.

Sanchez scored 0.49 goals per game. Second only to Henry during the Wenger era as far as I can see.

The revisionism by some is unreal. I understand the attitude issues and losing the ball frustrations but seriously come on!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement