Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

liam7831 wrote: »
    Looks like we all over Fekir

All we need to do now is sign Drink, Arse and Girls and we have the full Fr Jack vocabulary.

Quazzie wrote: »
    How would you like to see the transition, from Wenger to Post Wenger? We can all (mostly) agree that Wenger will not get us to the level we want to be at it again, but what manager can step in, and take over? How can we make it seamless as possible?

Even Ancellotti wouldnt be a bad option temporarily if he was available but id go Simeoone or Allegri....Probably Allegri number one choice.

Sooner that washed up phoney gets out of the club the better. Sick of his ego and his excuses. We have been shít longer then we have been great under him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hey guys will be recording episode 2 of my podcast tomorrow , Would love some questions for it :)

Why is Aaron Ramsey so criminally underrated by this forum and Arsenal fans in general? Cant name a better centre midfielder in the league tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Hey guys will be recording episode 2 of my podcast tomorrow , Would love some questions for it :)

Why is Aaron Ramsey so criminally underrated by this forum and Arsenal fans in general? Cant name a better centre midfielder in the league tbh
    Sorry, but whaaaaa?

There is times he can be braindead but thats symptomatic of the whole culture at the club. The start of the 2013/14 season Ramsey was flying it when the team was clicking. Overall he had a great season that year. But he has suffered since due to the team flakiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What about what Barry Glendenning was saying last week, that Rambo and Sanchez don't like each other to the point where they effectively refuse to pass to each other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I wouldnt get too hung up on Ramsey, I suspect he'll be off as soon as his contract is up.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ramsey isn't remotely close to the best central midfielder in the league. I'd completely question his ability to play that position, he roams the pitch and provides absolutely no structure. Hes never available to take the ball from our center backs and is often way out of position when we don't have the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

There is times he can be braindead but thats symptomatic of the whole culture at the club. The start of the 2013/14 season Ramsey was flying it when the team was clicking. Overall he had a great season that year. But he has suffered since due to the team flakiness.

Seriously. Remember that one time he had a decent half season FOUR years ago?

Unfortunately he is a major contributor to the overall flakiness of the team. Can be good on his day but also infuriating with his lack of tracking back and stupid fuxking flicks in his own half

Seriously. Remember that one time he had a decent half season FOUR years ago?

Unfortunately he is a major contributor to the overall flakiness of the team. Can be good on his day but also infuriating with his lack of tracking back and stupid fuxking flicks in his own half
    I agree, but the same could be leveled at several members of the squad!

• Advertisement

Is it not the case that we were in good shape the Leicester season until Sanchez came back from injury and teamwork fell to sh*t?

Didn't he miss a couple of months around Christmas during which we went unbeaten?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The guardian has a good article on the gap between Arsenal and Spurs today, one that I find hard to argue with. Wouldn't normally put it up here, except for one humdinger of a line about Theo.
    At 28, Theo Walcott is the oldest promising teenager in the world. At 25, Jack Wilshere is a riddle wrapped in a mystery shrouded by the smoke of a cheeky cigarette. At 28, Kieran Gibbs is at West Brom. At 24, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain may just have got out in time.

I laughed anyway.

It's here.

Ooh, I've got one.

By 24 Oxlade Chamberlain has as many FA cups as Spurs have since the 1960s, despite playing in what's considered to be a comically barren spell for Arsenal.

At 28, Theo Walcott finally finshed the season behind Tottenam, 12 years into his Arsenal career.

Amazingly, this is being used as a stick with which to beat him and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

To be honest, the whole of English media's pitching of the current state of the clubs as Arsenal are the underdogs, Spurs have passed them out seems incredibly short-sighted.

Fair play to them for having their first actually decent team in living memory but in these three years of being decent their only achievement thus far is finishing above Arsenal. Once.

They are also one <insert superclub of your choice> phone call away from being stripped of the only things that have granted them this temporary lofted position. Levy may be the toast of chairman's dinners around the league but paying potential superstars 60k-100k in an era when bang average players can agent their way to 250k only makes them more likely to move on "because they want to win things".

In terms of global revenue / spending power / fanbase they are still a very long way behind Arsenal. I've heard they have a strong presence in London media circles and to be fair, those lads have probably dreamt of writing these articles for many, many years but they definitely shouldn't start counting chickens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It would help if Aaron Ramsey considered himself a central midfielder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

CatInABox wrote: »
    The guardian has a good article on the gap between Arsenal and Spurs today, one that I find hard to argue with. Wouldn't normally put it up here, except for one humdinger of a line about Theo.

I laughed anyway.

It's here.

It hurts to read that article, especially as it's hard to argue with. I would say that is the current snapshot and I think that things could change around quite quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CatInABox wrote: »

I laughed anyway.

It's here.

I thought it was a shyte article to be honest.

Spurs have improved no doubt but they wouldn't be the darling of the press if they didnt have English players. The media love a pop at Arsenal, and that article is the latest in a long line of over-hyped nonsense praising a team that at the end of the day have won nothing in over 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pure tashte

AdamD wrote: »
    Ramsey isn't remotely close to the best central midfielder in the league. I'd completely question his ability to play that position, he roams the pitch and provides absolutely no structure. Hes never available to take the ball from our center backs and is often way out of position when we don't have the ball.

When Ozil leaves, Ramsey should be looking to establish himself as the main no 10 in the squad. His best form has been in that position, and if he had two good passers behind him in midfield, his running and goal scoring ability could see him realise his potential in that position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://archive.org/details/BPZoneEpisode2

Here ya go guys :) answered questions best as I could and talk alot about Ireland at the start so skip that if ya want :D and thanks again

https://twitter.com/bpzonearsenal

On twitter now aswell :)

Also lads I know I'm going on alot on the page about this but it's only in the 1st few weeks while I still feel my way into it and figure out the schedule and stuff and I just want to thank everyone on this page for the questions and stuff and hopefully I can give ya a little bit of Arsenal themed entertainment every week :)

You wouldn’t know the NLD is on tomorrow morning, tumbleweed blowing through this thread.

A very good Arseblog out today, an interview with Ian Wright. His passion is brimming over for our club, could listen to him all day!

Excellent. Love it when Wrighty's on the Arsecast.

emmetlego wrote: »
    You wouldn’t know the NLD is on tomorrow morning, tumbleweed blowing through this thread.

I suspect most are hoping it goes by without too much pain being inflicted on us.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Absolutely, I have loads of stuff to do tomorrow, so I’ll start to watch the game and if I can see the inevitable about to start, I’ll get up and get to it!

• Advertisement

I've to bring the kids to their own football... I'll pretend the game isnt happening & check the FT score only. At least then its not enduring the death by a thousand cuts if I was using livescore notifications.

emmetlego wrote: »

A very good Arseblog out today, an interview with Ian Wright. His passion is brimming over for our club, could listen to him all day!

No the well is dry from enthusiasm. The club is fúcked all because of greed and a disconnect is growing with the fans and administrators of the club.

Moved work around so I can watch the match tomorrow. I'll likely regret it.

Are you going to stub a few cigarettes out on your wrist too while your at it? Maybe pour boiling hot water on your hand? Sure go the whole hog once your torturing yourself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My young fella has a birthday party tomorrow. In years gone by the match tomorrow would've been worked into the celebrations, but I don't want to ruin the party so I'll pretend the match isn't even happening. It's bad enough I basically abuse the child by making him watch Europa league games with me.

• Advertisement

Watch the match, then taking the kids off to see Ireland v Fiji at the Aviva. Either way, the day will end with a nice win (unless something crazy happens :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Some bad so-called 'fans' around here.

10 home league wins in a row obviously not enough for some people.

I'll be cheering on the gunners and with Alderweireld out and maybe Lloris too, I can just about sniff a positive result.

Score draw.

al87987 wrote: »
    Some bad so-called 'fans' around here.

10 home league wins in a row obviously not enough for some people.

I'll be cheering on the gunners and with Alderweireld out and maybe Lloris too, I can just about sniff a positive result.

Score draw.

Yawn....More simple minded 'your not a real fan if you are negative' nonsense :rolleyes:

Wake up and smell the coffee. The club dont give a shít about the fans so its understandable the fans are beginning to feel a general apathy toward the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We havent beaten their over-hyped arses in 6 games. I hope Lehmann takes them all aside, grabs them by the balls (skip Theo, he aint got none), looks them in the eyes and scares the crap out of them so they're afraid to come back into the dressing room unless they've left everything on the pitch.

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING REDS.

Yawn....More simple minded 'your not a real fan if you are negative' nonsense :rolleyes:

Wake up and smell the coffee. The club dont give a shít about the fans so its understandable the fans are beginning to feel a general apathy toward the club.

Negativity is okay, doesn't get ya anywhere though.

You also equated watching Arsenal with being tortured, that's a little different than being negative.

I don't know about you lads but good bad or indifferent I'll be watching as i said in my podcast can't see anything but a draw to be honest

Take the bad with the good with Arsenal as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

We're marginal favourites with the bookies for the win.

I honestly fancy our chances if he starts Lacazette. Wrighty always loved this match to turn on the style.....from what I've seen Lacazette seems a similar character. Nothing would stop me watching....the only difference will be I'll delete the recording if we lose :)

Negativity is okay, doesn't get ya anywhere though.

You also equated watching Arsenal with being tortured, that's a little different than being negative.

That was clearly tongue and cheek hence the emoji at the end of it. Not being able to take a joke won't get you anywhere either.

Being realistic though until that washed up manager and the board fúck off the limp defeats will continue. Id be very surprised if they won tomorrow and even if they do in the great scheme of things they are going nowhere fast under Wenger only perhaps backwards. Thats not negativity, that is being realistic. The man is deluded and washed up. This nonsense that he loves the club beggars belief. The man is in it for himself. He'd have walked during the summer if he truly loved the club. He stuffed the club with rubbish players and blames everyone bar himself and his press conferences are getting cringier and cringier by the day.

Knowing for example that the ordinary man on the street wouldnt beat Anthony Joshua in a fight isnt being negative, its being realistic. Being positive about their chances wouldnt help matters only make it the more shocking experience when reality sets in.

Being 'positive' about the current state of affairs at Arsenal certainly wont make the club change direction whatever hope there is with discontent among the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I just accepted a 5-a-side invite at 12 precisely so I don't watch it :pac:

I just accepted a 5-a-side invite at 12 precisely so I don't watch it :pac:

Wise move to be honest. I dont blame ya. Same limp shít tomorrow no doubt. Even a win is only papering over the inevitable mental collapse.

• Advertisement

When a home draw against that lot is considered a 'positive' result nowadays you know things have gone south.
    That would have been uheard of for pretty much the entire time I've been a gooner (best part of 40 years BTW)

Christ how this club has lost its way.

DvB wrote: »
    When a home draw against that lot is considered a 'positive' result nowadays you know things have gone south.
    That would have been uheard of for pretty much the entire time I've been a gooner (best part of 40 years BTW)

Christ how this club has lost its way.

Jeez some bad so called fans around here :P. Are ye not aware we have won 10 home games in a row? #stuffofchampions :rolleyes:

That was clearly tongue and cheek hence the emoji at the end of it. Not being able to take a joke won't get you anywhere either.

Being realistic though until that washed up manager and the board fúck off the limp defeats will continue. Id be very surprised if they won tomorrow and even if they do in the great scheme of things they are going nowhere fast under Wenger only perhaps backwards. Thats not negativity, that is being realistic. The man is deluded and washed up. This nonsense that he loves the club beggars belief. The man is in it for himself. He'd have walked during the summer if he truly loved the club. He stuffed the club with rubbish players and blames everyone bar himself and his press conferences are getting cringier and cringier by the day.

Knowing for example that the ordinary man on the street wouldnt beat Anthony Joshua in a fight isnt being negative, its being realistic. Being positive about their chances wouldnt help matters only make it the more shocking experience when reality sets in.

Being 'positive' about the current state of affairs at Arsenal certainly wont make the club change direction whatever hope there is with discontent among the fans.

I don't get your pure hatred for Wenger. I'm not a fan of the board by any means but that for me makes Wenger's achievements all the more impressive.

Washed up manager? He's won more trophies in the last 4 years than any other English-based manager or club (tied with Chelsea). He does this while competing against clearly better financed teams and with little help from the board.

But sure, whatever fits your narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't get your pure hatred for Wenger. I'm not a fan of the board by any means but that for me makes Wenger's achievements all the more impressive.

Washed up manager? He's won more trophies in the last 4 years than any other English-based manager or club (tied with Chelsea). He does this while competing against clearly better financed teams and with little help from the board.

But sure, whatever fits your narrative.
    Trophies you say ??
    It's league titles we want and it's a long time since we saw one.
    He'll never win another at Arsenal.

Are ye not aware we have won 10 home games in a row? #stuffofchampions :rolleyes:

We have?
    Red Star Belgrade might disagree with that stat.

Trophies you say ??
    It's league titles we want and it's a long time since we saw one.
    He'll never win another at Arsenal.

I can think of a lot of teams that would be happy with 3 fa cups. And don't give me that 'it's only the fa cup ballacks', the last 4 last year was city, spurs, chelsea and arsenal and we beat the league winners last year after beating the league winners this year in the semi.

Leagues are always gonna be tougher when you're not backed financially against teams that can go out and drop 200 million.

I'd love to be able to spend that cash but we can't so you have to temper expectations and be realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I can think of a lot of teams that would be happy with 3 fa cups. And don't give me that 'it's only the fa cup ballacks', the last 4 last year was city, spurs, chelsea and arsenal and we beat the league winners last year after beating the league winners this year in the semi.

Leagues are always gonna be tougher when you're not backed financially against teams that can go out and drop 200 million.

I'd love to be able to spend that cash but we can't so you have to temper expectations and be realistic.
    The go away and wallow in "our greatness" shyte.
    Some of us want better than Cups.
    The league is played over 38 games and is the premier competition. Only the best win it as it shows consistency.
    I bet you celebrated Top 4 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

DvB wrote: »
    We have?
    Red Star Belgrade might disagree with that stat.

It's 10 home league games stretching back to 2-2 draw with Citeh at the start of April. Only home league defeat was 2-1 loss to Watford last January.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    It's 10 home league games stretching back to 2-2 draw with Citeh at the start of April. Only home league defeat was 2-1 loss to Watford last January.

Ah, was assuming it was a reference to this season and all competitions.
    I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I dunno lads. I'm not an optimist at all, but the media are falling over themselves to big up spurs here and stick the knife into arsenal. They talk of this huge gulf, and while I don't think anyone thinks arsenal are the superior team at the moment, I think this gulf shíte is a bit off.

Feel free to quote this when arsenal go down 4-1 tomorrow, but I just have a feeling a "shock" result could be on the cards.

And as stated earlier in the thread, the bookies agree with me. They still have Arsenal as favourites to win this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement