Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Coq will be sent off now again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Ozil has had a fine game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

omega man wrote: »
    Ozil has had a fine game
    The midfielders have been very good and are helping out the defence quite well which makes the defenders job easier. Something we've been poor at.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Not sure why we cant play like this every match

Some of our players look knackered now, and fair enough. They've given it their all, can't think of one player that hasn't put in a decent shift.

Good save

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Welbeck would be a threat now I think

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Welbeck would be a threat now I think

To who lol?

Only joking I’m a fan

That was on there pity

Iwobi giving it away almost let them in

• Advertisement

Iwobi giving it away almost let them in
    Nearly cost us there.

Ozil sky MOTM. Obvious choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Those Barca rumours have him bothered again. Good shop window performance.

Mustafi was my MOTM. Ozil was excellent too.

Still got to love Sanchez

Mustafi was my MOTM. Ozil was excellent too.

Close call but our attacking performance deserved to shade it

Great win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

How does lacazette not start every game for ye, unreal movement and touch.

Best performance in a long time. All over the pitch.

Wenger will probably announce a 10 year extension tonight lol.

Less of the ‘tide is shifting in north london’ sh1te please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Great performance.

Very solid defensively and the whole team closed them down impressively. They had vey little space to do anything. Should really have had at least one more in the 2nd half. Delighted with 2 - 0 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Seeing what you're capable of must drive you all fúcking nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I dunno lads. I'm not an optimist at all, but the media are falling over themselves to big up spurs here and stick the knife into arsenal. They talk of this huge gulf, and while I don't think anyone thinks arsenal are the superior team at the moment, I think this gulf shíte is a bit off.

Feel free to quote this when arsenal go down 4-1 tomorrow, but I just have a feeling a "shock" result could be on the cards.

Gulf my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

you know what I hope all the lads that said they weren't going watching the game please refrain from watching any others thanks

What a fantastic performance from every single one of them amazing stuff could have been 5 by the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Far play best arsenal performance in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Great win, always brilliant to beat Spurs and it’s been a while. Didn’t see the first half as was working, but managed to catch most of the second. Great start to the weekend.

• Advertisement

Best performance in a long time. All over the pitch.

Wenger will probably announce a 10 year extension tonight lol.

Less of the ‘tide is shifting in north london’ sh1te please.

We pressed them from the first whistle.
    We always play well when we press high.
    Wenger seems to think that only a few teams deserve to be pressed though.
    Fair play to them all today. Great team performance.

davycc wrote: »
    Far play best arsenal performance in years.
    It was only Spurs though :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Enjoyable match and result

Mustafi's command of English is excellent. Just like his command over the Spurs attack.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Seeing what you're capable of must drive you all fúcking nuts.

Likewise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Great win from the lads. So good to see us play all around the pitch. Very impressed by our defence.

Hopefully we can build something from this win. COYG!

Great performance, great win.... Ill enjoy it for what it is, a win over Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Goooooooooodly afternoon amigos!

Just back from work, absolutely delighted with this. Can't bastardin' wait for MOTD!

you know what I hope all the lads that said they weren't going watching the game please refrain from watching any others thanks

What a fantastic performance from every single one of them amazing stuff could have been 5 by the end

Ah now hold on, the lads have good reason to be disinfranchised. It's all very fickle to say shame on the lads for not watching when they have been subjected to continuous failure, downing tools and mental collapses from this team

We are getting far too boisterous all of a sudden for what historically will amount to a rare win amongst a greater cycle of mediocrity. If a rare brain fart from the team does this to us I'd hate to see how we would react to winning a major trophy

We are getting far too boisterous all of a sudden for what historically will amount to a rare win amongst a greater cycle of mediocrity.

Ten home wins in a row, man.

By the way, for those of you who dig podcasts, the Athletico Mince one with Bob Mortimer is only really vaguely football related, but the White Harts in the Gangs of the EPL (and indeed everyone else) are one of the funniest things I've heard in aaaages.

Gonna treat myself to a binge of them after MOTD with a few cold ones later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Ah now hold on, the lads have good reason to be disinfranchised. It's all very fickle to say shame on the lads for not watching when they have been subjected to continuous failure, downing tools and mental collapses from this team

We are getting far too boisterous all of a sudden for what historically will amount to a rare win amongst a greater cycle of mediocrity. If a rare brain fart from the team does this to us I'd hate to see how we would react to winning a major trophy

Bang on - it's been 13 years since Arsenal won a major trophy (the FA cup is great to win but not as prestigious as it used to be).
    13 years of Wenger telling us at the start of every season how Arsenal can win the league.
    Then when it goes to sh*t he blames everyone but himself (refs, limited budget because of new stadium etc..) for results when it was plain to see he needed to fill a few key areas (defensive midfield, defenders) in order to maintain a title challenge.

This season is no different - look at the league table now - 12 points behind City and we're not even into December.

We'll enjoy the win for what it's worth but we all know that we could be back to square one in a week or two due to the team having no consistency.
    We've been here before on many occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Nice to see some positivity around here today :)

Not gonna lose any games today chaps.

Enjoy the hell out of this.

F*ckin gulf. Go f*ck yourselves (the press etc, I mean)

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    Bang on - it's been 13 years since Arsenal won a major trophy (the FA cup is great to win but not as prestigious as it used to be).
    13 years of Wenger telling us at the start of every season how Arsenal can win the league.
    Then when it goes to sh*t he blames everyone but himself (refs, limited budget because of new stadium etc..) for results when it was plain to see he needed to fill a few key areas (defensive midfield, defenders) in order to maintain a title challenge.

This season is no different - look at the league table now - 12 points behind City and we're not even into December.

City are a class apart this season. No one will come close. Top 4 is the best we can expect this season and sad to say i don't think any manager could change that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Didn’t see the game due to prior commitments, but have the beers in for what will be hopefully a good motd later on. Haven’t had one of them in a while. Sounds like we played great, so really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great result today and another clean sheet. Badly needed too. Delighted :D

Stat|2017/18|2016/17|Diff|Proj
    Corresponding points|22|20|2|N/A
    Projected points|77|75|2|N/A
    Scored 3 or more|3|14*|-11|10
    Won by 3 or more|2|7*|-5|6
    Clean sheets|5|13*|-8|16

*over full season

Only difference round here when we win is there's a lot less posts, and slightly less moaning.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only difference round here when we win is there's a lot less posts, and slightly less moaning.
    You see results like this used to be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Highlights don't tell the full story obviously. That was a relatively lucky win from WHAT I SAW! Some good moments and some great heart in pieces... Again, as I said! Highlights!

Shearer must have felt ill having to praise us tonight!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Highlights don't tell the full story obviously. That was a relatively lucky win from WHAT I SAW! Some good moments and some great heart in pieces... Again, as I said! Highlights!

Wasn't that odd? The highlights looked even enough, but they were all about how much better Arsenal were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Basil3 wrote: »

Blah. I'll stop moaning when we win a league.

• Advertisement

Blah. I'll stop moaning when we win a league.

That's your prerogative. Enjoy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement