Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

That was ridiculous from Iwobi all the net to aim at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

05140487e42473853683abe88f41e7e0b4aae6-wm.jpg?v=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Welbz for Laca as a concept makes my heart sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It annoys me that we always seem to take our foot off the pedal when going 3 or 4 up.

Can we not win 6 or 7-0 once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What does Ramsey have to do to get his hat trick. Disallowed a goal. Shoots just over. Hits the upright. How close can he get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Quazzie wrote: »
    What does Ramsey have to do to get his hat trick. Disallowed a goal. Shoots just over. Hits the upright. How close can he get.

He certainly deserves one tonight alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Iwobi and Welbeck do not have football brains.
    They will do the wrong thing 8 out of 10 times.

If these lads get a second they're very much back in the tie.

Iwobi and Welbeck do not have football brains.

Or football ability.

A dangerous mix.

Job should be done. Can't see these lads not conceding at home especially when they have to look for goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Great result but could have easily killed the tie with a 5th. Well done all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good result tonight but it's only half time. Delighted with Ozil, that man ran the show tonight. Superb goals by Ramsey and Laca, they'll be buzzing now. Laca fancied a hat-trick tonight but Wenger took him off and he wasn't pleased about it. Onto Southampton now before the trip to Moscow for the return leg. Cool heads needed over there to see the tie through. A very good night! Well done boys! COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

That was our first European quarter-final in 8 years. The sooner Wenger leaves, the better.

That was our first European quarter-final in 8 years. The sooner Wenger leaves, the better.

Thanks for pointing that out. If we make the semis, will you please remind us how long it has been since our last European semi? Also, please don't forget to remind us about #WengerOut.

Three little things here:

1. How many European quarter finals have we ever been in?

2. It's mad to use the end of a drought to make this point.

3. We won 4-1. Should have been about 10-1. We're the top scorers in the competition.

Just bleedin enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

IMO that puts the Ramsey v Wilshire argument to bed anyway. Get Ramsey signed to a new deal ASAP. No more messing about, get it done.
    Can't bear the thoughts of him heading to Manchester on a free as rumoured recently.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    IMO that puts the Ramsey v Wilshire argument to bed anyway. Get Ramsey signed to a new deal ASAP. No more messing about, get it done.
    Can't bear the thoughts of him heading to Manchester on a free as rumoured recently.

For me it's always been a clear cut choice. Compare which clubs would probably come in for Ramsey vs Wilshere.

DvB wrote: »

You can't put it to bed on the evidence of one game.
    I have seen games where Ramsey was muck and Wilshere was brilliant.
    That happens to players, they can have stinkers when nothing goes right, and then play great in the next match. Jack's decision making last night was very poor but it has not happened very often. He has rarely let the side down.

Ramsey is one of our most valuable players when he's on his game, like he was last night. Like Jack he has had his poor outings too.

I like both players and would try to keep both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If Wilshire signs fair enough but I don't think we should be looking to increase the offer made to him. If he does leave I'm sure we can do better.

We really do need to tie Ramsey down though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

You can't put it to bed on the evidence of one game.
    I have seen games where Ramsey was muck and Wilshere was brilliant.
    That happens to players, they can have stinkers when nothing goes right, and then play great in the next match. Jack's decision making last night was very poor but it has not happened very often. He has rarely let the side down.

Ramsey is one of our most valuable players when he's on his game, like he was last night. Like Jack he has had his poor outings too.

I like both players and would try to keep both.

I had pretty much already made up my mind that Ramsey is by far the more valuable player & one we need to keep, but his performance last night simply reinforced that opinion further. I'd never form an opinion on just one game.

Like you ideally i'd like to see both remain, but if we had to keep just the one theres no debate AFAIC, I'd be doing my everything I could to keep AR.

Fingers crossed theres no dithering & we get a deal done ASAP.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    If Wilshire signs fair enough but I don't think we should be looking to increase the offer made to him. If he does leave I'm sure we can do better.

We really do need to tie Ramsey down though

From what I've read, the offer has been made and that's all he'll get, Arsenal will not budge no matter how long he leaves it.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Three little things here:

1. How many European quarter finals have we ever been in?

2. It's mad to use the end of a drought to make this point.

3. We won 4-1. Should have been about 10-1. We're the top scorers in the competition.

Just bleedin enjoy it.

I agree with all your points except for it being 10-1, it's should have been 12-5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

news about Mkhitaryan's injury

https://www.arsenal.com/news/latest-henrikh-mkhitaryans-injury

"Micki came off and he will be out for Sunday. He has a scan and the fear is that his medial knee ligament has been touched. We’ll know more about that soon. For how long he will be out, I don’t know."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Heres the podcast guys https://soundcloud.com/brian-oregan-932825069/bp-zone-episode-23

Sorry about the lateness , will probably be moving to early Friday every week from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

That’s bad news about Mkhitaryan, though kind of expected it after he went down the 2nd time. He was playing well and linking up well with the other forwards. Who will play in his absence? Aubamayang in the league but the EL is more important. Danny or Iwobi maybe? Hardly inspiring!

emmetlego wrote: »
    That’s bad news about Mkhitaryan, though kind of expected it after he went down the 2nd time. He was playing well and linking up well with the other forwards. Who will play in his absence? Aubamayang in the league but the EL is more important. Danny or Iwobi maybe? Hardly inspiring!

I seen somewhere 2-3 weeks which seems short for a medial ligament injury unless it's only a slight strain.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/982955073574752256?s=19

Interesting lineup. A lot of the big guns rested for Thursday. Hope Nelson does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Looking forward to seeing Nelson play in the AM role. He is widely regarded as the next big thing in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Tbh I'm not sure Iwobi or Welbeck should even be in the second XI. Maybe that's harsh but I can't see what either brings to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

NDWC wrote: »
    Tbh I'm not sure Iwobi or Welbeck should even be in the second XI. Maybe that's harsh but I can't see what either brings to the table.

They both bring the same thing, lots of running around like headless chickens and fúck all else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Welbeck and Iwobi in the same starting lineup.........

Words can't describe how ridiculously ridiculous conceding that goal is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The sooner the better this season is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Time to have Mustafi put down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Oh Mustafi, please find a new club in the summer.

• Advertisement

Ah FFS Mustafi

WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How can Mustafi blame Cech for that? He's pure useless.

Shane Longs 2nd league goal of the season. You’re welcome Shane.

Have to admire how Mustafi had the balls to blame Cech for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Should be investigated for match fixing.. mustafi bet on Shane Long to be first goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some amount of empty seats. Is there an active fan group boycott going on or is it just people stay away by themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You can only laugh they really have zero idea how they are meant to be playing, once In Southampton half they look to keep bringing it back to the CBS.

Take a bow Arsene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Easier to score against Arsenal than it is to score in a brothel ffs ...mustafi has the neck to start on at Cech lol...typical Arsenal shambles at the back I suppose

Basil3 wrote: »
    Words can't describe how ridiculously ridiculous conceding that goal is.

It's remarkable how our defending can make you furious in a dead rubber game.

Like, that is impressive.

Some amount of empty seats. Is there an active fan group boycott going on or is it just people stay away by themselves?

No our fans are too classy for boycotts and protests apparently. They'll sit a moan but won't force the change because Arsene did well 20 years ago

Soups123 wrote: »
    You can only laugh they really have zero idea how they are meant to be playing, once In Southampton half they look to keep bringing it back to the CBS.

Take a bow Arsene

Have to remember it's very much a second string side. I can forgive that.

I can't forgive defending that would get you a bollicking in the mid-30s walking football style of 5 a side I play.

It's a dead rubber. Simple as that.

Auba is leathal

Such a pity he’s cup tied

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement