Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

ffs i tried to buy tickets for this match a week ago and it was sold out yet looking at the stadium it certainly is NOT sold out. WTF!!

It's sold out including season ticket holders but a lot of them are (quiet rightly) not bothering to turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Quazzie wrote: »
    ffs i tried to buy tickets for this match a week ago and it was sold out yet looking at the stadium it certainly is NOT sold out. WTF!!

It's sold out including season ticket holders but a lot of them are (quiet rightly) not bothering to turn up
    So why the **** did they buy tickets then? greedy as it prevents me and others going

So why the **** did they buy tickets then? greedy as it prevents me and others going

They're season ticket holders. They have tickets for every match. They just go to the ones they want to watch and lately that's obviously not a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im not at all confident when we start the tippy tappy stuff at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Milan defending well

They're season ticket holders. They have tickets for every match. They just go to the ones they want to watch and lately that's obviously not a lot.
    glory hunters and not real arsenal fans. plastic fans more like. They probably gone to see if they can get  a season ticket for city.

Why cant there season ticket be taken away from them if they dont attend say 70% of the matches a season?

glory hunters and not real arsenal fans. plastic fans more like. They probably gone to see if they can get  a season ticket for city.

Why cant there season ticket be taken away from them if they dont attend say 70% of the matches a season?

Because they pay upfront so Arsenal couldn't give a flying fúck if they actually turn up. There are plenty of REAL fans out there who are sick of watching this pathetic weak brand of football Wenger plays, especially when it is a second rate competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Many have been in their families for decades. They’re not plastic fans, far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Aaaaand I'm off to the gym, my heart won't be able for this car crash.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

why are we so bad defensively...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ospina is so poor.

Game on. Time to see what we're made of

That's a disgusting decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Was some hit in fairness, with a lot of dip and swerve. Not sure if id blame Ospina there.

what a decision - crazy

Celtic 2 from years ago again.

Its all the media will talk about now.

Ah shocking dive from Welbeck there. Don’t know why Rodriguez put his arm up like that though.

Jesus Christ Welbeck :pac:

Cant give out about Kane now

embarrassing dive from Welbeck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Was Welbeck even touched

He put it away though fair play, fully expected him to **** it up

looking at it again there must of been contact for the defender to put his arms up so quick - but probably never a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Welbeck meant to fall over for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Cheating to get an equalizer. I feel embarrassed.

wtf.

shocking i a not happy about that dive

• Advertisement

As I say when these things happen in football whether its for or against, they usually even themselves out over the season

wtf.

shocking i a not happy about that dive

I'd say you'd be less happy if they had done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Bull**** call. Welbeck lucky he wasn't carded. Seems to go down easy far too often.

Wasn't his biggest fan beforehand due to his total lack of skill, but I hate that ****. **** off back to Utd if you want to play like that.

As I say when these things happen in football whether its for or against, they usually even themselves out over the season

I don't mind applying that when its 50/50 or a difficult decision for the ref to make but that was a shocking call. The assistant ref right there, couldn't be placed better and he gives a penalty.
    We'll have no luck for that. An embarrassing dive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Absolutely outrageous call.
    Replay.

• Advertisement

Don't pundits now always say if you feel contact you have to go down nowadays or you're manager wont be happy????

Great game so far

wonga77 wrote: »
    I don't mind applying that when its 50/50 or a difficult decision for the ref to make but that was a shocking call. The assistant ref right there, couldn't be placed better and he gives a penalty.
    We'll have no luck for that. An embarrassing dive
    Well thats exactly what I mean, I am sure they has been or will be a calamitous decision against us to even that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

except its not a season like a league its a knock out phase and due to it Milan may be sent packing

Warren Barton on the stream I’m watching on, says it was a penalty.

Warren Barton on the stream I’m watching on, says it was a penalty.

Yeah just noticed that, must be one of a very tiny few on the planet who think it was a penalty. The game is fcuked if the pundits start defending a decision like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Not enough for a penalty for me, would be fuming if it was given against us. I'll take the gift nonetheless. Looks like the assistant ref gave it not the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Don't pundits now always say if you feel contact you have to go down nowadays or you're manager wont be happy????

I think there's a certain amount of common sense assumed in that though. Like, fair enough if your feet get touched without it being enough to send you down, you go down. But a vague brushing of the shoulder. It's a particularly weird one, 'cause I wouldn't expect that to be a free anywhere else on the field, even if the player throws himself to the ground.

Just particularly bad judgement by everyone involved on the reffing team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Amazing.

The ref at the goal line finally, finally actually impacts the game, and it's comically scandalously wrong.

Terrible dive, Welbz. F*ck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

First time watching Arsenal in a while and what’s sticking out for me is how good Ozil looks. He’s laying chances on a plate and putting the balls into places where players should be making runs to, but they’re not. Twice now he’s sent through balls forward into positions where Wellbeck should be attacking them, but he’s been off the pace. I can see him getting frustrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The standard of officiating in this game has been appalling. Arsenal players throwing themselves on the ground and getting everything given their way.

The standard of officiating in this game has been appalling. Arsenal players throwing themselves on the ground and getting everything given their way.

I agree.

It feels weird to actually have a ref on our side for a change. :confused:

Didn't a milan player just get booked for diving?

He did, and correctly so.

Yup. Which is kind of ironic in a way.

This will be a win for arsenal, Milan starting to look frustrated and can't convert chances. Kalinic missing that free header is endemic of their frustrations.

Xhaka. Get in ya beaut. Poor goalkeeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Xhaka boom

Xhaka. Get in ya beaut. Poor goalkeeping

Kid won't live that down for a while.

Kid won't live that down for a while.

Feel bad for him. The looks on the faces of the fans behind him sums it up

• Advertisement

Shocking goalkeeping there, but I’ll take it. Should be enough now to make the next round.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement