Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thank God they have finally done it, both for us and Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bet ye never thought ye would see the day! In fairness better off announcing it now and getting someone else lined up so they can get transfers sorted and that with it being a wc year and shorter window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Who would you lads want to take the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

yess finally!!!
    so glad!! 

I feel as if we just won the title!!! FINALLY HE HAS GONE!!!!!

jumping for JOY!! absolutely amazing!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Time to see what the players are made of. A Europa league would be a fantastic way to bow out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If he wins ye the EL and gets them a CL place on the back of it will be a huge send off.

Would be a great with for the players to thank him for his service too, could have a big placebo effect on the upcoming games against Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Viera replacing him I’ve heard from a good source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Thepoet85 wrote: »

Got to be simeone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

#VieraOut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

It's still a sad day. I've wanted him gone for the last few seasons. As Paddy Vieira once said Wenger's greatest strength was also his greatest weakness...his trust in players.

Thanks for all the memories Arsene (hopefully there'll be one more), you revolutionised our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Come on now players, grow some balls and win the EL for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thepoet85 wrote: »

Allegri.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

golfball37 wrote: »
    Viera replacing him I’ve heard from a good source.

I sincerely hope not.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Roaster wrote: »
    It's still a sad day. I've wanted him gone for the last few seasons. As Paddy Vieira once said Wenger's greatest strength was also his greatest weakness...his trust in players.

Thanks for all the memories Arsene (hopefully there'll be one more), you revolutionised our club.
    sad day my backside (for me anyway) this is the happiest i have ever been since we last won the title.

He has overstayed his welcome and tarnished his legacy a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Spurs fan here guys, hope Arsenal pick the right person for the job. Not sure about Vierna though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Glad to see wenger gone. Unfortunately it is 2 seasons too late. I fear for the mess he has left behind. Similar to when fergie retired. He left utd in a shambles for a few years. We need a good manager like simone and I'd say we'll be starting from scratch and get rid of the deadwood (wellbeck etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

YEssssaaaaaaaaaaaasssss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Happy now. Feel sorry for him as he’s tarnished a huge legacy, we do owe him a huge debt of thanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

LOOOOOL everyone sorry to see wenger going are the biggest ones crying out to get rid of him the last 2 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

yess finally!!!
    so glad!! 

I feel as if we just won the title!!! FINALLY HE HAS GONE!!!!!

jumping for JOY!! absolutely amazing!!!!

This post is just oozing with class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ArsenalFanTV after finding out that Arsene Wenger is set to leave... <a href="https://t.co/sNKj71IvB3">pic.twitter.com/sNKj71IvB3</a></p>&mdash; SPORTbible (@sportbible) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/987256984314490880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#SIMEONE IN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Roaster wrote: »
    I find it very strange that they announced it now. I reckon it was to pre-empt a leak.

It’s actually perfect timing.

Supporters will get behind him and the team. Emirates will be full again every game.

Players need to win the Europa now if they’re worth their weight in gold. Would be an epic send off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I can't wait to be disappointed with his replacement

• Advertisement

I can't wait to be disappointed with his replacement

prob be fcuking lee dixon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Free at last, free at last. Praise the lord we are free at last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Been a long time coming Tayto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Conte to takeover ? :D

pudzey101 wrote: »
    LOOOOOL everyone sorry to see wenger going are the biggest ones crying out to get rid of him the last 2 years :D
    everyone? Read my posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Who’s sorry???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The last 10 years have been pretty miserable as an Arsenal fan. He needs a European trophy to redeem himself, so I'm very much expecting to get knocked out by Atlético.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Arsenal will beat Atletico, they lost 3-0 the other night.

The last 10 years have been pretty miserable as an Arsenal fan. He needs a European trophy to redeem himself, so I'm very much expecting to get knocked out by Atlético.
    we probably will.  Madrid are a top european side. They would probably even beat man city over 2 legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You've obviously never had to break up with someone. You know it's for the best but it's still gutting. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes he overstayed his welcome but he will always be a hero to me.

The good far far outweighs the bad.

Today leaves me with mixed emotions. Excited for the future but sad that it came to this.

Feel good stat of the day for ye.

Wenger has won 473 PL games.

Spurs have won 420 PL games.

:pac:

sad day my backside (for me anyway) this is the happiest i have ever been since we last won the title.

He has overstayed his welcome and tarnished his legacy a bit
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Feel good stat of the day for ye.

Wenger has won 473 PL games.

Spurs have won 420 PL games.

:pac:

MAAAHHHH MANNN :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It was time for a change.

But I can't help feeling sad, the best manager the club have ever had and the one of the most intellectual managers in the game. I will miss him, it is the end of an era, not just for Arsenal but also the Premier League.

It will be interesting to see what approach the new manager brings and how much freedom he has, was Wenger really that tight with cash or was it the board not willing to spend. It's going to an interesting Summer ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm glad he announced it now. Hopefully the fans return to the stands and can give him the send off his career deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

My personal preference for the job would be Jardim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Conte wud also be a great choice and available

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Ancelotti quoted as favourite at 6/1 - would think vieira is not experienced enough but like the guy immensely.

Allegri is at 8/1 (yes please) but so too is Brodgers (no thanks).

whats simeones odds we need that guy in before any of them

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Conte wud also be a great choice and available

He'll likely be gone in a few weeks alright, even an FA cup wont save him.

Could be an outside bet but I reckon he'll go either back to Juventus if Allegri goes or back to the Italy job.

Sad to see him go but glad it’s happening at the same time. It’s overdue. Really would love to see him go out in a relative high. I think this might give the team a lift going into the game against AM next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Thank fúck, I genuinely thought they were going to keep this nonsense up for another year. It would be great now for him to win the Europa league in his last game, at least everyone can get behind that now and not be hoping for the team to lose.

whats simeones odds we need that guy in before any of them
    14/1 in betfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm glad he announced it now. Hopefully the fans return to the stands and can give him the send off his career deserves.

agree , particularly second part - as an Evertonian, when he took over - Arsenal and Everton were nearly at the same level - he transformed arsenal into complete winners, up to a couple of years ago , and left us light years behind,, he revolutionised football in England - believe me football played by Arsenel today is so much more preferable to watch than what we have to endure under Big Sam -the style of football made me enjoy watching Arsenal win in comparison to the old 1-0 to the Arsenal under Graham . He will be missed. Huge figure to the game, but it was time to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I cannot express the feeling of joy and release I felt when I saw the news alert that he has announced he's going. It felt like we had won something!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement