Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

al87987 wrote: »
    Some bad so-called 'fans' around here.

10 home league wins in a row obviously not enough for some people.

I'll be cheering on the gunners and with Alderweireld out and maybe Lloris too, I can just about sniff a positive result.

Score draw.
    DvB wrote: »
    When a home draw against that lot is considered a 'positive' result nowadays you know things have gone south.
    That would have been uheard of for pretty much the entire time I've been a gooner (best part of 40 years BTW)

Christ how this club has lost its way.

Bang on the money DVB, a score draw at home to Spurs is not a positive result. It’s Arsenal ffs against Spurs.
    For the record I think we will get a draw tomorrow, but I definitely won’t be jumping for joy over it.

DvB wrote: »
    We have?
    Red Star Belgrade might disagree with that stat.

Apologies its the Premier league i was referring to apparently. Run to the offy and get the bubbly quick.

al87987 wrote: »
    I don't get your pure hatred for Wenger. I'm not a fan of the board by any means but that for me makes Wenger's achievements all the more impressive.

Washed up manager? He's won more trophies in the last 4 years than any other English-based manager or club (tied with Chelsea). He does this while competing against clearly better financed teams and with little help from the board.

But sure, whatever fits your narrative

Ah the aul excuses are out :rolleyes: Familiarity about your posts too. We had another deluded loon spouting the same crap not so long ago using the same tired dead end arguments. The board dont pick the team or make the tactics.

The FA cup which is a meaningless competition in the great scheme of things. Only two trophies matter in football today. No excuse with Finance either.

Wenger isnt too worried about finance when he takes his 10m for the club a year. He's long finished and becoming more and more of an embarrassment. His teams continuously get annhiliated in the big games and make him look a fool. These times he wouldnt motivate a hive of wasps if he was covered in treacle. Leicester City won a Premier League...Where was their bank rolling? Was it in the 1m they dropped on Wes Morgan? Or the few thousand on Jamie Vardy?

My advice to the rest of the posters is to not expect too much from Arsenal any more. You might get the odd surprise here and there but basically its the same end product at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I just accepted a 5-a-side invite at 12 precisely so I don't watch it :pac:

I started a new season playing walking football in coolock due to play lunchtime but I have an agm in the rds to show my face at all day sat
    I will just check the ft score and I'm not expecting a win for us,

No Hugo, no alderweld, probably no Kane or Alli too. That's the cream of our spine .

Won't be pretty for the neutrals either imho
    Always slow start after the poxy international's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fair play to Al for still having faith in the manager. I've lost mine (later than most) but still tespect the man and would never use abusive terms towards him.

Anyway hoping against hope that we can beat them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

1-1 in this game last season. Praying for more, would settle for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I now remember why I've been staying away from this thread. You only sing when you're winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I can't decide whether to walk the dogs while the match is on or to trim the trees.

I now remember why I've been staying away from this thread. You only sing when you're winning.

???

Reasons to be positive? Go on...

I can't decide whether to walk the dogs while the match is on or to trim the trees.

You’ll be watching the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Cech
    Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
    Bellerin Kolasinac
    Ramsey Xhaka
    Alexis Ozil
    Lacazette

About our strongest team. Maybe would have had Jack in for either or Ramsey or Xhaka. But happy enough with it. I see Spurs are at full strength despite all the injury rumours.

That's our best possible side. At least Wenger isn't doing a Wenger for another big match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm afraid 1 - 1 draws at home are now no good at all regardless of who we're playing. We have to be winning our home games.
    We're 12 points behind City. If lads are happy with home draws then we've already thrown in the towel on yet another season and given up early.
    We won't bridge 12 points with home draws.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Cech
    Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
    Bellerin Kolasinac
    Ramsey Xhaka
    Alexis Ozil
    Lacazette

About our strongest team. Maybe would have had Jack in for either or Ramsey or Xhaka. But happy enough with it. I see Spurs are at full strength despite all the injury rumours.
    That's our strongest team but Wenger usually holds at least 1 back to try and change things if it's not going to plan.
    I can see Iwobi starting again.

Edit.

It looks like that team is starting. No game changer on the bench so. We better get ahead and stay ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I'm glad I'll be missing this game where spurs will easily win 3:0 or more. I'm off on a plane to hong Kong

That's our strongest team but Wenger usually holds at least 1 back to try and change things if it's not going to plan.

That's the lineup. He's not going to change it unless someone gets injured during warm up or something.

That's the team Tayto, it's been announced!

EDIT: Beaten to it by Basil

I'm glad I'll be missing this game where spurs will easily win 3:0 or more. I'm off on a plane to hong Kong

Hopefully you bring us the same luck as when Tayto goes away :D

Basil3 wrote: »

Hopefully you bring us the same luck as when Tayto goes away :D
    Haha I hope. There's still season tickets on offer for a bargain price of 5k

I pity the poor sods who take out loans for a 5K season ticket and is then treated to the rubbish we see coming from the club as Kronke pockets it.

• Advertisement

Yup likewise

I pity the poor sods who take out loans for a 5K season ticket and is then treated to the rubbish we see coming from the club as Kronke pockets it.

It’s less than half the price of the season ticket I was offered a few years ago but hardly a bargain. €108 a week and you don’t get 52 home games a year

The surprise and game changer from the bench will be Eddie Nketiah! Or Giroud.

emmetlego wrote: »
    The surprise and game changer from the bench will be Eddie Nketiah! Or Giroud.

Would be a major suprise, seeing as neither is on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Backed us down the bookies and confident now looking at the teams. 3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Backed us down the bookies and confident now looking at the teams. 3-1.

Hope you're right. Must of been decent odds we were 13-10 just to win.

I know we're all annoyed with Arsenal and the goings on behind the scenes and on the pitch but a win over Spurs will make me a very very happy man!

F*ck me Lacazette should of done better with that gift of a chance!

Awful shaky start from Kos.

Vertonghen absolutely battered by Özil there

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    You’ll be watching the match

Raining anyway :pac:

Ozil looks up for this. Sanchez looks dreadful again though.

Raining anyway :pac:

Ozil looks up for this. Sanchez looks dreadful again though.

Yeah, must say I'm shocked. Though oh for f*ck sake Ozil won't put in an effort but so far so good. He seems really up for it. Hopefully it lasts for the match

What's up with Kane anyway, he looks sluggish today.. hopefully they're just playing him for the sake of it because he doesn't look fit at all.

Damn. Great chance created by Ramsey and Bellerin.

We're definitely putting them under pressure, but need a goal

Sanchez already thinking of swapping for the sky blue jersey in a few weeks. Awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sanchez already thinking of swapping for the sky blue jersey in a few weeks. Awful.

Wouldnt get in their team at present. Always played this bad but had good end product to make up for it, now there is nothing. Disinterest and a hint of being found out in my opinion.

Lac pulled out of that. Thought he was favourite to get it.

Certainly looks that way. Maybe should of started Welbeck over him. Not a lot on the bench in fairness for once. He should of done better with that short back pass that Lloris had to leg it out for. He bottled it and didn't even sprint.

Can Xhaka last the whole match without being sent off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Xhaka playing a dangerous game

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Good to see Sanchez has continued his petulant nonsense from last season. He really adds nothing to the team as he clearly doesnt want to be there.
    I said it before, hes not as good as he thinks he is.

He's becoming a serious liability with these stupid tackles. He needs to come off or we'll be finishing the game with 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can Xhaka last the whole match without being sent off?

He comes across as such a thick player all the time so I'd worried

Not a free.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Good to see Sanchez has continued his petulant nonsense from last season. He really adds nothing to the team as he clearly doesnt want to be there.
    I said it before, hes not as good as he thinks he is.

He’s probably still our best player though....

Better team so far without creating much, look incredibly vulnerable on the break obviously. And Xhaka is still an idiot.

Get in

Goal Mustafi!!!

BAhaha! Get in! :D

And he was offside, great!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement