Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can't even beat a team with 10 men over 85 minutes.

What a pile of dog shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

pretty but pathetic and ineffective for most of the game

that result is exactly what Arsenal deserve after that performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Was really enjoying that until the typical comic effort in defence.

Kos awful, and Mustafi in a position to recover trips over his ass. Absolute joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'd say Simeone is delighted. They got away with it tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

dont worry lads an ladies , welbeck to bang a hat trick in spain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Thats that Im afraid, there will be no swansong for Wenger. This smacks of the recent playoff between Ireland and Denmark. With them back to 11 where they are more or less unbeatable at home and our absolutely dogsh1t away form we are in for a tough time of it in the second leg. I dont even think 1-0 would have been enough anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Does it feel like we are being punished by the ref because one one of their players was stupid enough to get sent off in the first 10 minutes?

How many fouls by were waved away in dangerous positions just because they are down to 10 men.

All the sending off did was give them free reign to foul us where ever they want because of a mistake their player made.

It was bull**** defending by Kos but if it was 11 v 11, would Welbeck have been given the free?

BBDBB wrote: »
    pretty but pathetic and ineffective for most of the game

that result is exactly what Arsenal deserve after that performance
    Really? 21 shots against the best defence in Europe. Think that's harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I find it hard to like anything about this club.

Praying the new manager transforms the club from this **** and puts life back into it.

imagine we were trolled and wenger signs an extension at the end of the season LOOL

AFTV will be hopping tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sums up Wenger's Arsenal over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Lads I really don’t think this tie is near over.

We are much better as underdogs.

Let’s not give up yet.

greendom wrote: »

8 shots on target was it? Not good enough against 10 mn in fairness, regardless of how good they are at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

A draw and conceding an away goal with 11 v 10 practically the entire game. So very arsenal really isn’t it.

With our away record and their home record I don’t see us getting through. 1-0 and we had a shout.

No cup or CL qualification will seal an abysmal season and justify wengers end.

I’ll still cling to some hope though because the alternative is depressing.

What a f*cking joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sonic85 wrote: »
    I'd say Simeone is delighted. They got away with it tonight

Arsenal got away with having to play a 10 man team, had they played an 11 man version they might have lost :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wenger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Arghus wrote: »
    Xhaka there. Jesus Christ. Loads of time to strike it and at least keep it down: balloons it.

What is his function as a footballer?

Have you ever actually watch Xhaka play?

His function is to make himself available for a pass for everyone in and around midfield. He always does it. Wilshere used to do it all the time too, but I haven't seen him do it as often recently. Ramsey never does.

If there isn't a pass on to anyone, Xhaka comes to the player looking to take it off them, especially defenders. He then looks to pass it to another free player and if no-one is available tries to be creative by playing long passes. I don't think I ever see him try to dribble it. I Don't know is that because he can't or is it because if he did and lost it he would then be out of position in midfield and couldn't receive the pass to relieve the defenders.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Does it feel like we are being punished by the ref because one one of their players was stupid enough to get sent off in the first 10 minutes?

How many fouls by were waved away in dangerous positions just because they are down to 10 men.

All the sending off did was give them free reign to foul us where ever they want because of a mistake their player made.

It was bull**** defending by Kos but if it was 11 v 11, would Welbeck have been given the free?

Why would he be given the free? It was clearly a dive. If anyone needs a talking to after the goal it was Welbeck for being a twat trying to beat 4 of the opposition on his own and the three defenders and the keeper for letting one attacker make ****ing eejits out of them from a simple ball over the top. Most people were laughing their asses off at Roma the other night for similar rubbish defending.

The ref wasn't the issue. Arsenal being their usual clueless selves was

Once again Ramsey gets away with a Sunday league performance.

Most overrated arsenal player in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Stay off the pints

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Stay off the pints

Tell me anything useful he done tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads I really don’t think this tie is near over.

We are much better as underdogs.

Let’s not give up yet.

We just drew with a team every single post before this game said would hammer us.

And yet everyone's furious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

****ing joke. Shocking defending AGAIN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

he was ****e tonight I agree

Hasn't he scored a load of goals lately?

Why would he be given the free? It was clearly a dive. If anyone needs a talking to after the goal it was Welbeck for being a twat trying to beat 4 of the opposition on his own and the three defenders and the keeper for letting one attacker make ****ing eejits out of them from a simple ball over the top. Most people were laughing their asses off at Roma the other night for similar rubbish defending.

The ref wasn't the issue. Arsenal being their usual clueless selves was

Dont see why you're mentioning other defenders and the goalkeeper, kos ****ed it up, ospina saves the shot and mustafi slipped which happens. Kos puts it into row z instead of trying to flick it over his head and the danger is gone.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    We just drew with a team every single post before this game said would hammer us.

You clearly werent watching. They were down to 10 men after 9 minutes. We had a better advantage than we could have hoped for. And yet we huffed and puffed and more of the usual calamity defending cost us the game

Stay off the pints

Tell me anything useful he done tonight?
    Great header that lead to an outstanding save. Played well in general I thought

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hasn't he scored a load of goals lately?

So did bendter.

I hate Welbeck. Can't think of a bigger waste of space in the last 10 years to put on an Arsenal jersey. United never sells decent players to (former?) rivals. We didnt learn from Silvestre. The lad couldnt hit a barn door with a beachball

So did bendter.

The drivel is flowing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

greendom wrote: »

1 goal out of 21 shots and you consider it harsh to say it was ineffective? I find that genuinely mystifying given we just watched the same game. Arsenal tried walking it through for over an hour and never looked like really threatening the goal

We clearly have a very different expectation when one side is reduced to 10 men and the other utterly dominates possession and plays in the attacking half for most of the match. I appreciate that you hold a different assessment but Im sorry Im not convinced that Arsenal got anything that they didn't deserve. They had the opportunity to give themselves a big lead going into the second away leg and they utterly failed to do it. Not only that but they conceded a very soft away goal

I hate Welbeck. Can't think of a bigger waste of space in the last 10 years to put on an Arsenal jersey. United never sells decent players to (former?) rivals. We didnt learn from Silvestre. The lad couldnt hit a barn door with a beachball

There is some bang average players there and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Disappointed but not surprised are the household emotions right now. We luvs our gunners, but we have a problem getting the kids asleep now after such excitement. Jeeps, if we could only have not had those brainless moments from Kos/Mustafi, we could be 20 points up the table and a certain for the Europa final!

• Advertisement

The drivel is flowing tonight

Yes it certainly is.

Defending mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ol' Donie wrote:

Ol' Donie wrote:

11 v 10 for 80 minutes Atletico didn't even get past the halfway line for the 2nd half except for their goal...get a grip

True, whats worse is that he seems to find himself in decent positions all the time. If he was anyway clinical he would bag alot of goals. Woeful first touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I just knew our defence would come back and haunt us, Kos has been finished for a while now and I think that moment tonight put the final nail in the coffin.

Atletico overall were comfortable I thought for most of the 2nd half. They didn't threaten us aside from the goal and one or two moments in the 1st half. Defensively they were fantastic, Godin looking like a real leader at the back and their GK pulling out a few wonderful saves.

I thought we played very good overall, Lacazette been the stand out and what a header for that goal. We were wasteful in front of goal in that first half and it came back to bite us in the end. Don't fancy our chances over there, especially hearing they only conceded 4 goals at home all season in La Liga.

I think people here seem to have the opinion that Arsenal should have went on and won 3 or 4-0 when they went to 10 men. Was never gonna happen they are too well organised. We should have seen the game out obviously, but think some are letting the emotion get the better of them.
    Playing Athletico with 10 men isn't the same as playing Watford with ten men.

• Advertisement

I think people here seem to have the opinion that Arsenal should have went on and won 3 or 4-0 when they went to 10 men. Was never gonna happen they are too well organised. We should have seen the game out obviously, but think some are letting the emotion get the better of them.

yes sir u have brains :) and playing them in the second leg with 11 v 11 is like huddersfield playing man city IMO

Yes it certainly is.

Defending mediocrity.

Read your post back, slowly

pudzey101 wrote: »
    yes sir u have brains :) and playing them in the second leg with 11 v 11 is like huddersfield playing man city IMO

I wouldn't quite go that far but I get what you're saying :)

Dont see why you're mentioning other defenders and the goalkeeper, kos ****ed it up, ospina saves the shot and mustafi slipped which happens. Kos puts it into row z instead of trying to flick it over his head and the danger is gone.

Because there was 3 of them there! There's no way Griezmann should be getting anywhere near the goal from a position like that. If it was any competent defensive team he would've just been crowded out of it but Arsenal do things differently don't they. You defend as a unit - watch the replays Monreal and Mustafi didn't bother their bollix until they realised Kos was in a spot of bother but by then it was too late. You always expect the worst and the lot of them just switched off. If you want to just blame Kos that's fine but until the team as a whole take responsibility for defensive duties then we'll continue to be served up **** like that

Because there was 3 of them there! There's no way Griezmann should be getting anywhere near the goal from a position like that. If it was any competent defensive team he would've just been crowded out of it but Arsenal do things differently don't they. You defend as a unit - watch the replays Monreal and Mustafi didn't bother their bollix until they realised Kos was in a spot of bother but by then it was too late. You always expect the worst and the lot of them just switched off. If you want to just blame Kos that's fine but until the team as a whole take responsibility for defensive duties then we'll continue to be served up **** like that

But kos should have never been in that spot of bother, that's all I'm saying.

Ugh.

Lads, don't be stressing:

"Arsenal have won more away matches in European competition (4 of 6) than they have in all domestic competitions this season (3 of 18)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Welbeck loses the ball, a quick through ball and Kos should have cleared it, Ospina lets it through his legs and Mustafi slips and allows Griezman to score easily.
    Yet another comedy of errors. Typical of Arsenal for the last number of years.Should have been fixed.
    Inferior players won't win you anything much.

Exactly. A team famed for their defender being told they have to defend for 80 minutes. Absolutely in their element.

Was never going to be a goalfest

I'd have been delighted to take the 1 0 to Madrid. So unreal that the defence had so little to do yet they still manage a feck up

as bad as everyone wants wenger out you cant deny what he done for us ( in earlier years) henry , pires , vieira the invincibles etc :) i supported them in in 96 when i was 7 and hes the only manager i know :) it will be a sad when he departs , but it is whats best :) if we can turn this second leg around we will be all #WENGERIN :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement