Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Apologies if this was posted already
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41857095
    Is there a medical reason why a skin graft would have to be taken from his arm? Looks very weird having half the tattoo across his ankle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wonga77 wrote: »
    Apologies if this was posted already
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41857095
    Is there a medical reason why a skin graft would have to be taken from his arm? Looks very weird having half the tattoo across his ankle

Presumably for an easier recovery where the graft was taken? Anywhere else would probably suffer from movement, i.e. stretches and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I can't believe how utterly ****e our midfield is.

Most people called it before the season began.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Ironic that Wenger thinks the standard of referring has declined over the years. Why does that decline talk sound familiar?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I can't believe how utterly ****e our midfield is.

Most people called it before the season began.

Our defence is a bigger shambles imo.
    They compliment each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Superstar signing left on the bench for the big games so far shows that Wenger is still trying to show hes the boss.
    Hes fcuking up the club on a day to day basis and Kroenke is fcuking it up long term...a match made in hell for Arsenal supporters.

Lets pray to god,allah or whofcukingever that we pull out a performance against tottenham.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Superstar signing left on the bench for the big games so far shows that Wenger is still trying to show hes the boss.
    Hes fcuking up the club on a day to day basis and Kroenke is fcuking it up long term...a match made in hell for Arsenal supporters.

Lets pray to god,allah or whofcukingever that we pull out a performance against tottenham.

I don't know if it's him trying to show he's the boss. I can understand why he wanted to drop an all out attacker and favour a more defensive side.

The problem I have is that Ozil or Sanchez should have been the ones dropped. I can see this being a repeat of the Ox situation where he thinks that by playing these guys week in, week out, he's going to somehow convince them to extend their contracts. Idiotic.

Lacazette must be wishing he held out for atletico.

Dropped twice and hauled off every match despite scoring 6 goals.

Wenger has lost it, pathetic decisions from him.

He has no idea what he is doing anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The sad thing about all this is that I now struggle to get worked up about Arsenal. Match days used to be all giddy excitement, and now it's just another day. I know it's just my personal experience, but I don't think I'm alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Basil3 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's him trying to show he's the boss. I can understand why he wanted to drop an all out attacker and favour a more defensive side.

The problem I have is that Ozil or Sanchez should have been the ones dropped. I can see this being a repeat of the Ox situation where he thinks that by playing these guys week in, week out, he's going to somehow convince them to extend their contracts. Idiotic.
    Wenger couldn't drop either of them because in his own world of pure arrogance he still thinks both of them are going to sign new contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

As I have said already I expect nothing from the team this season. As long as Wenger is manager and even beyond him we aren't going to win the league. We'll pick up the odd cup.

Since accepting this I have found my blood pressure on match days has improved. Its pretty sad and like others I don't really care who we are playing anymore. I guess I am only still a fan because of habit at this stage.

Something changed after rooney ended our unbeaten run in 2004.

Was never the same again.

And moving from Highbury.

I think money is the goal.
    More important to the owners than trophies and what manager gets a 2 million rise despite the shyte performances.
    There are no sanctions or punishments for players or manager despite the rubbish performances. Why would they bother? They have no pride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Something changed when Abramovic turned up and started buying all the silverware. No one suffered more than Arsene from that bull****.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Something changed when Abramovic turned up and started buying all the silverware. No one suffered more than Arsene from that bull****.
    Everyone else moved with the times. We didn't. We're still stuck in the past in faint hopes that some day FFP will come along to save us by punishing everyone else.

• Advertisement

See Leicester city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

See Leicester city.

Anyone who would trade places with Leicester for their one freak league win needs their head examined. They'll be back in the Champ within 5 years.

See Leicester city.

I swear to jesus.

If we assume City will win the league this year, that'll be 4 of the last 5 gone to oil sugar daddy clubs. Leicester's one in a million season being the other.

What's your point?

To put it another way, aside from the Leicester season, which I totally agree we dropped the ball on, the title has been won by either an oil billionare club or the richest club in the country managed by the greatest manager in the history of the game in England.

I'm not saying there aren't many, many things that need addressing, but losing sight of this fact is a mistake.

Edit: an using that one Leicester season as a benchmark for anything is beyond unreasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

How wealthy do you think Leicesters owner is?

Theres more billionaire owners/groupd in the league than non-billionaire owners/groups.

Bournemouth, Burnely, Huddersfield, Swansea, Watford and West Ham (just), are the only owners/groups that arent worth billions, if sources are to be believed.

• Advertisement

Jaysus the Irish Times are reporting that an American consortium want to take over Dundalk.
    Is there no escaping these people. They keep taking over the clubs I follow.

Why did we have to wear that stupid black and pink jersey instead of red and white against Man City?

I mean, I know why, but it's bollcks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Why did we have to wear that stupid black and pink jersey instead of red and white against Man City?

Why? Please tell me it's not to sell more of them??? Classic colours whenever possible for me please!

The pink was fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

The pink was fitting.

Careful now, the liberals will have a field day with that remark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

emmetlego wrote: »
    The pink was fitting.

Careful now, the liberals will have a field day with that remark!

Yellow would surely be more apt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I remember Arsenal used to change strip against the likes of City, Everton and Leeds back in the pre EPL days. If even the shorts clashed then the away kit was worn.

Might be a tradition like the long/short sleeve thing?

No, it's just to sell shirts. Nothing else to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I hate that puma make our kits.
    I hate that a Dubai government company is the sponsor.
    I hate that we not only have stupidly coloured "third" kits.
    I hate that we now have a new home jersey every single year.
    I hate that they don't fit men, skinny boys only.
    I even hate our new shïtty crest.

That's only the jersey. Our club is fücking rotten, I'd be here all day if I was to go into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Whatever about a third shirt being whatever the f**k colour will sell, the away shirts should be kept the traditional blue/yellow IMO... hate the fact we have had grey/yellow, wine/navy hoops, white shirts!!! pale blues/dark blues, lightning bolts, etc. as or on our 2nd strip... yellow shirts, blue shorts yellow socks & leave it at that... the modern marvel of the third shirt can be a designers plaything but please leave the clubs classic colours alone.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

id question his decision to start iwobi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I really like the black kit we have this year.

On the subject of kits, a page that might be of interest to some by Denis Hurley

https://museumofjerseys.com/tag/arsenal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://archive.org/details/track-0-2

Hey guys I started my own podcast , It's gonna be done weekly and mostly about Arsenal with a little bit about other big stories Would love if you guys sent me in a few questions for next weeks one :) and would love your feedback , MY recording equipment isn't the best at the moment and I have a cough so it may not sound amazing but please give a listen :)

Hey guys I started my own podcast , It's gonna be done weekly and mostly about Arsenal with a little bit about other big stories Would love if you guys sent me in a few questions for next weeks one :) and would love your feedback , MY recording equipment isn't the best at the moment and I have a cough so it may not sound amazing but please give a listen :)

Sounds good. Best of luck Brian with that. Out of little acorns and all that jazz.

I'd say Arseblog is quaking in his boots! :):D

Best of luck mister. I'll try contribute if I can.

Fair play, man.

I'll have a listen over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fair play.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million lads, already have a new sound recorder bought so hopefully the next episode will sound a lot better :) pm me any questions you have for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Giroud has picked up an injury wuth France. Its his thigh apparently. No idea how serious

Thanks a million lads, already have a new sound recorder bought so hopefully the next episode will sound a lot better :) pm me any questions you have for it :)

You'll be the Cork Robbie Lyle. We'll see you interviewing DT and Claude one of these days :D Great effort.
    Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Looks like we all over Fekir

liam7831 wrote: »
    Looks like we all over Fekir

Replacement for Ozil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mike Dean to ref on Saturday. What fun! Hopefully he won't be any worse than Oliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

greendom wrote: »
    Mike Dean to ref on Saturday. What fun! Hopefully he won't be any worse than Oliver

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/930106758919487488

Hopefully not Paddypower got a laugh out of me all the same with the above tweet.

Hey guys will be recording episode 2 of my podcast tomorrow , Would love some questions for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fair play lad. I'd love to do a podcast but I'm worried I'd turn into Claude.

I'm sure I'm already well on my way I reckon lol

Hey guys will be recording episode 2 of my podcast tomorrow , Would love some questions for it :)

How would you like to see the transition, from Wenger to Post Wenger? We can all (mostly) agree that Wenger will not get us to the level we want to be at it again, but what manager can step in, and take over? How can we make it seamless as possible?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement