Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fabulous goal. All about Welbeck! Decent pass from Elneny too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

That's our Danny

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think that says more about you than us........

Trust me, it doesn't. I'm a rational person :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good man Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Trust me, it doesn't. I'm a rational person :)

That's what irrational people always say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Welbz the only man who has stood up tonight.

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's what irrational people always say
    I'm a stable genius.

Say what you like about Danny Welbeck he keeps trying at the very least while so called world class players like Ozil go missing in action when we are in a tight game

Of course anyone counting their chickens now is insane.

We need at least one more.

• Advertisement

Say what you like about Danny Welbeck he keeps trying at the very least while so called world class players like Ozil go missing in action when we are in a tight game

After he messed up that fast break, he just stood there. Didn't even try to win it back.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Of course anyone counting their chickens now is insane.

We need at least one more.

Two ****e teams out there tbh.

I dread the day that I find Wenger more annoying than the bitching and moaning in this thread.

Ah yes of course sure why would Arsenal supporters have anything to bitch about at this present moment in time

:rolleyes:

Ah yes of course sure why would Arsenal supporters have anything to bitch about at this present moment in time

:rolleyes:

Going into the semis of Europa? It's our level at the moment, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If we end up playing them I can see us struggling badly against Atletico

Going into the semis of Europa? It's our level at the moment, unfortunately.

For one of the wealthiest clubs in the world it shouldn't be. People have every right to complain and make their feelings known. A terribly coached team

• Advertisement

For one of the wealthiest clubs in the world it shouldn't be. People have every right to complain and make their feelings known. A terribly coached team

Yeah, I guess I'm the type of person that doesn't have much time for moaning. For others it's a favourite pastime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Christ that was poor from Iwobi (again).

Yeah, I guess I'm the type of person that doesn't have much time for moaning. For others it's a favourite pastime.

Aren't you a real hero. Go you!

And you can't even see the blatant irony in your statement....you continuously moan about others moaning

The same weird not-a-pass-or-a-shot that Iwobi did in our last match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Alex Iwobi isn't even related to a footballer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That was very Iwobi-ish finish by Iwobi

Commentator: "He needs to add goalscoring to his otherwise impressive game"

?

Aren't you a real hero. Go you!

And you can't even see the blatant irony in your statement....you continuously moan about others moaning

No irony, was just pointing out something. Moan away.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

EASY, EASY, EASY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ramsey as cool as you like!

Classy from Rambo. Sign him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Yes boi, good finish from Ramsey

2 lovely assists from Elneny

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The finish has given me a semi.

Bit of character shown there. Onto the semis

Bit of character shown there. Onto the semis

• Advertisement

Arsenal
    Atletico Madrid
    Marseilles
    Salzburg

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The finish has given me a semi.

Ensured the whole club got a semi too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Arsenal
    Atletico Madrid
    Marseilles
    Salzburg

Hopefully avoid Madrid in SF draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Wasn’t a great game to say the least, but got the job done in the end. Delighted to be in the semis now. Will need to play better of course. Cech looks past it this season, so will be interesting to see which keepers are on the radar this summer.

Delighted for Welbeck. He really has played himself into form. Really important for us with no Auba in the Europa and Mikhi out.

greendom wrote: »
    Delighted for Welbeck. He really has played himself into form. Really important for us with no Auba in the Europa and Mikhi out.

I did not see that coming.

Just quoting this so you don't ninja edit later.

I'll gladly stand behind those comments. Why would I ninja edit it? Ill have my opinion and I'll stand by it. You come across as a proper knob quite frankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭dinorebel

El Neny was an absolute steal at 5 million should be a regular at the base of midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good result. Poor performance.
    Some of our lads need a wake-up call if we're to win this competition.
    Our defence is very poor and will probably cost us ant success.
    Monrael was very poor for the goal. Mustafi is very hit and miss. Kos was ok tonight, got a few important blocks and tackles. Bellerin ??? what has happened to this lad? He can't tackle, can't pass. can't defend and can't cross. Someone must have swapped him for a pub league player.
    Jack was poor again, goes to ground too easily, Ozil is in and out of the game too much. I don't think Wenger wants him tackling in case he gets injured. Ramsey was just ok tonight. Laca was poor tonight and Danny was good, endless running but he's still a very limited footballer. Elneny was our best player.

We will need more cohesive performances if we are to win this. The team is far too hot and cold with with some players just not good enough.

• Advertisement

Since Bellerin burst on the scene he has regressed. Seems more interested in fashion these days

wonga77 wrote: »
    Since Bellerin burst on the scene he has regressed. Seems more interested in fashion these days

Can't stand him. Hopefully a new manager will come in and shove him out the door first thing but that's the way an ideal world works

So, 6-3 on agg in a European quarter final.

Are we still top scorers in this? Presume so.

If we beat them 4-1 at home, and then come back from 2 nil down away, does that mean we have some mental strength after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

nice to have a semi to look forward to...if you know what i mean:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys will have the podcast up tommorow , Posting because I want to ask would some of you be interested in a phone in show with my self and Jamie who run the pod next week seen as there will be no european game, I'm currently setting up Skype for it at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

dinorebel wrote: »
    El Neny was an absolute steal at 5 million should be a regular at the base of midfield.

He played his heart out and did excellently, but I think he has poor technical ability, so many times it took him ages to get the ball undercontrol. Steal at 5 mil but I'm not sure about him starting all the time.

Absolutely delighted for Welbeck, such a form based on confidence player. Hopefully he can stay confident and keep the form up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

wonga77 wrote: »

When talk of Barcelona showing interest started he lost the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

dinorebel wrote: »

Best Egyptian in the league by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The draw is in twenty minutes apparently. I wouldn't give Arsenal a hope of getting past Atletico over two legs, so vital to avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

The draw is in twenty minutes apparently. I wouldn't give Arsenal a hope of getting past Atletico over two legs, so vital to avoid them.

I'm must be the only one who is not that worried about getting Athletico? I feel we'd be up for it from the get go. If we got a weaker side I feel we'd Arsenal it up by underestimating them which has been seen many times before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You've seen the way Arsenal have defended recently?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement